New; to cruise critic

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if I am posting this message in the right forum or not, but, I'm new here and trying to navigate.

I'm a 55yo divorced female and I live in the Mid-Hudson Valley of Upstate NY. I work as an assistant account manager for a crisis intervention company, and I enjoy my work!! I have a lot of interests and friends, but, unfortunately, all my friends are married. I am hoping to meet new people, in my age group, and situation, that are interested in getting acquainted with each other and traveling together.

:)

This site was recommended to me by my travel agent sister!!

Regards All

Travelergirl762

If you are just looking for chats with people in your "situation", not sure that CC is the place. There is no general "chat" area, it is all cruise topics (some get sidetracked). Unless you book a cruise and join the "roll call" for that particular cruise, you really won't meet people here. If you are asking about finding cabin mates to share a cruise, that is not allowed by CC policy.

I agree with what chengkp75 said but will add that there may be others that you join in with on the Solo and Single cruisers boards at the links below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

But this is not a "Facebook" or social connections forum and it may not be the best source through which to meet people as you indicate.

... I am hoping to meet new people, in my age group, and situation, that are interested in getting acquainted with each other and traveling together.

:)...

Regards All

Travelergirl762

Chicken and egg problem - where does it all begin? As others have said, this may not be the best site for your purpose, but there are others in your situation who do hang out here. Read, listen, learn. Then go on a cruise! Meet like-minded people. Make plans. Repeat until you get it right. “Right” in the sense that you will discover what sort of vacations, cruises and otherwise, that you enjoy. In the sense that you may well find one or more travel buddies eager to share with you. In the sense that you become a part of this “community “ (which obviously extends far beyond Cruise Critic).

Stan

Scroll to the bottom of this page until you see where it says “Forum Jump.” Click on it. Scroll until you see “single cruisers.” Click on that and it will take you to an area where single cruisers post lots of questions and answers about cruising single. There will be info about meeting up with fellow single cruisers while on board, which cruise lines have the best prices and options for single cruisers, and lots of other helpful info. You are not alone in your situation but the best place to get advice about cruising as a single person would be there. If you’re just looking for some friends and to chat then I would suggest the float away lounge as others have mentioned. Good luck and welcome to cruise critic. :)

• 2 weeks later...