2 Star to 3 Star - Anyone Know?

Guest debbiejohncruise

Guest debbiejohncruise

We are going on the Canada/New England cruise in May (b2B) and will attain 3 star status while on the ship. Do they make us wait till our next trip for our benefits or will they honour them on this cruise? Thanks so much.

We are going on the Canada/New England cruise in May (b2B) and will attain 3 star status while on the ship. Do they make us wait till our next trip for our benefits or will they honour them on this cruise? Thanks so much.

Unfortunately you’ll need to wait until your next cruise to reap the rewards. So book your next cruise while onboard [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have to wait til the next cruise. You will most likely get your 3 star pins on this cruise, but all the benefits on the next one.

I just reread your post and saw its a B2B. Do you achieve your 3 star status on the first leg or on the second? If it's on the first leg I would think you would be able to use the 3 star benefits on the second leg.

Guest debbiejohncruise
You will have to wait til the next cruise. You will most likely get your 3 star pins on this cruise, but all the benefits on the next one.

I just reread your post and saw its a B2B. Do you achieve your 3 star status on the first leg or on the second? If it's on the first leg I would think you would be able to use the 3 star benefits on the second leg.

We are 8 cruise day credits away so one day into the 2nd half of our cruise. It's a 14 day B2B.

We are 8 cruise day credits away so one day into the 2nd half of our cruise. It's a 14 day B2B.

Depends, if it’s one booking number you may have to wait for your next cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it is a B2B, you will get 7 days on the first leg and spend some money that will get you some "spend" days, so you will most likely achieve the 75 days needed for 3 star. I would suggest that you email the Mariner Society and see if they could arrange for you to get your 3 start benefits for the second leg. Can't hurt to ask. I'm not sure, but I don't think this will not work if it is a "collector", meaning one booking number for the entire 14 days. Again, check with the Mariner Society, preferably by email so you have the reply documented. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Here's the way it has worked for our roll call members in the past.

IF you only need sea days on the first segment and clear it with Mariners society they were successful in getting their status changed.

The ship has no way of knowing what you have spent so unless it is pure sea days, my understanding is it can't be done.

So, if all you need is 7 sea days on a 7 day sailing you have a chance it you need 8, I don't know if it can happen.

Why not just call Mariner Society and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
Because they will just give a stock answer, which isn't always true:

We turned 3* one day into a 14 day cruise and they were more than happy to issue us a new ship card and "turn on" the perks.

Why not just call Mariner Society and get it straight from the horse's mouth?

You mean those horses who have been trying for over a month to get our Mariner Credits straight on their section of the website??? :rolleyes:

You mean those horses who have been trying for over a month to get our Mariner Credits straight on their section of the website??? :rolleyes:

... perhaps the problem is not that HAL Mariner Society cannot get your Mariner credits straight but, rather, that HAL is intentionally jerking you around ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

... perhaps the problem is not that HAL Mariner Society cannot get your Mariner credits straight but, rather, that HAL is intentionally jerking you around ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HAL correctly awarded us every credit due less than 4 days after our last cruise in March and correctly updated our Mariner status to what it should be. It is the Mariner portion of their site that is totally screwed up now. We have the correct status (5-Star) but nothing adds up anymore. The Mariner Society even sent me a printout of their records which are accurate but not what they display on the site ???

Edited by taxmantoo