Cabin selection

welove2cruise2014

So we are considering a cruise in a suite later this year but it is so costly. Our LO will be just about 2.

What about booking two CONNECTING cabins... with the intent of leaving the door between them open, so we essentially have a 2 room "suite"? (Understanding of course that it's just for more room and we wouldn't have ANY of the suite perks). Ideally a balcony cabin connected to an inside.

Anyone ever think about doing this? Or have done it? Or is it just a ridiculous idea???

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We booked connecting for our family of four and loved having the second room, especially the second bathroom. We were definitely able to do this for cheaper than a suite, even with connecting balcony rooms. I agree that you probably will not be able to get an interior connected to balcony. Interior will be on the opposite side of the hall. Our 3 year old was not able to open the balcony door and we were always with him anyway. There were no rails for him to step up to on the balcony. So, we had no safety concerns. On our ship, Freedom of the Seas, you could close the door between the rooms, but could not lock it. So, that wasn't a concern either.

I booked my cruise to Norway late last year, and all the balconies that could sleep 4 were sold out. We had 2 interior rooms next to each other. Our rooms didn’t actually connect, but my husband and I had keys to the other room so it was all pretty easy going back and forth. It was nice to have some extra space over one balcony cabin. I’d price to both the connecting rooms, and a suite and go for the connecting rooms if you don’t need suite perks and it’s a lot cheaper.