Specialty Restaurant Reservations

Jeffp66

Tomorrow is the 60 day mark for our Iconic Western Mediterranean Cruise. Any tips on getting a reservation for Manfredi's for 4 people in 2 separate cabins would be appreciated I am prepared to be up at 3am central time if need be. Thanks!!!!

Tomorrow is the 60 day mark for our Iconic Western Mediterranean Cruise. Any tips on getting a reservation for Manfredi's for 4 people in 2 separate cabins would be appreciated I am prepared to be up at 3am central time if need be. Thanks!!!!

Each make your own reservations and then when you get on board have them combined as a table for 4. It is a short cruise which means that there are fewer time slots available for advanced reservations, with everyone who has been permitted to book ahead of you getting 2 or 3 advanced reservations for the cruise but only 7 nights to choose from. (one day maybe Viking will wise up and change this for the one-week cruises).

Definitely be at your computer and logged in by 3 am. Get whatever you can and then make adjustments when you board. If all else fails and even it isn't the most preferred time slot, grab it; something is better than nothing.

Yes, I am painting a pessimistic picture of the whole situation but at least you will be prepared for the worst.

I do believe that if you are on central time, you will have to get up at 2 to book. We are one time zone over, in mountain time, and I book at 1. Anyway, maybe check, you don’t want to lose out by an hour.

We loved the speciality restaurants. We loved the Restaurant. We Loved the Buffet. Hmm, Buffet you say. Ah, Yes we did. Never ever had a dinner on any cruise before this at the buffet. I must say Viking dose it wow. So, you have choices. Enjoy your friends,, your blessed. Don't forget Success Cake!

Each make your own reservations and then when you get on board have them combined as a table for 4. It is a short cruise which means that there are fewer time slots available for advanced reservations, with everyone who has been permitted to book ahead of you getting 2 or 3 advanced reservations for the cruise but only 7 nights to choose from. (one day maybe Viking will wise up and change this for the one-week cruises).

Definitely be at your computer and logged in by 3 am. Get whatever you can and then make adjustments when you board. If all else fails and even it isn't the most preferred time slot, grab it; something is better than nothing.

Yes, I am painting a pessimistic picture of the whole situation but at least you will be prepared for the worst.

Once you get reservations online, call Viking. I was able to change ours. I didn’t specifically call for that, but it was a “while I have you on the phone...” I said we would be willing to share a table - something you can’t do online and it opened up possibilities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was way easier than expected!!!!! I was able to book a table for 4. I had the option to invite guests, and since I had the booking number and last name for my sister and BIL, Done deal!!!! Now if I can go back to sleep!

That was way easier than expected!!!!! I was able to book a table for 4. I had the option to invite guests, and since I had the booking number and last name for my sister and BIL, Done deal!!!! Now if I can go back to sleep!

Did you do this online? If so, Viking must be listening!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Midnight Pacific time

Thank you. How many tiers of guests are there? I understand that some are able to reserve earlier than others. Not sure what category we are in. We are in a DV-2 cabin.

Thank you. How many tiers of guests are there? I understand that some are able to reserve earlier than others. Not sure what category we are in. We are in a DV-2 cabin.

DVs, at 60 days out, are the last to be able to book dinner reservations and may book just one advanced reservation in each restaurant. You may book more reservations on board. Other categories may make 2 or 3 reservations per restaurant.

For more information about who gets to book when, on the VO website under SHIPS, choose any of the ships and then scroll down the page until you see the section that describes the various cabins.

When on board, do you have to wait until all the V1 and V2 cabins have made there bookings before the DV cabins can make extra bookings. Would these have to be made on the first day so as to get an extra booking at Manfredis. Probably easier on a longer cruise than on a shorter cruise. Just about to book a 17 day cruise, so hopefully I can get an extra reservation or 2.

When on board, do you have to wait until all the V1 and V2 cabins have made there bookings before the DV cabins can make extra bookings. Would these have to be made on the first day so as to get an extra booking at Manfredis. Probably easier on a longer cruise than on a shorter cruise. Just about to book a 17 day cruise, so hopefully I can get an extra reservation or 2.

No,you don’t need to. You can book directly with restaurant, call them, use your TV, etc. We were surprised how easy it was once onboard