Viking Voyager app

BruceLovesSailing

I just discovered the Viking Voyager app.

According to the documentation, while onboard a VO ship, it allows you to:

View your calendar

View the Viking Daily

View weather and port info

Book excursions, spa appts and dinner reservations

Set up reminders for reservations

View port descriptions and maps

Access the Viking Art Guide

I’m not currently on board so I can’t vouch for the app. Maybe someone onboard can try it and give a review.

I wish I knew about this on our cruise in January.

I hope it’s as usefully it sounds.

Good News! I've downloaded this apl. It's meant to be used once you've boarded your ocean ship, connected to the ship's Wi-Fi and will provide your personal cruise information. Not yet available for river cruises. Otherwise it's an informational link to Viking. I'll see it's downloaded on all 4 devices we'll be using on our 3/17 and 9/18 Viking Ocean Cruises this year. Thanks!:D

I just downloaded it, too. Sounds great!

Has anyone used the Viking Art Guide app while on board? It’s supposed to be an audio guide to artworks on the ship.

Yes, I used it last year - it was very interesting.

• 1 month later...

I found out about the app from customer service while on-board. Couldn't connect to the app store using the ship's WiFi. I suspect it was a band width issue. I had to wait until on shore and found a coffee shop with WiFi. When I did get it downloaded I could only see cruise #! since we were doing B2B. Athens to Venice to Rome. CS said the app is new and has bugs. If you plan on using this app, downloaded it before you leave home.

Currently onboard the Sky. The app is useful but not perfect.

Issues:

One day, the hours were incorrect for breakfast in the Restaurant. 10:00 a.m. instead of 9:30. Oh well, there were other options.

It seems a little confused when you change time zones. Spa appointment reminder were sent an hour early.

Certain activities weren’t on your calendar (bridge tour, galley tour)

Positives:

Too many to mention. Download the app.

• 3 weeks later...

We used the app extensively during our TA on Sky in March. As a PP mentioned there were some time and date issues but it allowed us to make reservations for alternative dining immediately upon boarding rather than having to wait in the looooong (25 people?) and slow line to do so. It also allowed us to check dining menus at all restaurants so we could decide whether to go to the Restaurant or to the World Cafe or to cancel an alternative when lobster night in the Restaurant changed dates.

Since the WiFi allowed hubby and I to message each other (IMessage on our iPhones) we had the phones with us all the time so the apP was handy for checking daily activities rather than carrying the paper copy of the daily.

• 1 year later...