Is an upgrade worth it ?

Piaa

Good day - we have an option to upgrade to a Commodore Suite (Deck 2) so my question is would you do it given little time in the cabin ???

From my perspective, it depends on cost of upgrade and length of cruise.

For me, I would only consider paying for an upgrade to one of the larger suites with larger bathrooms. The tiny bath area is really our only point of discomfort with a regular cabin, and I just can’t see paying extra to get two of the annoying things!

We find living space to be adequate, albeit a bit cozy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A good decision, Piaa. Although we have been in much bigger suites on a number of cruise lines, some with walk-in closets, bathtubs and double sinks, we have never felt that the standard suite on SD was uncomfortably small. We have always managed to cope with the tiny bathroom and never regretted we didn't book something larger. We don't even spend enough time in the room to sit on the sofa, and we certainly don't need a dining table. If they comped us for the upgrade, I wouldn't turn it down, but pay for it? Not likely.

Might feel differently on a crossing, but I don't see us doing that.

Having just returned from our first cruise on Sea Dream, I would say it depends on how much the upgrade was going to cost, and where and when you are cruising. We didn't need a dining table, but a second seating area and a second bathroom would have been welcome. No last minute upgrades were offered to us or anyone else we talked to, even though there were only 54 passengers on board. The weather was predicted to be windy, with high swells, and it was. I would have loved a commodore suite instead of our room on deck 4, because of the weather.

How can anyone be expected to advise on this question without knowing how much they are asking for the upgrade?

At what price do you think it would be worth paying wripro ? Deck 2 upgrade to a Commodore.. $500, $1000, $2000, $3000 - thank you for your insight

Edited by Piaa

The owner's suite became available a few weeks before our cruise. No discount was offered on the upgrade, and it was 4 K each over our deck 4 cabin. That would not be worth it to us for a 1 week cruise. It would have to be a very long cruise to make that amount worth it.

We would have paid 500 each for a commodore suite on deck 3 without a problem. If we had known that we wouldn't have been paying for shore excursions since they were almost all cancelled, we would have been willing to pay 1000 each for a commodore suite on deck 3 since we saved so much on shore excursions.