Oceania cruises reducing club benefits for their most loyalguests

ifield

IN FALL 2019 OCEANIA CRUISES WILL BE TAKING AWAY SIGNIFICANT CLUB BENEFITS FROM THEIR MOST LOYAL GUESTS!!

The $230.00 per guest SPA credit for those who have cruised 15 + will be GONE.

The OBC will be reduced from $600.00per cabin to $500.00 for guests who are Platinum(20 -40 cruises),

and from $1000.00 to $750.00 for Diamond and above(41 cruises plus).

Mr Bob Binder, President and CEO, states that after 'extensive feedback from new and loyal guests' and travel agents, these benefits were not wanted. Rather guests wanted a bottle of wine, invitation to dine with officers and priority embarkation. Basically amenities that cost Oceania NOTHING!

As regards to embarkation and disembarkation, in my experience, never an issue.

They then really insult guests by sending an email advertising "Enhancments to the Oceania Club program"' as ever disengenuous as I know!

Please email me if you have ever been asked for your feedback as to the Oceania Club. Also I suggest a mass emailing to Bob Binder, President & CEO, sharing your disappointment at the reduction of Club Benefits. Apparently Oceania are making record profits so it would appear they are simply being greedy and taking their most loyal guests for granted. Email to <BBinder@oceaniacruises.com>.

Feel free to email me, Chris Perryman <chrisperryman@sasktel.net> if you would like any further information.

I’m beginning to wonder what’s going on with this cruise line. After years of receiving endless brochures every week or so, suddenly there’s nothing...I mean nothing for a couple of months now. Another cost cutting measure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m beginning to wonder what’s going on with this cruise line. After years of receiving endless brochures every week or so, suddenly there’s nothing...I mean nothing for a couple of months now. Another cost cutting measure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

maybe because so many people complained about getting so many they finally listened

I would rather they cut the brochures than the quality of their food

YMMV

As someone has stated, 'a little late to the party', this may be true......hopefully the party is still going on😀.

I regret I did not check into Cruise Critic while on our 29 day cruise March 1st - 29th. During this period I received the Oceania email from Ms Neli Arias.

I would encourage all who have written on the existing board to email Oceania cruises.

The President and CEO is Bob Binder. His email is <BBinder@oceaniacruises.com>.

The more inundated with emails from disappointed guests MAY have some effect. Unless we all try we'll never know.

As someone has stated, 'a little late to the party', this may be true......hopefully the party is still going on[emoji3].

I regret I did not check into Cruise Critic while on our 29 day cruise March 1st - 29th. During this period I received the Oceania email from Ms Neli Arias.

I would encourage all who have written on the existing board to email Oceania cruises.

The President and CEO is Bob Binder. His email is <BBinder@oceaniacruises.com>.

The more inundated with emails from disappointed guests MAY have some effect. Unless we all try we'll never know.

I feel that they could have found another way of cutting costs instead of upssetting their loyal customers who have spent their hard earned cash on Oceania over many years , personally it would have been better to increase the number of cruises to obtain further status to higher levels .

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

And here's me thinking a benefit was an advantage not an entitlement; shows how wrong one can be. ;)

Loyalty schemes change frequently, they are designed to tempt you to repeat an experience/buy a product again; if you are not tempted don't repeat the experience with that company.

If the new benefits don't give Oceania an edge over the competition they will change them again and people will complain again.

Do you really think a bunch of emails are going to make a difference?

Maybe they have too many loyal customers so they have to change some perks

What other cruise line gives you a free cruise after 19 cruises???

Seabourn. A free seven day cruise after 140 days sailed, far less than 19 cruises.

Unfortunately I still get 3-5 per week. :(

We get no Oceania brochures...thankfully, they seemed to get the message. DH is on Regent's mailing list however, so something is always in the mail. I actually liked their last big brochure (which was like a travel magazine), that it didn't go into the vertical file. It had some nice articles about European cities.

Maybe they have too many loyal customers so they have to change some perks

What other cruise line gives you a free cruise after 19 cruises???

Could be that when they change the perks they will have a lot fewer loyal customers. :(:(

Seabourn. A free seven day cruise after 140 days sailed, far less than 19 cruises.

So if you took 19 x 7 day cruises on Oceania =133 days you get a free 14 day or less cruise

I think that would be a better deal IMO

So if you took 19 x 7 day cruises on Oceania =133 days you get a free 14 day or less cruise

I think that would be a better deal IMO

I think that most Oceania cruises are a lot more than 7 days so in reality it is not a better deal.

The free cruise that you receive after your 19th cruise is based on the number of days of your 19 cruises, and also the category that you sailed in (which equals cost paid). If the 20th cruise that you want is more expensive than your "credits" then you can pay up to get the cruise you want.

The free cruise that you receive after your 19th cruise is based on the number of days of your 19 cruises, and also the category that you sailed in (which equals cost paid). If the 20th cruise that you want is more expensive than your "credits" then you can pay up to get the cruise you want.

I have never seen any mention of needing a certain number of days for the free cruise

AFAIK it is based on the number of cruises you take

Edited by LHT28

Shame on O to demote perks for loyalty passengers. Don't want a bottle of their cheap plonk instead of $100 OBC and Spa Credits. What will be taken away next.....credit for air deviation or the Free Cruise?

We sailed on Seabourn and Windstar in 2017 and had fabulous service and food. Cabins were spacious with walk-in closets and great bathrooms. But last year we had unfortunate experiences on Sirena....the food was tasteless, service spotty and the cabin was in disrepair. And then there's the awful shower curtain.

We're back on O this summer for our 16th cruise to see Iceland but if O doesn't measure up, we're done...that is, after our FREE Cruise...which may be the next Loyalty Perk taken away.

Not exactly.

The free cruise HAS TO BE one’s 20th cruise and it is free for up to 14 days. If one takes a shorter one, you short change yourself; if you take a longer one, you will have to pay for the extra days.

The cabin that one is entitled to on a free cruise is the cabin you sailed most frequently (or “averaged”) on your prior 19 cruises.

As to the changes, I am not happy about them. That said, I am just as upset (or possibly even more upset) about the language of these changes; to state that this is an “enhancement” to our benefits assumes that we are idiots and don’t know any better.

I consider that an insult to my and everyone else’s intelligence.

Will I leave Oceania because of this? Not for this alone but if things continue to change in other ways it may reach a point when it may be time for plan B.

Edited by Paulchili

Shame on O to demote perks for loyalty passengers. Don't want a bottle of their cheap plonk instead of $100 OBC and Spa Credits. What will be taken away next.....credit for air deviation or the Free Cruise?

Why shame on them? They are a business, and if they can still attract passengers and "give away" less in perks why not?

You are a customer ... if you don't like the deal don't buy it.

No one told you when you booked your first cruise here are all these benefits and they are yours as of right for now and for ever.

Why shame on them? They are a business, and if they can still attract passengers and "give away" less in perks why not?

You are a customer ... if you don't like the deal don't buy it.

No one told you when you booked your first cruise here are all these benefits and they are yours as of right for now and for ever.

Right you are, but they never told you they would not be there. Never a limited time offer. Sounds a lot like bait and switch to me. Get the customer in the door and then change the terms. A lousy thing to do. :(:(:(

I have never seen any mention of needing a certain number of days for the free cruise

AFAIK it is based on the number of cruises you take

Are you sure?

My info says "club members qualify for Oceania Club Level status based on the number of CRUISE CREDITS earned." Then they list:

Cruises up to 24 days = 1 credit; 25-34 days = 2 credits; 35-44 days = 3 credits; 45-54 days = 4 credits; 55-64 days = 5 credits; 65-99 days = 7 credits; 100-179 days = 10 credits; 180 + days = 15 credits.

So, if someone takes a world cruise (15 credits) and a 55 day cruise (5 credits), then they can get a free cruise after just 2 previous cruises.....but it would equal 235 days. Right?

Are you sure?

My info says "club members qualify for Oceania Club Level status based on the number of CRUISE CREDITS earned." Then they list:

Cruises up to 24 days = 1 credit; 25-34 days = 2 credits; 35-44 days = 3 credits; 45-54 days = 4 credits; 55-64 days = 5 credits; 65-99 days = 7 credits; 100-179 days = 10 credits; 180 + days = 15 credits.

So, if someone takes a world cruise (15 credits) and a 55 day cruise (5 credits), then they can get a free cruise after just 2 previous cruises.....but it would equal 235 days. Right?

or they could take a world cruise for 15 credits & a 45 day cruise for 4 credits (225 days) then the next cruise of up to 14 days would be their free cruise

they could also take 19 seven day cruises (133 days ) & still get a free cruise

Any number of possible combinations of cruise lengths

it is based on cruise credits (19 credits) not cruise days like some other lines

There are 20 seven day cruises offered for this year alone if someone was of the mind to get their 19 cruises credits this year & a free cruise

just saying

Edited by LHT28