Ventura - Promenade length

HikingPete

I'm sure this used to be published on the Pando website but I can't find it. How long is the promenade on Ventura? Whilst I'm away I need to keep on top of my training for a run the weekend I come back (Howgills Half). I'll probably be spending some time in the gym, but it would be nice to run for a bit outside as well.

The prom deck runs contiuously round the ship, but goes up then down steps at the front. I run too, but do it in the gym. I don't think its fair or safe to strollers, sun bathers and people just sitting and relaxing to have runners pounding past.That isn't what that deck is intended for.

From memory, it's 3 rounds of the ship for 1 mile. It's 6 on Oriana. don't quote me. Only problem is, on Ventura, the Prom deck doesn't go all the way round.

Not quite true it goes all the way round but it changes deck at the bow. On Oriana the deck is under 4 times found for a mile.

However on either ship running and jogging is discouraged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everybody is right about the steps up and down at the bow. Lots of people run on it so take no notice of the stuffy P&O diehards who tell you that you are not allowed to run, that's nonsense. Personally I have always found that if you go out early in the morning hardly anybody else is out there and so they wont be getting in your way. I don't run but I do speed walk and find that early is the best time. Best of luck.

Peter

Peter

Thanks - I was basing my plans on this webpage - and was only going to jog at the times it was allowed. If the rules have changed and its not allowed at all, I'll stick to the gym.

Not that I have looked but I can’t remember seeing anything about jogging times.

Everybody is right about the steps up and down at the bow. Lots of people run on it so take no notice of the stuffy P&O diehards who tell you that you are not allowed to run, that's nonsense. Personally I have always found that if you go out early in the morning hardly anybody else is out there and so they wont be getting in your way. I don't run but I do speed walk and find that early is the best time. Best of luck.

Peter

This is, on the whole, a friendly board so I was disappointed to read your comment. Just because the majority of people on this board (and on the ship) follow the rules doesn't make them "stuffy P&O diehards." It makes them courteous and respectful of other cruisers. This is an extract from the P&O website about running on Ventura.

"On Ventura you can run or jog on "The Promenade" deck 7.

All of the above locations are available for running or walking between set times for consideration of other passengers. Further details will be published on board."

I seem to now be a stuffy P&O diehard! I'm sure that the people in the single cabins on deck F will appreciate someone running on their ceilings early in the mornings.

They ask you not to run or jog before 8am because there are people in cabins on the deck below. I often go for an early walk which you ARE allowed to do, and there are always people who ignore the time and go running. It would help if the gym opened earlier.

Thanks - I was basing my plans on this webpage - and was only going to jog at the times it was allowed. If the rules have changed and its not allowed at all, I'll stick to the gym.

Dependant on where you are docking Pete have you thought about having an early morning run

over there if possible ?

On our recent cruise whilst having a early morning cuppa on our balcony docked in Madeira we saw a guy get off and go running .

The next time we saw him was at Lanzarote which had a massive almost empty car park between our berth and a marina .

He used it as a running track for about 30 minutes.

Later that afternoon running became popular with a good 3 or 4 groups of latecomers .

Ships passengers cheering them back on board but from what I could see the early morning runner did not take part in this event .:rolleyes:;p

Dependant on where you are docking Pete have you thought about having an early morning run

over there if possible ?

On our recent cruise whilst having a early morning cuppa on our balcony docked in Madeira we saw a guy get off and go running .

The next time we saw him was at Lanzarote which had a massive almost empty car park between our berth and a marina .

He used it as a running track for about 30 minutes.

Later that afternoon running became popular with a good 3 or 4 groups of latecomers .

Ships passengers cheering them back on board but from what I could see the early morning runner did not take part in this event .:rolleyes:;p

Kalos beat me to it! On our Ventura cruise last November I did exactly what Kalos suggests. I ran in Alicante, Cadiz and Gibraltar and it was fab. I wish I'd thought of it earlier as we had already visited Lisbon and Valencia.

We're sailing to the Baltic in May and I'm intending to run in all the ports as soon as the ship docks.......then come back and eat my body weight in croissants!!! [emoji23]🤣