Island tour

abby04276

That's a good deal. Are you doing it? What is the mode of transportation and how do you get confirmation.

$350 vs $250??

Plus gratuity.

Unless I have mis-understood, Blue Flag is per auto/per hour and not per person, correct?

bon voyage

$350 vs $250??

Plus gratuity.

Unless I have mis-understood, Blue Flag is per auto/per hour and not per person, correct?

bon voyage

Taxi tours are $50/hr for up to 4 paxs, $70 for 5 to 7 paxs, minimum of 3 hours. What does it cost from TA?

SBtS

You are correct. The taxi tour is per taxi, not per person.

SBtS

It would just be 2 of us so a taxi tour would be more expensive

You should make sure there isn’t a passenger minimum- wouldn’t surprise me if they required 4 passengers at that rate.

Major advantage with blue flag is that you can pick and choose your driver as some are better than others. I’m not going to mention names and who’s worth hiring here because it’s not the point of this thread but you can find them on others.

You should make sure there isn’t a passenger minimum- wouldn’t surprise me if they required 4 passengers at that rate.

Or since the reference is to a tour found on TripAdvisor perhaps the tour isn't a private tour at all, but rather one you share with others as passengers on a mini bus.

Or since the reference is to a tour found on TripAdvisor perhaps the tour isn't a private tour at all, but rather one you share with others as passengers on a mini bus.

From the overview of the tour: Take in the key landmarks of Bermuda on a 5-hour circle-island sightseeing tour by coach. Starting from King's Wharf, visit the Royal Naval Dockyard......

You and your new friends will have a good time. From a review: Guide was waiting at the dock holding a Viator sign....

SBtS

From the overview of the tour: Take in the key landmarks of Bermuda on a 5-hour circle-island sightseeing tour by coach. Starting from King's Wharf, visit the Royal Naval Dockyard......

You and your new friends will have a good time. From a review: Guide was waiting at the dock holding a Viator sign....

SBtS

Exactly...so comparing the price for this tour to the price of a private Blue Flag taxi tour is comparing apples to oranges...not to mention the fact that on a Blue Flag taxi tour you have control over the itinerary. On this tour you have to follow their planned itinerary. I'm not suggesting it's a bad tour...it may be a very nice tour, but it's not the same type of tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Major advantage with blue flag is that you can pick and choose your driver as some are better than others. I’m not going to mention names and who’s worth hiring here because it’s not the point of this thread but you can find them on others.

How would I do this? Where do I get to pick who I use?

How would I do this? Where do I get to pick who I use?

You could fine names and contact info on tour guides in this thread titled Bermuda private guide. If you can't make contact with any, wait until your cruise is in Bermuda and check the taxis waiting for passengers. You'll find taxis for island tours in Zone 3 of the Transportation Zone. You will pass through the TZ after leaving the cruise ship but before reaching land.

You can identify a blue flag tour guide because there will be either a blue flag flying from the hood of the taxi or the driver will have a blue badge which identifies him as a blue flag driver/guide. See picture of the badge below:

enhance

originally posted by member grandmaR

SBtS

SBtS

This is Bermuda Island Tours. It’s almost a 6 hour tour with an hour stop in St. George, about 45 minutes in Hamilton, and 20 minutes or so at Gibbs Lighthouse. It’s about $69/pp. It’s a super informative tour. Company is owned by Juanita Jones a retired police officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is Bermuda Island Tours. It’s almost a 6 hour tour with an hour stop in St. George, about 45 minutes in Hamilton, and 20 minutes or so at Gibbs Lighthouse. It’s about $69/pp. It’s a super informative tour. Company is owned by Juanita Jones a retired police officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ahh but very different beasts from what we’ve been talking about. The Blue Flag taxis give you a lot more ability to customize your sightseeing and you’re not stuck on a coach bus with a bunch of strangers.

Ahh but very different beasts from what we’ve been talking about. The Blue Flag taxis give you a lot more ability to customize your sightseeing and you’re not stuck on a coach bus with a bunch of strangers.

That is true......but the cost of a taxi tour might bust the budget of couples or solo travelers. They may want to share with strangers to mitigate the cost.

Ok, I'm leaning more and more towards the Blue Flag taxi. My only hold back is I want to make sure I get someone who knows their stuff and don't take us to the places they have deals with as has happened to us before at other ports. BUT, I also do not want to be stuck on a big bus with only those with window seats getting good views. And 6 hours leaves little to no time to anything else. So I'm thinking 3-4 hours and I'm done riding around. If we do a shorter tour then would it be feasible to take the ferry over to Hamilton and back for some shopping? Would it be worth it? We are in Bermuda 8:00am to 4:00pm and want to cram as much as possible into that time. Thanks for everyone's help!

EDIT-One other idea/question. Could we take a Blue Flag taxi tour and just have it end in Hamilton then take the ferry back. Then we could just see points of interest along the way. How long would something like that take in the taxi?

Edited by sailor05

Ok, I'm leaning more and more towards the Blue Flag taxi. My only hold back is I want to make sure I get someone who knows their stuff and don't take us to the places they have deals with as has happened to us before at other ports. BUT, I also do not want to be stuck on a big bus with only those with window seats getting good views. And 6 hours leaves little to no time to anything else. So I'm thinking 3-4 hours and I'm done riding around. If we do a shorter tour then would it be feasible to take the ferry over to Hamilton and back for some shopping? Would it be worth it? We are in Bermuda 8:00am to 4:00pm and want to cram as much as possible into that time. Thanks for everyone's help!

A Blue Flag taxi driver is a government certified tour guide for Bermuda. They know their stuff and you can customize the tour to go where it interests you. What is most likely, is that what you want to see/visit is on his normal tour.

I would check the summer ferry schedule because there has been a reduction to the number of Hamilton<>Dockyard trips from prior years. The last ferry that departs Hamilton that would get you back to the Dockyard before your cruise ship departs Hamilton at 3PM. So, I would say to see Hamilton you would have to end the tour in Hamilton. Make sure your watch is set to Bermuda time.

SBtS

Has anyone ever used a blue star taxi tour just for Horseshoe Beach using 3 hr min which would gave you time to swim/hang out at beach. There are two of us. Cruiseline shore excursion transfer is sold out for dates. Did not want to take a chance of a metered cab or mini bus with long lines waiting or regular bus and that hill.

We used Dennis Hollins a number of years ago for an island tour but this time just the beach. wander if he is still around.

Has anyone ever used a blue star taxi tour just for Horseshoe Beach using 3 hr min which would gave you time to swim/hang out at beach. There are two of us. Cruiseline shore excursion transfer is sold out for dates. Did not want to take a chance of a metered cab or mini bus with long lines waiting or regular bus and that hill.

We used Dennis Hollins a number of years ago for an island tour but this time just the beach. wander if he is still around.

Would be a waste of money- just download the Hitch app and you’ll be able to call a car anytime you want to come back without having to worry about availability or paying wait time for a car to sit there.

Would be a waste of money- just download the Hitch app and you’ll be able to call a car anytime you want to come back without having to worry about availability or paying wait time for a car to sit there.

Please explain...Hitch app????..call a "car"?????(you mean metered taxi?)

There is no need to do that. The minibuses shuttle back and forth, I have taken them six times and was on my way in five minutes when I was ready to leave. There is also plenty of taxi availability at Horseshoe. You can have a taxi tour driver wait for three hours while you are at the beach if that is what you want. It is your money.

If you mean Dennis Hollis, he is still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

There is no need to do that. The minibuses shuttle back and forth, I have taken them six times and was on my way in five minutes when I was ready to leave. There is also plenty of taxi availability at Horseshoe. You can have a taxi tour driver wait for three hours while you are at the beach if that is what you want. It is your money.

If you mean Dennis Hollis, he is still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did you wait at the pier going to Horseshoe before you were on your way? I guess I just need some reassurance. Worst case I can walk to Snorkle Park.

How long did you wait at the pier going to Horseshoe before you were on your way? I guess I just need some reassurance. Worst case I can walk to Snorkle Park.

I waited a few minutes. You asked the same questions a couple of months and they were answered. You are turning something very easy into something complicated. With your frame of mind I suggest you walk to the Snorkel Park.