Signature Beverage Package

gwilli

Which wines and drinks are included in the Signature Beverage Package? We are thinking of bumping up to the better package. A drink menu would be helpful. (If it makes a difference, we'll be on the Zuiderdam) Thanks!

Which wines and drinks are included in the Signature Beverage Package? We are thinking of bumping up to the better package. A drink menu would be helpful. (If it makes a difference, we'll be on the Zuiderdam) Thanks!

Any drink that is $9 and under is included. That takes in most hard liquor, mixed drinks, cocktails and the cheaper 'house wine'.

Notwithstanding KK's comment above, here are relatively recent beverage prices.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus/

As previously mentioned, anything that is $9 or below is included in the SBP (currently). Hopefully, if drink prices have in fact gone up, the $9 threshold will also be adjusted accordingly.

Back in 2015, the max drink price with the SBP was $8. Average drink prices were $6.95. They raised the average drink price in 2016 to $7.50 - $7.95. HAL also raised the SBP limit to $9 at the same time. Because both prices and limits were raised simultaneously, it had no impact. The cost of the SBP has been $44.95 per day (plus 15% SC) for many years, provided you purchase ahead of the cruise, online or with Ship's Services. They added a $5 per day penalty for purchasing onboard in 2017. They don't want you to use your HAL provided OBC to buy the package.

We just returned from NA trip had SBP for Chardonnay - Penfolds $9 it was fine. Red - McPherson Shiraz $9 - fine as well - this red had some nice legs :D

We just returned from NA trip had SBP for Chardonnay - Penfolds $9 it was fine. Red - McPherson Shiraz $9 - fine as well - this red had some nice legs :D

Did you notice whether, in general, drink prices have increased since your last sailing, as has been reported?

I am booked on the Eurodam in Nov. 18. On my cruise there is a choice of a 10 Day Signature Beverage Package @ $516.90 good for any beverage up to $9.00 or a 10 Day Elite Signature Beverage Package @ $631.90 good for any beverage up to $15.00 per day.

On my Feb. cruise to Hawaii I noticed an increase in drink prices. The only specific I can give you is the price of a large hot cocoa with 2 shots of Baileys was 15.00. I don't remember the previous price but that is way more than I had ever paid before. This was only available in the Crow's Nest.

Did you notice whether, in general, drink prices have increased since your last sailing, as has been reported?

For example - I ordered Grey Goose Martinis - General (I guess non-specified) Martini pricing is $8.50 - the receipt showed a "$1.00 upgrade" but I was not charged the extra $1.00....Grey Goose shot reflects $8.50. There are many options at the 8.50 and 9.00 level for the Signature Beverage Package....If you like Tequila - Jose Cuervo 1800 is $8.50 - Captain Morgan Spiced Rum $8.50 - Courvoisier VSOP - $8.50 just a few but hope that helps....plus all those fruity specialty drinks are covered - there were other wines priced fewer than $9 but I preferred the two listed previously....no Champagne though...

I am booked on the Eurodam in Nov. 18. On my cruise there is a choice of a 10 Day Signature Beverage Package @ $516.90 good for any beverage up to $9.00 or a 10 Day Elite Signature Beverage Package @ $631.90 good for any beverage up to $15.00 per day.

On my Feb. cruise to Hawaii I noticed an increase in drink prices. The only specific I can give you is the price of a large hot cocoa with 2 shots of Baileys was 15.00. I don't remember the previous price but that is way more than I had ever paid before. This was only available in the Crow's Nest.

They charged you for a double and that wouldn't be covered under the SBP - if you just ordered the coffee with one shot - that would have been covered under the SBP. Unsure about the Elite....

They charged you for a double and that wouldn't be covered under the SBP - if you just ordered the coffee with one shot - that would have been covered under the SBP. Unsure about the Elite....

I thought I read somewhere on one of the CC posts that with the SBP pkg you could order doubles but it would count as two drinks. Can someone clarify this point for me? Thx

For example - I ordered Grey Goose Martinis - General (I guess non-specified) Martini pricing is $8.50 - the receipt showed a "$1.00 upgrade" but I was not charged the extra $1.00....Grey Goose shot reflects $8.50. There are many options at the 8.50 and 9.00 level for the Signature Beverage Package....If you like Tequila - Jose Cuervo 1800 is $8.50 - Captain Morgan Spiced Rum $8.50 - Courvoisier VSOP - $8.50 just a few but hope that helps....plus all those fruity specialty drinks are covered - there were other wines priced fewer than $9 but I preferred the two listed previously....no Champagne though...

I don't know about glasses of just champagne, but I know champagne mixed drinks were covered under our SBP cards. My younger brother ordered mimosas for breakfast/brunch and then Kir Royales at cocktail time before dinner.

I know my Campari & Sodas were covered, but none of the bartenders made them exactly the same way. Some garnished with a lemon, some with an orange, some with a cherry, and some not at all. It was fun to see how each would come to me.

I thought I read somewhere on one of the CC posts that with the SBP pkg you could order doubles but it would count as two drinks. Can someone clarify this point for me? Thx

I was told different by bar staff. For example - was told could only order one drink at a time - double counts as 2....sodas/water ok but not alcoholic...Perhaps different on other ships?

I don't know about glasses of just champagne, but I know champagne mixed drinks were covered under our SBP cards. My younger brother ordered mimosas for breakfast/brunch and then Kir Royales at cocktail time before dinner.

I know my Campari & Sodas were covered, but none of the bartenders made them exactly the same way. Some garnished with a lemon, some with an orange, some with a cherry, and some not at all. It was fun to see how each would come to me.

Yes agree - by the way - the orange juice was awful...hence mimosa was awful...:(

This was for the purpose of showing price increase only. I ordered a double and was charged for a double. I did not have any beverage card on that cruise.

The rules posted for the ESBT are the same as rules posted for the SBP. Enforcement of those rules seems to be on a ship by ship basis

Here are the links to the new Beverage Packages and Ocean Bar Menu for HAL as of 4/12/18 that show what drinks are included:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Ocean-Bar.pdf

A Pool Bar Menu will be available as soon as I can convert the photographs.

Edited by Crew News

Well, we were recently on the Eurodam for a seven day Caribbean and for non upgrade, I.e., regular, SBP we paid $402 per person. We had expected to pay $356 and my TA said same price whether we purchased in advance or on ship. She suggested on ship cause the bartender gets credit for the sale, so that’s what we did.

Happy 145th birthday Holland America!!!

Thank you for posting the most recent beverage package list and pricing. That is both helpful and kind. I am sure many others appreciate it too!

I am sailing on May 1, and this will be my 4th HAL trip, but its been a while so I am a little rusty on the HAL systems. I am contemplating purchasing the beverage package prior to embarkation to take advantage of the better pricing. I am only being offered the Signature package and not the Elite package. Should I purchase the SBP now and then upgrade on board - and more importantly, can I upgrade the package to Elite onboard. I would do so in order to drink Nicholas Feuillatte champagne and a couple of the scotches. Please advise how best to go about this. Many thanks.

Ashley

Thankyou for this information, really useful.

I think the signature package with drinks unto $9 will meet our needs, it seems to cover most options, but would anyone know if you ordered a drink above $9 do you just get charged the difference or is it not included at all?

Thankyou

Thankyou for this information, really useful.

I think the signature package with drinks unto $9 will meet our needs, it seems to cover most options, but would anyone know if you ordered a drink above $9 do you just get charged the difference or is it not included at all?

Thankyou

If you order a drink above the $9 limit, they will charge you the full price of the drink, not the difference.

I have been ordering doubles of mixed drinks using the SBP for years on multiple HAL ships. Never a problem, they just hit you for 2 of your daily 15 drink limit. We have also purchased 4 bottles of water (1 liter) to take back to our cabin, 2 bottles for each of us, and no problems. Drinks with multiple types of alcohol are also counted as one drink. You can actually a Wang Wang, (weng weng) which has vodka, tequila, scotch, brandy, rum & bourbon, plus pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine and it will count as only one drink with the SBP. As of Jan 2017, if you wait to purchase your SBP onboard, you pay $5 per day more, $44.95 vs. $49.95, both plus 15% service charge. Strange... they don't impose this penalty for the Elite package, it's the same price, online or onboard. Many CC members have posted comments that they were successful in upgrading a SBP to the Elite package by visiting different bars until they hit a bartender who wanted to help them and knew how to do it.