Packing tips for Canada/NE cruise late July/Early August

Jennilee17

I am looking for some tips on packing for a Canada/New England Cruise July 27-August 3. I am from Texas and we only have two temp and they are Hot or Humid.

We will be traveling with two young kids. So tips for things to take for them would be helpful as well.

Would love any suggestions for packing.

Thanks in Advance for any help you may have.

It is likely to be cooler (colder?) and less humid than TX. That said, you probably need to be prepared for a variety of weather both during the day and at night. Also be prepared for rain. The recommendation is probably pack for layers. Remember, you can buy sweatshirts in any port.

It will be cooler then Texas.

With that said you just never know what the weather will be like where you are sailing.

Some ports may have a high in the 80's and some in the low 90's and lows in the 60's and 70's.

I would check the weather forecast as your cruise nears.

It might rain but it might not.

Keith

July and early August is our hottest time of year, with lows overnight in the low 70's. Daytime can be very warm. I (as an Ontarian) can't imagine wearing anything but shorts and T shirts in July/August, but you may find it chillier. Outside in the evening, a light sweatshirt would be all you'd need.

Bring a waterproof hooded jacket if possible for rainy days. If it is chilly layer it with a sweatshirt.

Good advice. Having t-shirts and cotton shirts etc. would be a good idea but it can rain and it can get cool at night. Also on the ship if you are walking outdoors it can be windy so having the jacket and sweatshirt could come in handy.

Layers are good.

• 3 weeks later...

As others have said, layers! I'm not a fan of sweatshirts, unless they are hooded, zipper variety, easier to take on and off. If you have a windbreaker, over a hoodie sweatshirt, you can become very warm. I did this on a recent Around the Horn cruise, saved me a great deal of luggage space. I realize I'm in Wisconsin, cold to me is freezing for someone else, but layers do work!