P&O Cruises New Ship Name

GoProCruiser

If the name is to end with an "a" and it's an Adults only ship. How about....

Via gra

no space in the middle of course but CC wont accept the whole word when I tried!

Edited by Esprit

I think the name has already been decided.

Go to the P&O Website.

Here is the link for the new ship:

http://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/gala/

I know CC truncates the website so I'll spell it out to cover what the whole thing is:

www . pocruises . com / cruise-ships / gala

That might not mean much and I'm sure the folks outside of the US may have different websites and may not even be able to view my link. HOWEVER...

The same website with arcadia at the end instead of gala goes to Arcadia's page

Put britannia at the end in place of gala and it goes to Britannia's page...

I know the longstanding rule with P&O has been that names end with a or ia. Gala does. So my gut says that may be the name and they screwed up by putting it in the web address.

Go to the P&O Website.

I know CC truncates the website so I'll spell it out to cover what the whole thing is:

That might not mean much and I'm sure the folks outside of the US may have different websites and may not even be able to view my link. HOWEVER...

I know the longstanding rule with P&O has been that names end with a or ia. Gala does. So my gut says that may be the name and they screwed up by putting it in the web address.

Omg! You're a great detective!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to the P&O Website.

You are correct. I hope you are wrong though..that is a terrible name.

I was thinking

meamoana

sort of needs a question mark after it....

probably wouldn't consider the ship anyway so I will continue with my size ship..

Go to the P&O Website.

Good piece of work, but I would think that Gala is the project name and not the final name of the ship.

It's quite common for major projects to have a working title, in the same way that things such as books do whilst they are being written. It becomes short hand to make life easier for staff discussing the project.

I may well be proved wrong, but if not Gala would be a truly rubbish name. Yes it ends with 'a', but it conjours up none of the glamour and romance that most of the current ship names do.

Mind you, given the market that P&O has to attract now in order to fill the vast capacity, it may fit the bill perfectly :)

Good piece of work, but I would think that Gala is the project name and not the final name of the ship.

It's quite common for major projects to have a working title, in the same way that things such as books do whilst they are being written. It becomes short hand to make life easier for staff discussing the project.

I may well be proved wrong, but if not Gala would be a truly rubbish name. Yes it ends with 'a', but it conjours up none of the glamour and romance that most of the current ship names do.

Mind you, given the market that P&O has to attract now in order to fill the vast capacity, it may fit the bill perfectly :)

I also don't think Gala will be the new ship's name, but disagree that it is rubbish and lacks romance compared with the others.

A quick internet search on meanings gives the following, and Gala seems to tick a lot of boxes for a cruise holiday:-

Azura - Sky Blue

Ventura - Good Fortune

Britannia - All things British

Arcadia - Pastoral Paradise

Gala - Special occasion with lots of entertainment

I also don't think Gala will be the new ship's name, but disagree that it is rubbish and lacks romance compared with the others.

A quick internet search on meanings gives the following, and Gala seems to tick a lot of boxes for a cruise holiday:-

Azura - Sky Blue

Ventura - Good Fortune

Britannia - All things British

Arcadia - Pastoral Paradise

Gala - Special occasion with lots of entertainment

I stand corrected. Not sure that naming it after a chain of Bingo halls is a sensible idea, but then again.........