Tip for cruisers in their 80s?

jlazz

I am traveling with a group of 10 on the RCCL Anthem on March 9th. I am the youngest at 55. The oldest are my in-laws as 84 and 87. They are in great shape, but starting to slow down a bit. I'd really appreciate any suggestions from experienced cruisers to make this trip the best it can be for my in-laws. Any suggestions for excursions would be appreciated. We are going to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay. Thx!

Jackie, wishing you a great time.

In Coco Cay it will be an extension of RCI so it will be a beach day with lunch and the ability to just sit and enjoy the island so no tours needed there.

For Port Canaveral one option is to see Cape Canaveral and do a tour.

You may also want to check out the ports of call boards.

Just one recommendation and that is to be sure everyone keeps hydrated by bringing water with you for everyone. Even though they are in good shape it is easy to get dehydrated and then faint.

Have a wonderful time.

Keith

At that kind of age you're going to need to take it a little easier - try to have the group keep to their pace, rather than having them keep up with the young 'uns, and bear in mind that they might not be capable of (or want) a full day of touring, even if you have vehicular transportation between sites. At 84, DW is probably good for about a half-day of "hard-core" sightseeing and then would want to return to the ship for a nice, long afternoon nap.