Boarding the sun..

busydad12

I guess NCL hasn't learned their lesson.. We are waiting to board the Sun after the dry dock.. Got here about noon. Got checked in fast.. Whoo Hoo, but wait got to the number lady and she was out of numbers already.. We walked into the room at 12:15 and they were just boarding the first three numbers.. The boarding process has been a mess. No one to tell people where to go except one guy calling out numbers then getting mad because the line is backed up with people without numbers.. All they need is one or two people when you enter the room to tell you to sit if you don't have a number.. It's almost 2 and still haven't boarded.. Been out of Seattle 3 times before this and never had a problem like this.. Oh well not going to let it ruin my cruise.. Hope it gets better though, a lot of upset people is not a good way to start a cruise

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I guess NCL hasn't learned their lesson.. We are waiting to board the Sun after the dry dock.. Got here about noon. Got checked in fast.. Whoo Hoo, but wait got to the number lady and she was out of numbers already.. We walked into the room at 12:15 and they were just boarding the first three numbers.. The boarding process has been a mess. No one to tell people where to go except one guy calling out numbers then getting mad because the line is backed up with people without numbers.. All they need is one or two people when you enter the room to tell you to sit if you don't have a number.. It's almost 2 and still haven't boarded.. Been out of Seattle 3 times before this and never had a problem like this.. Oh well not going to let it ruin my cruise.. Hope it gets better though, a lot of upset people is not a good way to start a

This is not NCL's problem, the fault is the Port of Seattle. The Sun is the FIRST cruise ship of the season to dock in Seattle.

Learned their lesson?

This has nothing to do with construction, it seems like there is delayed boarding for some reason which is handled Seattle not NCL.

Had the same thing happen after a drydock (another line), the dock was used year round and when the ship came into port (late) it seemed like everyone just lost their minds. You would have thought they had never been thru the boarding process, I can give a bit of responsibility to the port but a lot had to do with the line and ship.

I guess NCL hasn't learned their lesson.. We are waiting to board the Sun after the dry dock.. Got here about noon. Got checked in fast.. Whoo Hoo, but wait got to the number lady and she was out of numbers already.. We walked into the room at 12:15 and they were just boarding the first three numbers.. The boarding process has been a mess. No one to tell people where to go except one guy calling out numbers then getting mad because the line is backed up with people without numbers.. All they need is one or two people when you enter the room to tell you to sit if you don't have a number.. It's almost 2 and still haven't boarded.. Been out of Seattle 3 times before this and never had a problem like this.. Oh well not going to let it ruin my cruise.. Hope it gets better though, a lot of upset people is not a good way to start a cruise

DO SHUT UP.

We all waited like you did and we’re all on the ship now enjoying everything new and shiny. What a horribly negative person you are. First cruise out of Seattle with all new temporary employees that need some practice and experience.

DO TRY to enjoy this cruise. I know I am.

If you continue with this attitude you can disembark in SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was 830 so about 2.5 hours out. But we were docked in Victoria by 0630.

It was a medical emergency in the MDR and the medical team was there quickly and got her out of there.

We were all very sorry to see it. She’d only been on the ship for a few hours and were still within sight of land. How disappointing for her and her family, but I hope she is stable and recovers.

Edited by ElaineKeagy

Nothing to really to complain about. Move along.

The terminal is controlled by the local port agent, not NCL. And a bit of disorganization happens on every cruise. Mostly because passengers don’t follow directions.

It was 830 so about 2.5 hours out. But we were docked in Victoria by 0630.

It was a medical emergency in the MDR and the medical team was there quickly and got her out of there.

We were all very sorry to see it. She’d only been on the ship for a few hours and were still within sight of land. How disappointing for her and her family, but I hope she is stable and recovers.

Thank you Been praying about it this morning.

DO SHUT UP.

We all waited like you did and we’re all on the ship now enjoying everything new and shiny. What a horribly negative person you are. First cruise out of Seattle with all new temporary employees that need some practice and experience.

DO TRY to enjoy this cruise. I know I am.

If you continue with this attitude you can disembark in SF.

I find your response totally uncalled for. Personally, I appreciate the OP's post detailing the problems and did not find it overly negative at all. If you don't agree, fine. But, to tell the OP to shut up and get off the ship is going way too far.

I find your response totally uncalled for. Personally, I appreciate the OP's post detailing the problems and did not find it overly negative at all. If you don't agree, fine. But, to tell the OP to shut up and get off the ship is going way too far.

The post was intended to invoke reaction. And it got exactly what the original it was intending to do.

Did you read the OP's first line?

A misplaced rant.

At least place some blame there?

Did you read the OP's first line?

A misplaced rant.

At least place some blame there?

I assumed the OP was referring to the previous problems with the Sun on the cruise before drydock and likely guessing that the delay was due in part to work still not being completed on time. I just don't see where the OP's comments justify the responses.

I disagree. NCL staff check people in and issue cabin cards.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

The Pier 66 Terminal is OWNED by the Port of Seattle and is staffed by Port employees. Norwegian has NO control of what happens inside the terminal in Seattle or any other Port.

That is false. NCL leases the new terminal and paid $15 million for improvements.

The partnership means during cruise season Norwegian will have priority rights to the berth and will manage cruise operations. In the off-season the Port will manage the facilities. The Port estimates this agreement will bring $2.3 billion in business revenue for the region and over $65 million in local and state taxes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

That is false. NCL leases the new terminal and paid $15 million for improvements.

The partnership means during cruise season Norwegian will have priority rights to the berth and will manage cruise operations. In the off-season the Port will manage the facilities. The Port estimates this agreement will bring $2.3 billion in business revenue for the region and over $65 million in local and state taxes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app[/quote

The Port of Seattle entered into joint venture with Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings and put in an additional $15 million dollars according to a press release from Norwegian's website (Media Center) dated 13 October 2016.

Sun is in Victoria so can't be too much behind schedule.

Have fun all.

The Sun is at sea today on her way to San Francisco-- docking tomorrow. Was in Victoria yesterday docked on time even with having to turn back because of a medical emergency.

The Sun is at sea today on her way to San Francisco-- docking tomorrow. Was in Victoria yesterday docked on time even with having to turn back because of a medical emergency.

Thanks. Webcam stuck then on Victoria, at least at KC site (at least it appears to be Victoria). Clicking on solo picture still shows drydock. Maybe NCL site is accurate.

Thanks. Webcam stuck then on Victoria, at least at KC site (at least it appears to be Victoria). Clicking on solo picture still shows drydock. Maybe NCL site is accurate.

Norwegian's website says Thursday afternoon.