Is Their Just One Cruise Line That You'll Never Sail Again?

I used to say Norwegian. We took our first cruise on the Seaward in 1989 and had a good time, but when we moved over to Royal Caribbean, we saw how much better it could have been. But now that Norwegian has changed things up, I'd consider another NCL cruise if the price and itinerary were right.

Won't sail Regent or Seawind again, they are out of business.

Similar to geoherb, we vowed not to sail Norwegian after our 1997 cruise. Don't remember what we did not like about Norwegian and I know they have made tremendous changes, but still won't consider Norwegian. A promise is a promise.

We did a very low cost week on Carnival, asking "How bad can it be?" We found out. I don't have the desire to go on Carnival again but sometimes their newer ships look tempting.

We mostly are on Cunard but I didn't have any issues with HAL or Princess.

I don't have a "never sail again" as I have been on both Carnival and Celebrity. Each has it's own atmosphere, advantages, and disadvantages.

There are two cruise lines that are extremely low on my consideration list. One is NCL due to some questionable actions (Really? Out-and-out construction on the Norwegian Sun? How about that Breakaway New Years Cruise?) , and the only reason they are even on the radar is that they offer solo traveler cabins. I would only consider Disney Cruise Lines only if the Mouse gives me a free cabin and free round trip airline tickets. (Not my cup of tea).

Only did 1 Carnival and it is on the never again list - ship decor, food quality and not impressed overall with experience. I might consider one of their new ships though. We now bounce between Disney, NCL and Princess.

How long ago did you go on Carnival?

I have not sailed on them but I would never sail on Disney. The main reason is that I hate everything to do w Disney. Been to Disney World once and DisneyLand once because of my kids. Hated both visits. Can't stand any of the movies that they put out. I see no reason to ever sail on Disney.

You asked. Just my opinion.

DON

We sailed with 8 lines

Princess 6

Celebrity 5

Royal 10

Norwegian 7

Holland 2

MSC 2

Cunard 1

Carnival 3

We aren’t planning to sail with Carnival again. Actually even last cruise in 2013 on Glory happened only because our son came home for vacation and we wanted short cruise from Boston, and there was no other choices.

I am sure many people like this line, but it’s just not atmosphere we enjoy, and not because of stereotypical drunks or party crowd, there was none of that. Let’s just say this was the least elegant experience.

Service was good, as well as cabin. Food was nothing to write home about, but as much as we love good food, this wouldn’t have stopped us. (MSc also has pretty weak food, but we would choose them again.) Crowds, many people who “just happy to be there”

Just completely not our ambiance. Because of this my husband doesn’t want to try Costa too.

Also we won’t sail MSc in Europe, especially in Mediterranean . “Kids sail free” and Italy don’t bode well.

Edited by Tatka

I won’t sail Premier a/k/a Big Red Boat again. Why? Because they are out of business. I probably won’t cruise Disney again because it’s too expensive. Every cruise I have taken on any line has been awesome. So I don’t see the point of paying 2-3 times the cash when the posh details don’t matter to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll not be back to Costa, not because of the Concordia, but because all the many announcements in five languages drove me nuts.
I take it as an opportunity to learn some new words in foreign languages.

"Never" is a very long time. I keep telling myself after each NCL experience that I never want to try them again.

Unfortunately, they have close to a lock on the New York market, and I have a weakness for wanting easy escapes from New England winters -- so I tell myself that "maybe this time they'll be better".

They never are.

Despite lengthening years, my memory survives; so now I do believe my latest "never" really does mean "never" .

Much as I dislike flying, that (and the additional cost) is preferable to continuing the disappointments.

I won't say never, but I was not pleased with my Carnival cruise. I may try them again though for a longer cruise and see if there is a difference in atmosphere/service.

The one that I will never sail again, is Crown Cruise Line. Yep, they went out of business shortly after I sailed with them. Never have I been on a ship that didn't have food service somewhere on board 24 hours a day (or close to). Never been on a ship either that actually ran out of food on a sandwich only buffet. My cabin steward never came by to get his tip on tip night either. Just left it in the cabin before I disembarked and prayed he got it. Cabin service was only once a day rather than the twice that I was used to. All around not a great cruise line and not surprised they went out of business.

NCL did more than a dozen cruises that I loved in 80's and 90's but they went downhill, Carnival most likely will not sail but have not sailed them in decades

We sail and like most other lines RCCL, Celebrity, Costa , HAL, Princess MSC

Disney. We did just one cruise on Disney, and we won't be going back. Great ship and great cruise. We knew going into it that there would be lots (and lots and lots) of little kids. We don't mind lots of little kids, but my poor DH caught a bad cold that week and he rightly or wrongly blames all those little kids. He spent one entire day in bed, and he never wants to do another Disney cruise. Before everybody points it out, I'm fully aware that he might not even have caught the cold on the ship. He knows that too, but he doesn't want to do another Disney cruise ever.

We stepped away from NCL a few years ago due to a steep decline in main dining room food quality (specialty dining was still quite good) and a couple of just very blah cruises. Nothing went horribly wrong, we just did not feel very wowed in terms of quality and service. Under the right circumstances (dream itinerary and they are the only option) we may consider them again.

For me, NCL would be the one I probably wouldn't sail again without a compelling reason. That reason could be a great itinerary I couldn't replicate elsewhere, or a fabulous price, or both even.

Carnival, a line I'd literally wrinkled my nose over for years, was much, much better than I thought it would be.

"Never" is a very long time. I keep telling myself after each NCL experience that I never want to try them again.

Unfortunately, they have close to a lock on the New York market, and I have a weakness for wanting easy escapes from New England winters -- so I tell myself that "maybe this time they'll be better".

They never are.

Despite lengthening years, my memory survives; so now I do believe my latest "never" really does mean "never" .

Much as I dislike flying, that (and the additional cost) is preferable to continuing the disappointments.

Well, we are in the same "boat", my husband hates flying, so we might get 1 run down to Florida a year. The rest 3-4 are out of NY, NJ, Baltimore or Boston.

Once we decided that Carnival is not for us at all, how convenient their itins looked, we did not budge. So we choose between NCL, Royal, Cunard, Holland or occasional Princess or Cunard. Both are rare guests. But not Carnival

We stepped away from NCL a few years ago due to a steep decline in main dining room food quality (specialty dining was still quite good) and a couple of just very blah cruises. Nothing went horribly wrong, we just did not feel very wowed in terms of quality and service. Under the right circumstances (dream itinerary and they are the only option) we may consider them again.
Interesting... our first cruises with NCL featured much weaker food. I think they improved since then. Well, it is still not at par with Celebrity or Princess, but better than from 2006 till 2012.