Cruise missing from Port of Seattle schedule ??

atexsix

Why would this be? It's a scheduled sailing, and Vancouver and Victoria have it listed on their schedules. I'm aware the Port of Seattle refers to their 2018 schedule as "preliminary", but I guess I'm not understanding what would be considered prelim on a bought and paid for cruise.

The sailing in question is the 9/29 sailing from Seattle to Victoria to Vancouver to Hawaii to Vancouver on the Eurodam, departing Seattle at 11:00PM. And no, it's not a 2 day repo followed by a longer cruise, my PCC checked on it, it's considered an 18 day from Seattle to Vancouver with Victoria/Vancouver/Hawaii ports of call; yes they will be taking on more passengers in Vancouver, but we are not required to leave the ship and reboard, we will have the same stateroom throughout, my PCC checked on that too. HAL did inform us we had to leave the ship in Vancouver post Hawaii due to Jones Act requirements, and could not continue to San Diego because we originally boarded in Seattle instead of Vancouver, but we're fine with that.

But could this unusual itinerary have contributed to the Port of Seattle's omission? Is it causing confusion on their end too? Is it an oversight? Or some other part of the process I'm now aware of?

Thank you.

Some ports do their "visible to the public" scheduling differently. For example, Port Everglades releases it about only 7 or 10 days in advance, even though the cruises have been booked for up to 2 years or so.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Why would this be? It's a scheduled sailing, and Vancouver and Victoria have it listed on their schedules. I'm aware the Port of Seattle refers to their 2018 schedule as "preliminary", but I guess I'm not understanding what would be considered prelim on a bought and paid for cruise.

The sailing in question is the 9/29 sailing from Seattle to Victoria to Vancouver to Hawaii to Vancouver on the Eurodam, departing Seattle at 11:00PM. And no, it's not a 2 day repo followed by a longer cruise, my PCC checked on it, it's considered an 18 day from Seattle to Vancouver with Victoria/Vancouver/Hawaii ports of call; yes they will be taking on more passengers in Vancouver, but we are not required to leave the ship and reboard, we will have the same stateroom throughout, my PCC checked on that too. HAL did inform us we had to leave the ship in Vancouver post Hawaii due to Jones Act requirements, and could not continue to San Diego because we originally boarded in Seattle instead of Vancouver, but we're fine with that.

But could this unusual itinerary have contributed to the Port of Seattle's omission? Is it causing confusion on their end too? Is it an oversight? Or some other part of the process I'm now aware of?

Thank you.

The Port of Seattle will publish an updated schedule, probably closer to the actual start of the cruise season in Seattle (only about a month away now!!) They seem to take their time posting the final schedule, based on my experience. That particular itinerary is actually 3 different cruises: Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver (2-day Pacific coastal), Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver (18-day Circle Hawaii), and Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver (16-day Circle Hawaii). We're booked on the complete 18-day cruise as well, and I'm not worried:D

See you onboard:D

• 4 weeks later...

Well the first ships are arriving for the season and schedule not updated, I don't get it but I'm going to pose the question to my PCC for grins and giggles, I guess my main concern is that the sailing might be a charter or something.

The Port of Seattle will publish an updated schedule, probably closer to the actual start of the cruise season in Seattle (only about a month away now!!) They seem to take their time posting the final schedule, based on my experience. That particular itinerary is actually 3 different cruises: Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver (2-day Pacific coastal), Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver (18-day Circle Hawaii), and Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver (16-day Circle Hawaii). We're booked on the complete 18-day cruise as well, and I'm not worried:D

Hello, I just read your post again after I posted mine, I will have to join the roll call, usually I do by now.

Well the first ships are arriving for the season and schedule not updated, I don't get it but I'm going to pose the question to my PCC for grins and giggles, I guess my main concern is that the sailing might be a charter or something.

The Port of Seattle has published its final 2018 schedule. The Eurodam is showing at Pier 91 on September 29th. Here it is:

http://online.pubhtml5.com/xflj/jyci/

You seem to be talking about two different things: The Port of Seattle's schedule, and HAL's cruise schedules. Ports are frequently not updated until shortly before the arrival of the ship. It has nothing to do with HAL's schedule of cruises, other than the Port's decision what port will accommodate them.

And you'll see me too! I'm so thrilled that I'll finally get to sail on the same ship with you and your sister! Haven't booked yet. Waiting for the price drop since I'm solo. Scored a good fare for the same cruise on same ship last year. (don't know how I didn't notice this thread until today).

Seattle seems to take their time doing anything. Welcome to the PNW!

And you'll see me too! I'm so thrilled that I'll finally get to sail on the same ship with you and your sister! Haven't booked yet. Waiting for the price drop since I'm solo. Scored a good fare for the same cruise on same ship last year. (don't know how I didn't notice this thread until today).

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Susan.

You seem to be talking about two different things: The Port of Seattle's schedule, and HAL's cruise schedules. Ports are frequently not updated until shortly before the arrival of the ship. It has nothing to do with HAL's schedule of cruises, other than the Port's decision what port will accommodate them.

I doubt CLIA would list a cruise leaving Seattle on the 29th if it were't going to be there. If the Seattle port failed to list it, it doesn't change that. It is now(finally) listed on the Seattle site, so it's all good . :)