Pacific NW Ports w/18 month old (Seattle, San Fran, Astoria, Victoria)

Tennant

We are looking for any tips on things to do with young kids on an upcoming pacific NW cruise, Seattle to Vancouver with 2 days before in Seattle and 2 days in San Francisco during the cruise. I know these are big cities with lots to do with kids but more looking from a walking or easy transportation perspective. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downtown Seattle is pretty walkable and there is a bus system that services the area pretty well. The Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Aquarium, Sculpture Park and Music Experience are all cool places to explore and pretty close to each other.

San Francisco, presuming you'll dock in the Embarcadero area, there is a trolley that goes up and down the piers, from the Ferry building down to Fisherman's Wharf. Get the Uber app and you may also be able to get a ride with Uber Family, which offers carseats. There are also ferries leaving from Pier 1 out to Sausalito and other areas in the Bay.

I haven't been to the exploratorium in awhile, but I remember there being a lot of great lights, and exhibits that make sounds, or moving objects. It would be better for a slightly older toddler, but I still think that the 18 month old would still have fun.

I see you're going to Astoria, OR too. I highly recommend the Columbia Bar Pilot Museum there. And while you're in the area get fish and chips at the Bowpicker for lunch. They sell fresh caught fresh fried fish out of an old boat and they're only open until the fish from the day is gone. It's my husband's all time favorite meal.