Took a solo Carnival cruise to Ensenada, had an incredible time

jjennings1990

Hey everybody It's been about a week and just needed some time to recollect , I took a solo cruise to Ensenada & Catalina from the 8th to the 12th and had an incredible time . I had a three bullet point list of things I wanted to achieve on this cruise they are as follows :

1. I wanted to eat everything
  2. I wanted to drink a lot (debated the cheers package to the last minute and it turned out to be the best choice for me
  3. I wanted to dance as much as possible anywhere I could when I felt the groove.

Thanks to all of the amazing people I met on my cruise I accomplished all three very thoroughly.

Admittedly it was intimidating , I am naturally an introvert but I needed so badly to get a way and just loosen up for a few days and this cruise was perfectly timed after one of the most stressful weeks of our year.

However the best piece of Advice I've read about nay sort of cruise is be open to communicating and getting to know others and they'll (typically) be interested in returning the favor to you. Everyone came to relax and have a good time so making conversation and friends is easy .

I tried attaching a few pics of my cruise but it wasn't workign regardless I saw cool things and met cool people.

A special thanks to my table mates , Excursion buddies, and the other Solo cruisers I met while on board . My cruise would have been great anyway but with amazing people it became even better

And naturally thank you to all of the awesome people working the ship who made the good time possible !

Sounds like you had a great time:D......that is good to see!........I have been sailing solo since 2003.......it is the only

way I go:D.........I am going to be 60 in March and am in the process of trying to decide what cruise to take for that

milestone birthday;)

Sounds like you had a great time:D......that is good to see!........I have been sailing solo since 2003.......it is the only

way I go:D.........I am going to be 60 in March and am in the process of trying to decide what cruise to take for that

milestone birthday;)

This was my very first Solo cruise and I absolutely loved it, Happy early birthday . What destinations do you currently have in mind ?

This was my very first Solo cruise and I absolutely loved it, Happy early birthday . What destinations do you currently have in mind ?

Thanks:).......I don't know for sure....I am looking at several cruises......A River Cruise to Europe is a possiblity........

A WIndstar sailing ship to The Panama Canal/Costa Rica is another one........I don't know if I want to do the Caribbean

again but that is always in the running......LOL

I'm glad to hear you had a great time! :D I am also a bit of an introvert and actually prefer traveling alone most of the time. I can regulate how I want to spend my time better. Having a companion is stressful sometimes because they want to go do this or that and I may just want to lay in the sun with a good book or take a nap, yanno?

Anyway, looking forward to taking my 2nd ever cruise (1st solo) to Ensenada, and I hope to have as much fun as you did!

• 4 months later...
Anyway, looking forward to taking my 2nd ever cruise (1st solo) to Ensenada, and I hope to have as much fun as you did!

Oh hey, just wanted to report back and say this is a GREAT solo cruise to take! :D I met lot of other solos and nobody treated me weird. In fact I got the best dinner group one could ask for! A lot of people were from the L.A. area, or California in general... they clearly a much different vibe than what I am used to in the Midwest, but in a good way!

Thinking I will do this exact trip every February. It's a good escape from the cold winter weather, post-holidays and relatively inexpensive. (The flight costs more than the cruise, but even there I was able to find a good deal ;) )

jjennings and PrettyPenny, thank you both for posting about your experiences. I'm so glad you each had such a wonderful time on your solo trips! I leave for my first solo cruise in 11 days, and I hope to report back just as you did: adventure and fun accomplished, relaxation goals achieved, friends made, and a much-needed new winter habit instilled.