why do Brits pay so much more for a Cruise with Princess than U.S. guests.

shooie

I recently tried to book a Princess cruise from the UK through an American site and they informed me that Princess required them to charge an additional $100 because of being from the UK. They apologised for this and said any of the other cruise companies do not charge this. So it does seem Princess does charge more for UK pax in my experience at least even going through a US travel agent.

I recently tried to book a Princess cruise from the UK through an American site and they informed me that Princess required them to charge an additional $100 because of being from the UK. They apologised for this and said any of the other cruise companies do not charge this. So it does seem Princess does charge more for UK pax in my experience at least even going through a US travel agent.

Now that's very interesting :confused:

Princess was one of those that had banned US T/As from accepting bookings from anyone not resident in North America, as per my earlier post. That's a couple of years out-of-date - I wonder if this charge has replaced that ban?

Even more interesting would be to hear Princess' justification for the extra - any clues, Bengant?.

(and no, I don't want to hear members' theories on the subject ;))

JB :)

Now that's very interesting :confused:

Princess was one of those that had banned US T/As from accepting bookings from anyone not resident in North America, as per my earlier post. That's a couple of years out-of-date - I wonder if this charge has replaced that ban?

Even more interesting would be to hear Princess' justification for the extra - any clues, Bengant?.

(and no, I don't want to hear members' theories on the subject ;))

JB :)

That was certainly the case for us when trying to book a princess cruise using a US TA.

No idea why. And the travel agent stated they didn't know why either. Just odd only one company did it. I have never sailed with Princess so not sure why they thought they were worth a premium to the other cruise lines.