Carnival Military Discount

USAF&wife

Carnival offers Military discounts on a lot of trips, but not all. Check with them directly or through your TA. See eligibility below:

Carnival offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Health and Human Services, National Guard, Navy, Marines, or Reserves, as well as Cadets who are currently enrolled in a military academy with a scheduled entry date into one of these divisions. Retired personnel from any of these divisions are also eligible. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible. Finally, spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. Qualifying guests must submit a photocopy of enlistment papers, LES (leave and earning statement) with the social security numbers blacked out, or discharge papers (Form DD214 or DD256) and a passport or driver's license via fax to Carnival and Vacations To Go at the time of booking. Carnival will charge guests the standard market rate if they do not receive proper documentation within 48 hours of booking.

Ken S

Carnival offers Military discounts on a lot of trips, but not all. Check with them directly or through your TA. See eligibility below:

Carnival offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Health and Human Services, National Guard, Navy, Marines, or Reserves, as well as Cadets who are currently enrolled in a military academy with a scheduled entry date into one of these divisions. Retired personnel from any of these divisions are also eligible. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible. Finally, spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. Qualifying guests must submit a photocopy of enlistment papers, LES (leave and earning statement) with the social security numbers blacked out, or discharge papers (Form DD214 or DD256) and a passport or driver's license via fax to Carnival and Vacations To Go at the time of booking. Carnival will charge guests the standard market rate if they do not receive proper documentation within 48 hours of booking.

Ken S

And good luck finding a cruise that honors/gives the discount. DH and I are both retired Air Force, and have yet to find one.

My dh is retired military and we have been able to use the discount on 3 of our Carnival cruises. One cabin in 2004, 2 cabins in 2008 and our last one in 2009. They don't always have them or they sell out quickly, but they do have them.

Sherry

Carnival has 100's of cruises with Military discounts, and NCL has a standing 5%.

MilitaryAppreciation_title_.gif

Offer Details 5% discount off the prevailing rate on all sailings 10% or more may be eligible for select sailings and categories based on availability, see grid for applicable sailings. Booking WindowCapacity controlled Applicable Sailings:All Destinations throughout the year How to Qualify:A copy of the below Military Appreciation Program Form must be faxed or emailed to NCL and received within standard booking option period. Click here to download form. a. Active personnel serving with: Department of the Army WHITE ID Department of the NavyWHITE ID Department of the Air ForceWHITE ID U.S. Coast GuardWHITE ID U.S. Marine CorpsWHITE ID National Guard BureauWHITE ID ReservesWHITE ID Canadian National DefenseWHITE N.D.21 ID b. Retired personnel U.S.BLUE or TAN ID Canadian National DefenseWHITE N.D.21 ID c. VeteransProof of Military Service d. Honorably DischargedBLUE Program CodePGMIL

Offer Details 5% discount off the prevailing rate on all sailings 10% or more may be eligible for select sailings and categories based on availability, see grid for applicable sailings. Booking WindowCapacity controlled Applicable Sailings:All Destinations throughout the year How to Qualify:A copy of the below Military Appreciation Program Form must be faxed or emailed to NCL and received within standard booking option period. Click here to download form. a. Active personnel serving with: Department of the Army WHITE ID Department of the NavyWHITE ID Department of the Air ForceWHITE ID U.S. Coast GuardWHITE ID U.S. Marine CorpsWHITE ID National Guard BureauWHITE ID ReservesWHITE ID Canadian National DefenseWHITE N.D.21 ID b. Retired personnel U.S.BLUE or TAN ID Canadian National DefenseWHITE N.D.21 ID c. VeteransProof of Military Service d. Honorably DischargedBLUE Program CodePGMIL

Edited by kunapets

And good luck finding a cruise that honors/gives the discount. DH and I are both retired Air Force, and have yet to find one.

First, thank you for your service... Both of you..

Now, as for the Military discount.. Yes it is there, I have a PVP with Carnival and he/they have my DD214 on file.. I get calls all the time to see if I want to cruise again WITH the Military discount..

Either get a good TA or a PVP with Carnival.. CC rules prevent me from listing his name here.. (I got sent to the naughty room for doing it once)

Heck first cruise was upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony and the second was a killer rate for a CAT 9A.. (I ended up upgrading to a cat 12 for that trip.. SWEET!!)

They are there..

Have a great day now and again, thanks

I am US Navy Retired - +23 years .... and have sailed on Carnival 11 times, 3 times on Cunard, each with a Military Discount. I deal directly with Carnival / Cunard, - and simply have sent in my DD214 to the Personal Travel Person I worked with. They keep it on file in my profile, - so each and every cruise we do - we get the Military Discount - YOU EARNED IT .... Make sure you get it - Ido...

Seabee22:D

I always ask if there are any military rates available.It seems they become available randomly.I called yesterday and asked and received an upgrade from an ocean view to a cove balcony on the Carnival Dream.As it turns out my son who has just returned from an 6 month deployment to Asia and has since been honorably discharged will be going on this cruise with us.I had him fax a copy of his dd214 and received a discount when we booked this cruise a year ago.

I am US Navy Retired - +23 years .... and have sailed on Carnival 11 times, 3 times on Cunard, each with a Military Discount. I deal directly with Carnival / Cunard, - and simply have sent in my DD214 to the Personal Travel Person I worked with. They keep it on file in my profile, - so each and every cruise we do - we get the Military Discount - YOU EARNED IT .... Make sure you get it - Ido...

Seabee22:D

My dh is retired 06 and we are booked on QV for nov 12 cruise. Is the discount allowed only at time of booking, or can we try for it now?

When I called to book my cruise the PVP asked if anyone going was in the military or was retired. In all, we saved a little bit...with early saver the rooms were $429 (but they went up to $449 when we booked), and the discount made it $424, plus, instead of an interior room, we now have two portholes...whoopie! lol It is not much, but hey, it saved us at least $50 that we can put toward something else...like maybe our checked bag on the airline. We have always learned to ask when we buy something...places do not always post that they give discounts. For instance, Red Robin offers 25, maybe 50% off to people with a military ID card. My husband found that out when he went out one night after training when he was wearing his uniform. They said if he had his ID on him they could give him the discount. It doesn't hurt to ask. The worse that happens is that they say no, and then there is no harm done.

• 2 weeks later...

I always get a Military discount, if you are a member of USAA, they have a site called Explore Cruise, for Military, all branches, retired and spouses.

Also if you book with the cruise company online, there is a block that say Special Rates . It is on RCCL and Carnival, it applies to US and Canadian forces, Law enforcement and others.Check it out

Hope this helps

Finally, spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom.

Anyone else notice this? I wonder how the deceased spouse is suppose to occupy the stateroom?:confused:

Also if you book with the cruise company online, there is a block that say Special Rates . It is on RCCL and Carnival, it applies to US and Canadian forces,

Carnival does NOT give military discounts to Canadian Forces, I've tried.:(

Lois

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so thrilled! I just went to pay our last payment on our upcoming cruise, and noticed that the rates had gone down for Past Guests, etc....I decided to call our PVP..... (we happen to have the best PVP ever:))

He checked and found out that our Military rate had also gone down again, so with the savings, it took care of our final payment and we still received some money back!

I'm getting ready to print our documents!:D;)

• 2 weeks later...

who is your pvp; because our pvp NEVER EVER EVER has never called us with any form of credit........in the years we have traveled with Carvinal. my email is jkmoses@sbcglobal.net

I'm so thrilled! I just went to pay our last payment on our upcoming cruise' date=' and noticed that the rates had gone down for Past Guests, etc....I decided to call our PVP..... (we happen to have the best PVP ever:))

He checked and found out that our Military rate had also gone down again, so with the savings, it took care of our final payment and we still received some money back!

I'm getting ready to print our documents!:D;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is the discount like with CArnival?

One example of the Carnival Discount, the Carnival Valor departing from Miami on 10 Apr 11 for a Western Caribbean cruise currently has an 8M cabin (i.e., Aft cabin with an extended balcony) regular priced at $889/pp. The military rate for that same cabin is $724/pp, that's a $165/pp savings.

Note, Carnival Super Saver sometime are less expensive (available at least 5 months from debarkation) than the military rate. However, Supper Savers carry more restrictions/penalty fees in terms of changes and or cancelations prior to final payment than the military rate.

I emailed to ask if Carnival is going to offer Military specials again in May this year... and I got back a 'yes we will' :D

So give them a call in May.

I know they have done this the past 3/4yrs for sure.

Like some of the others have stated, since we are on file as military they usually call us to tell us about the specials.

Thank you BOTH for your service to our country!!!

I just learned about the existence of Cruise Critic two weeks ago when I was attempting to learn about the Spirit's repositioning cruise to Sydney. We're now booked on the first of the repositioning cruises, and I've learned a LOT on Cruise Critic!! My lasting impression is that the majority of folks who post here book their cruises through Carnival; travel agents seem to take a beating. To attempt to be helpful to you, I'll keep the list of our cruises when I post this (I usually skip it), and I'll share that only with Holland America have we not gotten a military discount--and that's because my husband is no longer active duty. Before I met and married my current husband, I was travelling as the widow of a retired USAF service member--and I always got the military discount that way too. The most important thing I have to share is that I/we have the most WONDERFUL travel agent imaginable: This lovely lady books us with all the discounts she can find (she has copies of the DD214 on file), and then SHE keeps an eye out for price reductions, files for them, and then tells us how much the fare has dropped!! As if that's not enough, we always seem to wind up with a substantial on board credit. With Holland America we wound up with a great rate because our TA found a group, and we got that group's rate without having to do anything, buy anything, or listen to anything! Cruise Critic is not the place for commercial advertising, but I believe I can tell you there are websites out there that cater to military folks, either current or former, who want to book cruises! Before I forget for the second time, are either of you members of the Air Force Association? If you are, you may want to check there; if not, then you may want to consider joining: That's how I originally found our great TA!

we booked a mediterrean cruise 6 mths in advance. after finding the cruise critic boards and reading about military discounts i called our travel agent and requested they check to see if we could get the discount. we were given a $1500 obc. i was shocked and even more shocked when we closed our on board account that were given a cash refund on the obc that was not used. we have never gotten that kind of discount since. i am guessing that we really were overpaid for that cruise. i always ask for the military discount but it has not been very much less, maybe $50 or less.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm completely new to cruising, currently working on booking our first cruise for my R&R in Sept, (In AFG at the moment) and would love to find a good TA or PVP like you guys are mentioning. If anyone wants to send me a good site or a name to ask for at Carnival, my email is th0r0ngil @ hotmail . com

Edited by Randomnist