Need help with Saint John NB please!

Blue and Green

Need help deciding on an excursion in St John NB in late September. Usually I find it easy to decide when it comes to choosing shore excursions. We often opt for smaller, non-Princess excursions that I find through research on CC or Trip Advisor, but nothing is jumping out at me for St John.

Mr. Blue and I are considering renting a car in St John NB so we can drive to St Martins/Bay of Fundy on our own as well as spend time in the Old City Market before returning to the ship.

Also debating the Princess Highlights excursion so that we would have a guide to provide information, history etc. I think the Princess excursion will cover more ground (a few minutes here, a few minutes there), but we would likely spend more time doing the things we enjoy if we go on our own.

Mr. Blue uses a wheelchair frequently when we travel, but can walk short distances, a flight of stairs if needed. I’m wondering how much he will be able to see at the Bay of Fundy.

If we do not spend a lot of time at the Bay of Fundy, is it possible to drive to St Andrews or would that be cutting things to close? Our time in port is 5:30am -4:00pm, but I doubt we will be able to pick up a rental car before 8:00 am or so.

Would love to hear some of your thoughts and experiences…

Saint John is a very drive-able city/town. One can easily drive around, see all the sites and be back at the ship in loads of time. You can visit the reversing falls, see Hopewell Rocks, and the Museum all very easily. Love this part of New Brunswick, used to live across the bay in Digby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with other posters regarding Dave’s Taxi Tours, they are fantastic! We booked with other people from our CC Roll Call. My husband is disabled, and Dave got him up close and walkable at every sight. It was a wonderful day and we would definitely go again!

• 2 weeks later...
Saint John is a very drive-able city/town. One can easily drive around, see all the sites and be back at the ship in loads of time. You can visit the reversing falls, see Hopewell Rocks, and the Museum all very easily. Love this part of New Brunswick, used to live across the bay in Digby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you opt to visit the Hopewell Rocks that would likely be the only thing you did on that day. You would have a minimum 4 hours driving time there and back plus your time on site. It is also very dependent on the tide schedule as to what you would actually see.