OCEANIA SIRENA: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom worth the price premium?

arktisliebhaberin

I am thinking to go on a 12-day cruisewith MS Sirena and struggle regarding the stateroom choice: Is the pricepremium for the concierge level veranda stateroom in comparison to a regularveranda stateroom worth the price premium? Any suggestions or experiences?

Is there a concierge lounge available on MS Sirena?

How is the Spa Terrace? Is there a pool available? Is the Spa Terrace a calm place were I could find some relaxation?

Thanks for your help!

No concierge lounge on any of the "R" ships, of which Sirena is one. If you do a search here you will find many threads on the subject of "is concierge worth it". For many it is, for others it isn't. The room is the same.

I haven't used the Spa Terrace so someone else will need to comment!

Mura

It is a personal choice

the spa terrace is a small area at the front of the ship ..it can be a quiet place to relax & read or use the whirlpool/T-pool (not sure what it is on Sirena

In concierge you get 4 free pressings

a welcome bottle of Champagne

3 free bags of laundry (20 items per bag)

get to make specialty dinner res at 60 days

get to board earlier than the lower cabins

hot breakfast from room service

get to order off the GDR menu for lunch & dinner to your cabin

if these matter to you then it may be worth the added expense

The A cabins are the same size as the B & C

Concierge value is only determined by you. Figure the value of the benefits that you will use. Do they equal or surpass the difference in cost of cabins? The laundry is nice. The spa terrace on the R ships is often too windy. I don't use the lounge. I ordered room service once. Since it never came, I will not use it again. I don't mind walking some to get food. The ability to reserve specialty restaurants earlier is nice. However, I have never had a problem getting decent times. For me, concierge class isn't worth much. Penthouse may be worth booking if you value space. On R ships, penthouse is definitely better. I hate the tiny showers in veranda cabins. On M ships, bathrooms in all classes are excellent. On M , I book regular veranda. On R ships, penthouse is my choice.

Concierge value is only determined by you. Figure the value of the benefits that you will use. Do they equal or surpass the difference in cost of cabins? The laundry is nice. The spa terrace on the R ships is often too windy. I don't use the lounge. I ordered room service once. Since it never came, I will not use it again. I don't mind walking some to get food. The ability to reserve specialty restaurants earlier is nice. However, I have never had a problem getting decent times. For me, concierge class isn't worth much. Penthouse may be worth booking if you value space. On R ships, penthouse is definitely better. I hate the tiny showers in veranda cabins. On M ships, bathrooms in all classes are excellent. On M , I book regular veranda. On R ships, penthouse is my choice.

That would be O class, Celebrity has the M Class.

We are currently in an A1 concierge cabin on the Insignia, upgraded from B3 veranda. We did get to add 2 more specialty restaurant reservations, but found that once onboard, we were able to add more reservations by going up to the podium in the front of the Terrace any morning we wanted to eat in the specialties. The cabin is located on the 7th floor instead of 6. There is no concierge lounge. We get a blue Oceania tote bag and the use of 2 pashmina shawls if we get cold. Laundry is press and fold, maximum of 20 per bag, so we still use the laundry room for socks and delicates. If we had to pay for it, I would not think it was worth an extra $1000 or more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums