EXPLORE 4 Live for Most Cruises from Holiday 2018 through Spring 2020! Book by Nov 19

boze9999

Holland America Line's popular Explore4 promotion is back, making now the ideal time to book a future dream cruise vacation. Explore4 features four enticing offers on more than 600 cruises and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys from holiday 2018 through spring 2020. Travelers looking to plan ahead for next year or beyond can take advantage of all the perks to sip, dine, sail and save. Offers include complimentary beverages and specialty dining, reduced deposits and free or reduced fares for third and fourth guests in a stateroom. Suite bookings also receive onboard spending money.

The Explore4 promotion for guests booking any category stateroom includes a Signature Beverage Package valued at $1,400 per stateroom (based on a 14-day cruise), dinner at the Pinnacle Grill for two, free or reduced cruise fares for third and fourth guests in the same stateroom, and 50 percent reduced deposits. Guests receive all benefits when bookings are made by Nov. 19, 2018.

Suite Travelers Receive Added Perk

Guests who book a cruise in a suite category stateroom will receive the four Explore4 offers plus an additional $200 onboard spending money per stateroom ($100 per person).

"Explore4 continues to be one of our most exciting annual promotions because it remains very popular among our guests, and the perks are so enticing they appeal to new Holland America Line cruisers as well," said Orlando Ashford, president of Holland America Line. "When planning a vacation such as a winter Caribbean getaway, our guests appreciate added values like an inclusive beverage package and specialty dining, as well as exceptional fares. Explore4 gives travelers the confidence to plan their future vacation with us knowing they're getting some excellent added incentives."

Beverage, Dining and Other Onboard Amenities Add to Cruise Value

Guests who book any category stateroom receive a Signature Beverage Package that includes wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, sodas and coffee. The beverage offer is only applicable on the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys.

Explore4 offers also include a complimentary dinner at the award-winning Pinnacle Grill, a specialty restaurant on board known for serving delectable Pacific Northwest favorites with the freshest, richest flavors. Featuring a tantalizing menu highlighting steak and seafood dishes like filet mignon and broiled Alaska king salmon, Pinnacle Grill also includes favorites like roasted pumpkin risotto and double-cut Kurobata pork chops.

With reduced cruise fares on select sailings for friends and kids sharing a stateroom with two other guests, a group of four can take an affordable vacation to the Caribbean or a longer journey to an exotic destination. For example, in the Caribbean, fares for seven-day cruises start from US$949 per person, double occupancy in an interior stateroom, and free or reduced fares apply for the third and fourth guests. A seven-day European cruise starts at US$1,199 per person, double occupancy for an interior stateroom, with free or reduced fares for third and fourth guests. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional.

By taking advantage of the 50 percent reduced deposit offer, guests will have more flexibility and time before paying the final deposit on their cruise.

Global Itineraries Available with Explore4

Guests looking to take advantage of the Explore4 program can choose select itineraries to nearly all of Holland America Line's global destinations, including Alaska and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys (Explore4 applies to cruise portion only), Asia, Australia/New Zealand, the Baltic, Bermuda, Canada and New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Holiday, the Mediterranean, Mexico, the Panama Canal and South America. Grand Voyages and Grand Voyage segments are excluded.

The Explore 4 fare is almost double what I paid during the Ready Set Sail sale. I could never drink enough to justify paying so much.

I have never been able to understand this "bargain".....all the cabins have increased in price far more than the perks............??????

While our price has increased with Explore4, in all fairness, it is not as much as if you were to purchase the package.

I am rethiking ours since my price increase is in Canadian dollars and pricing on board USD.

While our price has increased with Explore4, in all fairness, it is not as much as if you were to purchase the package.

I am rethiking ours since my price increase is in Canadian dollars and pricing on board USD.

Good point. Everybody should do the math and see if it makes sense to change.

I have never been able to understand this "bargain".....all the cabins have increased in price far more than the perks............??????

Not true. I had been tracking prices on a NE/Canada cruise in 2019 for several weeks. The cost of the cabins I was considering did rise about $400, but--assuming you were likely to purchase the drink package and a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill without the promotion--the savings for me is more than $400 if I purchased those items without the promotion. The savings jumps to over $600 if I decide to bring my kid along given the reduced price for 3rd/4th passengers. I'm using a future cruise deposit, but the reduced deposit seems like a handy benefit for some folks as well.

A lot depends on whether you were seriously considering the purchase of the drink package regardless of the promotion.

Here's my take on Explore 4, the shorter cruises it doesn't seem to make sense to purchase, not enough days to offset the increase in fare. After doing some math and talking to HAL F&B folks I've decided to go with Explore 4. Our 21 day cruise even with having to pay gratuities now and the increase in fare, we downgraded cabin category since we don't spend much time in the cabin, the result of buying the SBP would be having to spend appox. $103/day on drinks vs $84/day with Explore 4. I got the info from F&B regarding beer, wine and cocktail prices and between myself and wife we can cover the $84/day no problem. Cost for SPB for 21 days alone would be $2170.98 vs Explore 4 cost of $1767 (Fare increase+ Gratuities) and we get a dinner at Pinnacle Grill on the house.

My first thought was that it was not worth it but I have changed my mind. Canadians might benefit more than Americans on this deal. The difference on my 14 day Asia cruise is $583CAD pp but I booked a signature suite so I get $100 pp OBC which effectively means I am paying $483 CAD for the 14 day package

If I got on the ship or ordered the Signature Beverage package online, the cost would be $796.95 USD pp and no extra OBC or the Pinnacle dinner which is a minor bonus.

My first thought was that it was not worth it but I have changed my mind. Canadians might benefit more than Americans on this deal. The difference on my 14 day Asia cruise is $583CAD pp but I booked a signature suite so I get $100 pp OBC which effectively means I am paying $483 CAD for the 14 day package

If I got on the ship or ordered the Signature Beverage package online, the cost would be $796.95 USD pp and no extra OBC or the Pinnacle dinner which is a minor bonus.

I came to the same conclusion Catherine. ;)

I would never order the package - wouldn't get my money's worth - but the cost for our 24 day and 31 day are making sense in Cdn $ versus USD for us ;)

We evaluate each future cruise we have booked. We've had some where the price stayed the same and the E4 is a freebie - others not so. Since booking deadlines and prices change (sometimes daily), we continue to evaluate it up until the November 19 deadline! What may not be a bargain today may change down the road!! We do this with hotel rooms and car rentals also - we have saved a lot of money on travel by continuing to check various travel fares!

I enquired about a Caribbean cruise in February yesterday with a couple of travel agents. Explore 4 was around £450 extra.

Hardly a perk is it? Its just pre paying for drinks and paying up front for a different dinner one night.

We evaluate each future cruise we have booked. We've had some where the price stayed the same and the E4 is a freebie - others not so. Since booking deadlines and prices change (sometimes daily), we continue to evaluate it up until the November 19 deadline! What may not be a bargain today may change down the road!! We do this with hotel rooms and car rentals also - we have saved a lot of money on travel by continuing to check various travel fares!

We do the same - keep rechecking cruise fares, hotels and car rentals (even airlines if it is SW). Saved alot of money this way.

I wonder if when people report that Explore4 was added for nothing (or next to nothing), if what happened is that the fare had already dropped before Explore4 came out and they did not notice it. Thus, the new "deal" worked out great for them, since they were looking at the higher price they had paid and not the current fare.

I wonder if when people report that Explore4 was added for nothing (or next to nothing), if what happened is that the fare had already dropped before Explore4 came out and they did not notice it. Thus, the new "deal" worked out great for them, since they were looking at the higher price they had paid and not the current fare.

I noticed some very low pricing on Neptune suites for seven day Caribbean cruises last week.

That's a good tip for finding low fares. Look the week before $xplore4 is announced.

We do the same - keep rechecking cruise fares, hotels and car rentals (even airlines if it is SW). Saved alot of money this way.

We booked a Christmas holiday cruise onboard in February and the price came way down last month. I figured it was in preparation for Explore4. BUT that cruise is not included in the promo. I think I'm going to call our TA and see what the price would be and find out if maybe it's just not showing up properly. We changed our booking to the week before the holiday, as we were able to snag the PS for almost what we were paying for a NS. I'll let you all know what I find out.

This time has been the only time I have seen dual pricing on the HAL site. Previously, I had to go to the travel site with the gnome mascot which allowed me to see the pricing with various promotions.

As I said, we truly did luck out in the past. Our fare didn't change when adding the promo. (The fare did not drop either.) Our luck ran out for our upcoming cruise. The E4 is more expensive, but it's less than unrestricted fare + SBP, Pinnacle Grill Dinner and OBC. (FWIW, we did account for our 4* PG discount. It's about $90/pp better.)

The SBP is wasted on DFIL, so he'll go with regular pricing. As far as whether DW and I can cover our SBP outlay, the answer is, "Let me acquaint you with my scribblings...."

We're planning on upgrading to the EBP to open up our wine selections. We don't need EBP for liquor because our brands are covered. The lure of real Champagne (Nicholas Feuillatte Blue Label) and a full range of wine by the glass makes it a no-brainer for us.

I noticed some very low pricing on Neptune suites for seven day Caribbean cruises last week.

That's a good tip for finding low fares. Look the week before $xplore4 is announced.

That's what I booked earlier in the week. Almost shockingly low! Explore4 has added over $1,000 to the price, so it's a no-brainer to skip it.

And yes, the Explore4 Signature Beverage Package can be upgraded to Elite Beverage Package once onboard.

While I know it has been documented before, I wanted to confirm once again. I called Ships Services. They said yes indeed it can for simply the difference in price of the two packages and their only caveat is that for the sake of ship's accounts you do your upgrade PRIOR to buying a single drink onboard. So do it first thing and you are gold. (y)

And yes, the Explore4 Signature Beverage Package can be upgraded to Elite Beverage Package once onboard.

While I know it has been documented before, I wanted to confirm once again. I called Ships Services. They said yes indeed it can for simply the difference in price of the two packages and their only caveat is that for the sake of ship's accounts you do your upgrade PRIOR to buying a single drink onboard. So do it first thing and you are gold. (y)

That's a very good tip, thank you :).

Can you just upgrade with a wine steward, bar waiter, etc.? I can't remember the price difference but it seems to me it wasn't that much for some decent wine.

The HAL site and I are not getting along right now, so if anyone remembers and can remind me, that would be great.

That's a very good tip, thank you :).

Can you just upgrade with a wine steward, bar waiter, etc.? I can't remember the price difference but it seems to me it wasn't that much for some decent wine.

The HAL site and I are not getting along right now, so if anyone remembers and can remind me, that would be great.

I was given the impression that anyone who could sell you a beverage package could key in the upgrade. The difference would be $5.80 pp a day assuming prices stay the same.

I was given the impression that anyone who could sell you a beverage package could key in the upgrade. The difference would be $5.80 pp a day assuming prices stay the same.

Thanks kindly :). that's very worthwhile.

Much appreciated :D