Flying Bangkok to Hong Kong

diane.in.ny

Don Muang is closer to the centre, but BKK is an absolutely amazing hub with tantelizing food, architecture and shopping. I personally love the place.

As for which airline, low cost, Cathay Dragon, Nokscoot

Full service: Cathay is a bit better than Thai, but both are vastly superiour than anything in the USA.

Don Muang is closer to the centre, but BKK is an absolutely amazing hub with tantelizing food, architecture and shopping. I personally love the place.

As for which airline, low cost, Cathay Dragon, Nokscoot

Full service: Cathay is a bit better than Thai, but both are vastly superiour than anything in the USA.

Thanks!

We flew Hong Kong air last March from BKK. It was a bit of a zoo. We were not able to pre print our boarding passes for some reason. We have flown in and out of both airports numerous times over the years. Lots of walking in both. We prefer DMK because it is smaller, less crowded, and easier to get around.

But in the end, the airline determines which airport we use.

We flew Hong Kong air last March from BKK. It was a bit of a zoo. We were not able to pre print our boarding passes for some reason. We have flown in and out of both airports numerous times over the years. Lots of walking in both. We prefer DMK because it is smaller, less crowded, and easier to get around.

But in the end, the airline determines which airport we use.

Any particular airlines you recommend?

Not really. We have had numerous AirAsia flights in Thailand/Malaysi/Cambodia and several Jetstar flights in Vietnam and Australia. All were fine. Also a few NOK flights. No issues. We are shopping for flights now and looking at a few Scoot routes.

Any particular airline you'd avoid with a passion?
Relevantly to those that fly between Bangkok and Hong Kong, I wouldn't choose any of the AirAsia airlines unless I really had to. And even then I'd think about walking instead.

From BKK you have a lot of quality to choose from.

At any rate, as there is so much choice on this route it would help to look at which airlines do actually fly between these cities, rather than trying to guess the names of some airlines that happen to fly within the general geographical region - many of whom wouldn't do proper connections anyway even if you had to change in order to get from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

I don't think Thai Smile flies BKK-HKG.

AFAIK, the complete list is Cathay Pacific, EgyptAir (from 18 September 2018), Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Royal Jordanian and Thai Airways.

Personally, from that list I would not fly EgyptAir and I would not willingly choose Hong Kong Airlines. Cathay Pacific is, of course the clear front runner.

From DMK, the only airline flying to HKG is Thai AirAsia. Enough said.

FWIW, the following airlines do not operate from either Bangkok airport to HKG either: Cathay Dragon, any of the Jetstar airlines, Nok Air, NokScoot or Scoot. If you were to choose any of them, you would have to change en route. It's possible that some of these airlines do not offer through tickets if you change, so that you would have to make one journey to the transfer point, and a completely separate journey from the transfer point on a separate ticket, with no baggage transfer or misconnection protection. (However, Cathay Dragon does not operate to Bangkok at all.)

I don't think Thai Smile flies BKK-HKG.

AFAIK, the complete list is Cathay Pacific, EgyptAir (from 18 September 2018), Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Royal Jordanian and Thai Airways.

Personally, from that list I would not fly EgyptAir and I would not willingly choose Hong Kong Airlines. Cathay Pacific is, of course the clear front runner.

From DMK, the only airline flying to HKG is Thai AirAsia. Enough said.

FWIW, the following airlines do not operate from either Bangkok airport to HKG either: Cathay Dragon, any of the Jetstar airlines, Nok Air, NokScoot or Scoot. If you were to choose any of them, you would have to change en route. It's possible that some of these airlines do not offer through tickets if you change, so that you would have to make one journey to the transfer point, and a completely separate journey from the transfer point on a separate ticket, with no baggage transfer or misconnection protection. (However, Cathay Dragon does not operate to Bangkok at all.)

Thank you very much. I am working off information I am getting on Kayak.com

Hong Kong Airlines was a zoo. We got switched from ANA/UA flight home from our winter stay last March because we decided to change of flight date. We are looking at a Delta routing this year through Korea to Phuket since it is closer to our southern destination.