Viking Booking gifts

Elizabetho55

The gift is for returning guests, so, after your first cruise--and until they terminate the program-- you will be receiving the e-mail prior to each cruise we have booked. Moreover, the gift is per passenger and not per cabin.

The inventory does change over time. I'm a fan of the set of 3 mesh bags because they help me keep the smaller stuff organized without adding much weight--and are nicer looking than ziplock bags.

We are going on our second cruise in May, with another booked for January. We got our travel documents with two more red luggage tags, which we don’t really need. Do we get the gift on top of the tags? When do they send you the email. I’d like some packing cubes!

We are going on our second cruise in May, with another booked for January. We got our travel documents with two more red luggage tags, which we don’t really need. Do we get the gift on top of the tags? When do they send you the email. I’d like some packing cubes!

The tags aren’t a gift as Viking wants you to use them every time. Therefore, they send you a new set with each booking. The gifts are nice. They have packing cubes, a blanket, an electrical converter for plugs and some other things I can’t remember. We are a couple months away from our next trip and haven’t received the email yet. Hopefully, they haven’t discontinued it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Send them an email. I did and they sent me a gift list. I chose the packing cubes and got them two weeks later.

Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them, and within 24 hours they sent the online catalogue and I ordered our things!

I wrote to Tellus@vikingcruises and they responded within 24 hours. At the 60 day mark we will receive and email with gift selections.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for checking and reporting back. We are also just a little over 60 days out, so I'll be watching for that email! :)

Happy to report that I heard back from Viking and we will now be receiving the free gifts. Now, just hoping they get here before we go on the cruise!! I don't think we would have heard from them at all if I hadn't emailed them! Thanks to all for sharing this info! (and does anyone choose the Viking seal coins????)

Happy to report that I heard back from Viking and we will now be receiving the free gifts. Now, just hoping they get here before we go on the cruise!! I don't think we would have heard from them at all if I hadn't emailed them! Thanks to all for sharing this info! (and does anyone choose the Viking seal coins????)

I go for the practical stuff. If I can't use it to organize the suitcase and if it isn't light-weight enough, I'm not interested. So, no coins (which will never have any collectible value), no shot glasses, no cookbooks (and no to a few more things I can't remember).

You bring up a good point. To increase your chances of getting your gift email promptly, go into your account on My Viking Journey, well ahead of the 60-day mark, and verify that your email and contact information is correct. You don't want to miss out because you changed your email recently.

Sent from my XT1096 using Forums mobile app

I go for the practical stuff. If I can't use it to organize the suitcase and if it isn't light-weight enough, I'm not interested. So, no coins (which will never have any collectible value), no shot glasses, no cookbooks (and no to a few more things I can't remember).

Me too, Peregrina. We ordered the packing cube (although it looks very small) and the 3 mesh travel bags.

Hello all,

Your inquiries regarding the returning guest gift program have not gone unnoticed, and we would like to take a moment to provide some clarity below.

It’s worth noting, as some of you have mentioned, that the gifts associated with our gift program are separate from the luggage tags and other items provided in our standard documents kit. The gifts referenced here, such as the packing cubes, are extended as a benefit to honor the members of our loyalty program. Here’s how the benefit works:

After you complete your first cruise with us, river or ocean, you are automatically enrolled in the loyalty program. As some have stated, approximately 60 days prior to your next cruise’s embarkation, an email prompting a gift selection is delivered to each guest to which you will have 21 days to respond. We encourage you to check your spam/junk folders around this time to ensure receipt. After choosing your gift and placing your order, you will get a confirmation email; if no confirmation notification is received, your order has not gone through and we advise making your selection once more. Once you’ve received your confirmation email, you may expect your gift to arrive within three to four weeks.

This program is relatively new, so gifts have only been offered to guests who’ve joined us again since November 2015.

If you believe you qualify for a free gift, but haven’t received the referenced email message, you are welcome to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can review your case and generate your email prompt, as needed.

We appreciate the opportunity to offer an explanation and hope we’ve been successful in clearing up any misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Hello all,

Your inquiries regarding the returning guest gift program have not gone unnoticed, and we would like to take a moment to provide some clarity below.

It’s worth noting, as some of you have mentioned, that the gifts associated with our gift program are separate from the luggage tags and other items provided in our standard documents kit. The gifts referenced here, such as the packing cubes, are extended as a benefit to honor the members of our loyalty program. Here’s how the benefit works:

After you complete your first cruise with us, river or ocean, you are automatically enrolled in the loyalty program. As some have stated, approximately 60 days prior to your next cruise’s embarkation, an email prompting a gift selection is delivered to each guest to which you will have 21 days to respond. We encourage you to check your spam/junk folders around this time to ensure receipt. After choosing your gift and placing your order, you will get a confirmation email; if no confirmation notification is received, your order has not gone through and we advise making your selection once more. Once you’ve received your confirmation email, you may expect your gift to arrive within three to four weeks.

This program is relatively new, so gifts have only been offered to guests who’ve joined us again since November 2015.

If you believe you qualify for a free gift, but haven’t received the referenced email message, you are welcome to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can review your case and generate your email prompt, as needed.

We appreciate the opportunity to offer an explanation and hope we’ve been successful in clearing up any misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

(y)

Thank you ... most appreciated(y)

Edited by Little Monty
duplicate

Hello all,

...snip....

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

One more question about the loyalty program. Is it available in all markets or only the US?