Signature Beverage Package

gwilli

Here are the links to the new Beverage Packages and Ocean Bar Menu for HAL as of 4/12/18 that show what drinks are included:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Ocean-Bar.pdf

A Pool Bar Menu will be available as soon as I can convert the photographs.

I don't see Bloody Mary's included in the signature beverage package. Is this correct?

I don't see Bloody Mary's included in the signature beverage package. Is this correct?

Bloody Mary's cost $8.75 on the Pool Bars (indoor and aft Lido deck) Menu and being less than $9, are included in the SBP drink choices. Not sure why they are listed on the Elite Package Menu.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Pool-Bars.pdf

Is there no Mojitos available on the signature beverage package.... this would be a crime.....:)

We always get the SBP. Mojitos and Bloody Mary's are included in the SBP. Bloody Mary before lunch and Mojitos early afternoon.

Notwithstanding KK's comment above, here are relatively recent beverage prices.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus/

As previously mentioned, anything that is $9 or below is included in the SBP (currently). Hopefully, if drink prices have in fact gone up, the $9 threshold will also be adjusted accordingly.

We just returned from NA trip had SBP for Chardonnay - Penfolds $9 it was fine. Red - McPherson Shiraz $9 - fine as well - this red had some nice legs :D

When I checked the info from the first quote I could not find either Penfolds or McPhersons on the wine list. I am confused !

When I checked the info from the first quote I could not find either Penfolds or McPhersons on the wine list. I am confused !

The subject wines by the glass are available on the MDR wine list if you scroll down to the "Wines by the glass" section near the bottom of the menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MDR-Beverage-Menu.pdf

I really appreciate all of the information on this thread. As someone who usually sails with all-inclusive lines I like the opportunity to have a drinks package. It is not so much for the alcohol (I don't think I could drink 15 alcoholic drinks in one day - but I am sure I could give it the old college try!!!). For me, I like the fact I can get bottled water and specialty coffees throughout the day and not have to be nickel and dimed. Having those drinks available in the Signature Beverage Package is a wonderful idea. I am very happy and content paying a flat fee to be able to have what I want. I do wish the 'wines by the glass' were a little more varied but as the Elite package is not available on my sailing I will be very content. We can always purchase a bottle if we feel the need to or bring our own on Embarkation Day.

I really appreciate all of the information on this thread. As someone who usually sails with all-inclusive lines I like the opportunity to have a drinks package. It is not so much for the alcohol (I don't think I could drink 15 alcoholic drinks in one day - but I am sure I could give it the old college try!!!). For me, I like the fact I can get bottled water and specialty coffees throughout the day and not have to be nickel and dimed. Having those drinks available in the Signature Beverage Package is a wonderful idea. I am very happy and content paying a flat fee to be able to have what I want. I do wish the 'wines by the glass' were a little more varied but as the Elite package is not available on my sailing I will be very content. We can always purchase a bottle if we feel the need to or bring our own on Embarkation Day.

Are you on the Zaandam on the 1st? I am too and wanted to order the Elite Package. I too found the number of wines available limiting and if I could not get the Elite package I was just going to order a Wine Package. I was disappointed when I saw that your TA said the Elite package wouldn't be available on the cruise.

So I phoned HAL directly and was able to order the Elite package. I think sometimes the TA's only see what is availabe on-line and sometimes when you phone HAL directly they are able to see more than we can.

Cheers!

I'd like to thank all of you for posting to this sight and clarifying for us just what';s contained in the Signature Beverage Package. The info is real nice to have before we embark so we'll know what to expect. Since our package was included as a promotion at the time of our booking, I'm just trying to understand whether the gratuity was pre-paid as well, or is there some reasonable expectation that a tip is paid (or at least offered) whenever a beverage is served.

Any clarification would be appreciated!

I'd like to thank all of you for posting to this sight and clarifying for us just what';s contained in the Signature Beverage Package. The info is real nice to have before we embark so we'll know what to expect. Since our package was included as a promotion at the time of our booking, I'm just trying to understand whether the gratuity was pre-paid as well, or is there some reasonable expectation that a tip is paid (or at least offered) whenever a beverage is served.

Any clarification would be appreciated!

Yes, the gratuity of 15% that would normally be an added cost for a beverage is covered when one has the SBP. It is included in the promotion when one gets the SBP through a promotion, or, if one purchases the SBP, one pays the 15% at the time of purchasing the package.

• 4 months later...

I have been told that non alcoholic beverages eg..(coffee, juice, bottled water, etc) are excluded from the 15 alcoholic drink limit. To my understanding, the 15 drink max per day pertains ONLY to alcoholic drinks. Can anyone confirm in certainty that this is indeed the case for the Signature Beverage Package???

I have been told that non alcoholic beverages eg..(coffee, juice, bottled water, etc) are excluded from the 15 alcoholic drink limit. To my understanding, the 15 drink max per day pertains ONLY to alcoholic drinks. Can anyone confirm in certainty that this is indeed the case for the Signature Beverage Package???

This is the $10,000 question it seems ....... and as usual it is yet another area where HAL corporate and the ships themselves seem to be in discord .....

According to the corporate terms it is "15 TOTAL beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, in a 24 hr period, worth $9 or less per drink at menu value".

There have been consistently inconsistent reports that some ships, or individual staff even, are only counting the alcoholic beverages as part of the 15, while others are counting ALL beverages toward the 15 ......

In the end - who knows which set of rules will be applied on your sailing, or by the particular person serving you at any given time. If you assume they will follow the "official" rules, you can only be pleasantly surprised when they make an exception and don't count non-alcoholic drinks toward the 15 limit .....

Really - it SHOULDN'T be this convoluted or haphazard, but it is .....

I actually had emailed HAL last week to ask them this exact same question, and this was their response (which I was pleased with). I hope this helps! :)

With the Signature Beverage package you have a limit of 15 alcohol beverages per day under $9.00 and then unlimited non-alcohol beverages at $9 or below.”

I actually had emailed HAL last week to ask them this exact same question, and this was their response (which I was pleased with). I hope this helps! :)

With the Signature Beverage package you have a limit of 15 alcohol beverages per day under $9.00 and then unlimited non-alcohol beverages at $9 or below.”

As reported in another thread today....

And I rang them today and they told me all beverages count. The rep did do some 5 minutes of research, it was not an immediate response. So who knows???