Cunard coach transfer

smeeville

Being from the west side of the Pond I'm not sure where Northampton is but last May my wife and I took the Cunard coach from London to Southampton. The service was very nice. They took our bags in London and we next saw them in our cabin. The coach was very clean including the bathroom. Being on the Cunard coach gave us a bit of confidence that if we hit traffic or were to break down the QM2 might cut us some slack and hold departure, at least for a little while. The cost was U$50 and would do it again.

Hope this helps.

Harold

We take the coach transfer to Southampton from the northwest of England and have found it to be the best way to join the ship. In the past Cunard have used Eavesway and Intercruises and this year it appears to be Intercruises. The coaches are modern, comfortable and well equipped. The cost from our region was £90 return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have not used the coach since it took us from Preston, via Liverpool and Telford. Then we got stuck in traffic and did not get to the ship until 4.30. Now we go down the day before and stay in Southampton so we can be on board as soon as possible. You should be OK from Northampton though as it's not as far.

We have not used the coach since it took us from Preston, via Liverpool and Telford. Then we got stuck in traffic and did not get to the ship until 4.30. Now we go down the day before and stay in Southampton so we can be on board as soon as possible. You should be OK from Northampton though as it's not as far.

We do that now too, hotel, in or near Southampton, and parking.

We find it a far more relaxing start to the holiday.

We travelled from Liverpool and, as well as having to change coach on the way down because of a problem they had with another coach, didn't get there until after 4.

On the way back it was even worse, we were taken off the coach at a service station and transferred to Liverpool on a minibus; arrived after 5.

Being from the west side of the Pond I'm not sure where Northampton is but last May my wife and I took the Cunard coach from London to Southampton. The service was very nice. They took our bags in London and we next saw them in our cabin. The coach was very clean including the bathroom. Being on the Cunard coach gave us a bit of confidence that if we hit traffic or were to break down the QM2 might cut us some slack and hold departure, at least for a little while. The cost was U$50 and would do it again.

Hope this helps.

Harold

Dear Harold - We just booked transfers from Heathrow to Southampton and Cunard has raised their prices considerably since last May. Now the one-way price is US $80 per person! Outrageous increase in my opinion.

Dear Harold - We just booked transfers from Heathrow to Southampton and Cunard has raised their prices considerably since last May. Now the one-way price is US $80 per person! Outrageous increase in my opinion.

I have also just booked their transfer from North West England and they have increased the price to £108 each!

I am also wanting to book the Cunard coach from Heathrow to Southampton. How did you book yours? When I try to book it through the Voyage Personaliser, all I get is a link to private car transport. Thanks!

I am also wanting to book the Cunard coach from Heathrow to Southampton. How did you book yours? When I try to book it through the Voyage Personaliser, all I get is a link to private car transport. Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no way to book Cunard transfers through the Voyage Personaliser (at least not the US version). The only way I know of to add Cunard transfers to an existing booking prior to the voyage is to call Cunard or your travel agent as the case may be.

Regards, John

Unfortunately, there is no way to book Cunard transfers through the Voyage Personaliser (at least not the US version). The only way I know of to add Cunard transfers to an existing booking prior to the voyage is to call Cunard or your travel agent as the case may be.

Regards, John

Thanks!

I was also taken somewhat back last December when the Cunard transfer from Heathrow to Southampton was raised to $80. My flight from JFK arrived at 6:30 am and I walked out of the baggage area just before 8 to find the Cunard reps to greet me and 6 other passengers. We were soon on our way to the QM2 - I was surprised we did not have to wait for later arrivals to make the journey more cost effective. At the terminal, there had been a delay in disembarking that morning and they were not prepared to take our luggage so our driver went to a parking lot to wait. After about 20 minutes, we were allowed to drop off the baggage and we were in the terminal by 11 am. I was processed at noon(diamond member) and soon on the ship. So I consider the $80 well spent.

The only problem with Intercruises is that their phone number is an 0843 one so it can be expensive.

Here is an alternative number for Intercruises that is at the normal rate: 0131 226 8511.

(To find cheaper numbers, go to http://www.saynoto0870.com and enter the expensive number. There is generally a cheaper alternative that has been supplied by someone.)

Reading some comments on cost of transfers to apt/port We are paying $60/person for Southampton to Gatwick transfer on 23 March. I was glad to pay. Could't do a one way drive for that and I am not that conversant with the trains in UK. End point is actually Marriott County Hall in London that day. Will catch the Gatwick Express from apt into town.

I was also taken somewhat back last December when the Cunard transfer from Heathrow to Southampton was raised to $80.

This is apparently $80 per person from LHR to the dock, which is totally bizarre, since Heathrow is closer to the M3 (the road to Southampton) than either of the two London departure points, which ran $49 per person the last time we used Cunard's service.

For two people travelling together, a car service is only a little more than the Cunard coach, while being far more comfortable and able to make a pit stop when requested. Last November, we paid around $150 for the two of us from our hotel near Waterloo to the dock, using Smiths for Airports.

For someone travelling alone, the Cunard coach does make sense. Be aware that they depart from two different locations in London, either Victoria Coach Station (nothing to do with the rail station) or from St. Pancras. St. Pancras is a far more comfortable place to wait; Victoria Coach station is not terribly well maintained, has relatively few seats and not even anyplace to buy a newspaper.

From either station, the coach has to go through London out almost to Heathrow before picking up the M25 and then the M3, so it is a longer trip than going direct from the airport, yet apparently less expensive. Odd.

The only problem with Intercruises is that their phone number is an 0843 one so it can be expensive.

That iisn’t the only problem..

Intercruises use Ellison’s who never have wi-fi but Eavesway do have wi-fi.

On a seven hour journey from North Wales, wi-fi can help.

• 4 weeks later...

We must be lucky we were offered either onboard credit OR free transfers to the port. When you need to travel from our area it’s over £100 per person. At the moment I have no idea when we will board the bus on departure day as it’s too far out to schedule it. We don’t drive and train fares were over £600 return flights were not much different. So the free bus transfer was out best option. As long as I can use my kindle and watch preloaded films on a tablet we’ll be fine. There’s always plenty of adult colouring books and things you could do that don’t take up much room or weigh that much.

If you book seats on a National bus also leaving from Victoria station, It will cost you a fraction of Cunard's price. However, they will drop you off down town Southampton at the bus station where you will have to catch a taxi, Still you will be considerably ahead. Southampton taxi drivers know when ship departures are so you should not have to wait very long for one.

Hi Guys we are traveling from Western Australia towards the end of July getting a National Express coach from Heathrow the day before we embark and staying in a Hotel ten minutes away from the ship. We do not like taking the chance of plane delays from Australia , we also found that cunard do not collect the day before. We have driven down on past occasions , however I want my husband to relax and enjoy our trip so we decided not to drive this time. You can reserve seats on the coach, we arrive at 6am Heathrow and get the coach at 9.45 at Southampton by 12.

So keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well. :-)

It can be booked on line for convenience I hope this may help!! :cool:

Once again, the question of a coach or making your own way is a personal choice based on an amalgam of points. For years we made our own way to Southampton from the North West of England and journeyed down the day before thereby incurring a full tank of fuel - each way, plus accommodation, meals etc., total cost being quite hefty, plus on one occasion being met with flooded roads on the way down, we became quite anxious regarding reaching the ship in time - a bit nerve racking actually.

We were then offered free coach seats on our next cruise and as I had recently had surgery and was concerned about lifting the luggage so we took up their offer. HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK. Our last six cruises (plus this August's) have gone as smooth as you could like. Give the driver our luggage in Lancashire and we next see them in our stateroom, if there's heavy traffic - sit back and have a read or a snooze - if we're late arriving, don't worry, they'll wait for us. LET THE COACH TAKE THE STRAIN.

As an aside, on our last cruise, I made the classic error of putting my mobile inside the little piece of netting in the set in front of me and left it in the coach. Upon getting home I realised this and telephoned Ellison's who made a few phone calls, transferred the phone through a few hands and I collected it from their St.Helens office the following morning. EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Like I say, it's personal choice, but we'll be letting the coach take the strain again in August.

Happy cruising,

David

Hi Guys we are traveling from Western Australia towards the end of July getting a National Express coach from Heathrow the day before we embark and staying in a Hotel ten minutes away from the ship. We do not like taking the chance of plane delays from Australia , we also found that cunard do not collect the day before. We have driven down on past occasions , however I want my husband to relax and enjoy our trip so we decided not to drive this time. You can reserve seats on the coach, we arrive at 6am Heathrow and get the coach at 9.45 at Southampton by 12.

So keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well. :-)

It can be booked on line for convenience I hope this may help!! :cool:

Hi, We are also from Australia and flying in next year, would love to know what hotel you are staying at in Southampton and thanks for the information about National Express coaches they sound like a good idea.

:)