Need help! Looking to book NCL Escape from Manhattan

WeBeCruisinMon

I’m looking to book the NCL Escape to Bermuda leaving Manhattan 5/6/18. I have a couple of questions. If you have any comments on this ship, Bermuda or leaving from Manhattan, those are also welcomeclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Anyone cruise to Bermuda in early May before? Any idea what the weather will be like on the sea days in between Manhattan and Bermuda?

What airport is the easiest to get to and from the cruise port?

Biggest question: we plan to walk off with our luggage. We are looking to book a flight home that leaves around 11:30am. This would be on Sunday 5/13/18. Is this flight late enough?

Below are our options:

Leaves at 11:30am from LGA

Leaves at 11:38am from JFK

Leaves at 11:30am from EWR

We have TSA precheck but just want to make sure we will have enough time to get off the ship and make it to the airport in enough time to catch our flight.

Opinions on taking an Uber or taxi to airport?

Lastly, I’ve read a bit on colored luggage tags for those who walk off. Can someone explain this a bit more? We always walk off but haven’t used colored tags for walk off.

I’m not familiar with the NY airports or cruise terminal and am intimidated by what traffic might be.

Thanks so much in advance! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

On May 6th there is a 5 Boro bike tour involving thousands of cyclists. Perhaps better to try to avoid it and plan on leaving from EWR.

We will be flying into NY on May 6th and unfortunately EWR isn’t an option. Would flying into LGA or JFK be better to land around 10:45am and taxi from airport to cruise port?

We will get off the ship on Sunday May 13th and will need to book it to the airport to catch an 11:30am flight

On May 6th there is a 5 Boro bike tour involving thousands of cyclists. Perhaps better to try to avoid it and plan on leaving from EWR.

OMG! The route takes over the Harlem River Drive, the upper East River Drive and the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. The first wave starts at 7:30 am. I'd say definitely fly into Newark and avoid LGA at all costs.

OP - keep posting. You need lots of advice from the New Yorkers.

OMG! The route takes over the Harlem River Drive, the upper East River Drive and the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. The first wave starts at 7:30 am. I'd say definitely fly into Newark and avoid LGA at all costs.

OP - keep posting. You need lots of advice from the New Yorkers.

I understand there will be street closures and it will take more time than normal to get from LGA or JFK to the cruise terminal, but can you tell me about how much time you’re thinking? Newark flights really do not work so I’m hoping we can figure out a way to make LGA or JFK work. We would land and have our luggage by 11:30am on sunday at the latest. Every time I check how long it takes, the amount changes! :(

We will be flying into NY on May 6th and unfortunately EWR isn’t an option. Would flying into LGA or JFK be better to land around 10:45am and taxi from airport to cruise port?

We will get off the ship on Sunday May 13th and will need to book it to the airport to catch an 11:30am flight

What time does the ship dock? That doesn't mean the time you can 'walk' off. But it gives a better idea of your ability to make your flight.