Budget for drinks

Ifyoubuildit

i have cruised previously with a drinks package. I know that ‘it’s as long as a piece of string’ question, but how much should I budget for drinks on a 15 night cruise around the Caribbean on Azura? On holiday I like to indulge a bit so couple of beers at lunchtime, cocktail, couple of glasses of wine and a night cap per day. What’s the feeling on how much to budget for?

i have cruised previously with a drinks package. I know that ‘it’s as long as a piece of string’ question, but how much should I budget for drinks on a 15 night cruise around the Caribbean on Azura? On holiday I like to indulge a bit so couple of beers at lunchtime, cocktail, couple of glasses of wine and a night cap per day. What’s the feeling on how much to budget for?
As a very rough rule of thumb, allow £5 per drink and you can work out the total yourself. Cocktails will be slightly more, beer slightly less, but at least you will get some idea of the likely cost.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the suggestion. Is a wine drinks package worth it?
In my opinion, no. The package only gives a small discount on the more expensive wines. I found the lower priced wines perfectly acceptable, but I am not a connoisseur.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is a wine drinks package worth it?

It is cheaper to buy wine by the bottle at meals instead of by the glass. Any unconsumed wine in your bottle will follow you around the MDR's even on Freedom.

Regards John

Never had to worry about an unfinished bottle !

Yes, I was going to ask for an explainantion of that concept ;)

But now to answer the OPs question sensibly, you will probably find that you spend less on P&O than you did on a drinks package on most other lines because it is a 15 night cruise.

Firstly the prices are fairly reasonable on P&O and the pricing given by others on this thread sound about right.

Secondly if you are anything like the average cruiser by about day 4 or 5 you will start to slow down. Those selling drinks packages are aware that people hit the bars more heavily over this period and thats why some won’t sell all inclusive packages on cruises under 3 or 4 days or they double the price for shorter cruises.

Also look out for special offers on which can be excellent value. In December P&O had Christmas specials, one of which was Landon Champagne for just £25 a bottle.

Yes prices on board are very reasonable,my Wife was drinking Stella which was £4.50 a pint,I was really surprised that the alcohol free beer only worked out @ £5.50 per round when I expected to get fleeced like some places,spirits delivered to your cabin by room service are also generally cheap,wine not so unfortunately.

Of course whether or not these prices are cheap or not depends on what you are used to paying!