Port Imperial Parking

mbrown572097

Looking to park at Port Imperial and ferry across to NYC for our cruise. Will be parked for 16 days. Does anyone have any experience with parking in that garage? Is this a safe location to leave a vehicle?

There have not been any complaints about Port Imperial parking safety. Overnight parking is now $20/day. You may want to contact them to see if you can get a less expensive monthly rate.

• 2 weeks later...

The Port Imperial Ferry goes into 39th and 12th. The Cruiseport entrances are 9-11 blocks north on 12th Ave. That's a cheap cab ride in Manhattan. The ferry also offers free bus service that will get you up to 49th or 50th & 12th Ave, but it has an off peak schedule on weekends.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2397386

Many folks have reported walking to the port from that area of the city.

keep in mind that the port imperial ferry terminal in Manhattan is around 34th street and the cruise terminal is up around 56th street......long walk with luggage or an expensive cab ride....

No one who walks from the ferry terminal at 39th St. to the cruise terminal walks to 55th St., which is the motor vehicle entrance, not a pedestrian entrance. The pedestrian entrance for Pier 88 is at 48th St., for Pier 50 at 50th St. It's about a half mile, and for people with rolling luggage an easy walk for anyone without physical limitations.

We’ve done it a few times but that was awhile ago. We did both walking and taking a cab. The walk is not bad with rolling luggage if you pack light and are at least somewhat fit. I wouldn’t want to do it in the rain [emoji16]

I thought the cab ride was reasonable - I forget what it was. Under $20 with tip IIRC.

The NY Waterways ferry buses are not easy with luggage unless you are talking about 1 small roller bag.

Again it’s been quite awhile since we’ve done it. We’re older now. We arrange for a car service from our home. It’s not cheap, but cheaper than parking at the Cruise Terminal [emoji12] and a lovely stress free way to start a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums