Tampa, FL HAL sailings after Rotterdam's April 14th, 2019 last departure

jbecker6469

After the Rotterdam leaves Tampa in April 2019 for Rotterdam there are no HAL sailings shown on HAL's site or other online sites. Has anyone heard if HAL will assign a ship to Tampa to take over the itineraries that the Rotterdam has covered? The 14 day itinerary was one of our favorites, and would like to see it continued with a Vista class ship. We last sailed on the Oosterdam in November 2016 so know that a Vista class ship can "get under the bridge" out of Tampa.

Thanks.

Jim

With Prisendam no longer in the HAL fleet after next summer, it is difficult to state what ship (if any) will be in Tampa during the cooler months. A lot of head-scratching should be happening in Seattle.

Jim

This is not good. Only 35 minutes from Port and have sailed on HAL almost every year from Port of Tampa since 2002!

Just checked each HAL ship ports between Dec2019-Feb2020 and nothing is scheduled departing Tampa.

Maybe with the bigger ships coming out they are afraid they won't fill them out of Tampa

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Vista class ships have been going in and out of Tampa with no problem. HAL has been in Tampa for decades. I would be surprised if HAL pulled out now. Why would you think that Tampa couldn't fill them? Passengers come from around the country, and Tampa is a favorite port for many.

Vista class ships have been going in and out of Tampa with no problem. HAL has been in Tampa for decades. I would be surprised if HAL pulled out now. Why would you think that Tampa couldn't fill them? Passengers come from around the country, and Tampa is a favorite port for many.

HA used to sail regularly out of the port of Norfolk, VA too until one year when they didn't. And they have not returned, despite a lovely new terminal to welcome passengers. So, if there are no sailings scheduled from Tampa in the next couple years, it may be HA has pulled out of this market.

Like many, I can't imagine why they would leave Tampa, since we've sailed from that port 4-5 times, and each time the ship was filled to capacity, according to the Front Desk. Except for one of those cruises, we were sailing in what is generally termed "the off season." So if HA can fill a ship during less peak months, why would they leave that port?

My PCC, who has been with HAL for many years, told me last week that the Tampa itineraries will be released soon. HAL will continue to sail from Tampa. She said it was uncertain but most likely sailings will be on either Rotterdam or Oosterdam.

We like to drive to the port and Tampa is several hours shorter drive than FLL.

My PCC, who has been with HAL for many years, told me last week that the Tampa itineraries will be released soon. HAL will continue to sail from Tampa. She said it was uncertain but most likely sailings will be on either Rotterdam or Oosterdam.

We like to drive to the port and Tampa is several hours shorter drive than FLL.

I hope your PCC is correct but currently the Rotterdam & Oosterdam schedule is through Apr 2020 and Tampa is not on the schedule from Nov19 to Apr20

The Vista ships do. Carnival sails under the bridge with much larger ships. Someone posted, however, that Carnival has modified their superstructure to fit under the bridge.

Carnival cut off part of the smokestack to get under the bridge.

Unfortunately as HAL retires their older ships and build new ones, Tampa will be off limits

Loved using the Tampa port over Ft. Lauderdale. So much easier in and out.

We use the valet parking. Costs a bit more but it is so easy and convenient. Just pull up to the terminal curb, the valets unload your car, and it's just a few feet to the terminal. Walk outside on your return and give them the parking stub (or show a picture on your phone) and the car appears about two minutes later. The valets load the car and your off. Takes less than five minutes.

Tampa has been a Holland America home port since 1983, some 35 years.

When the Ryndam was sold out of the fleet, we got the Veendam back for one short season, and then were pleased to get the "big" Oosterdam for one season followed by the Rotterdam which returns next fall. It does look bad now for 2019/2020 as all the ships seem to be scheduled. Maybe the Veendam will be changed back to Tampa??? Or ???

Although Tampa is more convenient for me, I wish HAL would sail from Port Canaveral. It’s much more exciting to sail right out into the ocean than to move slowly through Tampa Bay, alongside industrial sites. That first hour makes Tampa embarkation anticlimactic, when normally it’s a high point of a cruise.

Although Tampa is more convenient for me, I wish HAL would sail from Port Canaveral. It’s much more exciting to sail right out into the ocean than to move slowly through Tampa Bay, alongside industrial sites. That first hour makes Tampa embarkation anticlimactic, when normally it’s a high point of a cruise.

I have not sailed from Tampa, but I have watched the web cam when the ships do. Having sailed from Port Canaveral, I support the suggestion that HAL return to Port Canaveral. From what I have observed from both web cams, I know that I would prefer Port Canaveral. Sailing from Tampa once, would be "interesting" because it would be different from what I have seen. But, I think, "that's it" as to a future departure port.

Our March 22,2020 Panama Canal from San Diego to FLL on Volendam has been changed to Rotterdam on March 11,2020!! We get off of her on the 27th and we have our fingers crossed she will be doing The TA to The Med! Our PCC said from what SHE HAS HEARD the likely of Rotterdam doing the Med is most likely on the 27th. She said also Oosterdam is the contender for Tampa! I look at Cruise Critic schedule and it shows Tampa in 2020, but our PCC said go by HAL because your booking shows actually what will be transpired with TA crossings next. Will see. Either we are on her for the TA or another HAL! So far Riviera Oceania leaves on the 27th to the Med. I want to do HAL but we might need to do Riviera.

From what Jacqui has said about Oceania (KAZU) she was not too pleased😞

Denise 😊

Our March 22,2020 Panama Canal from San Diego to FLL on Volendam has been changed to Rotterdam on March 11,2020!! We get off of her on the 27th and we have our fingers crossed she will be doing The TA to The Med! Our PCC said from what SHE HAS HEARD the likely of Rotterdam doing the Med is most likely on the 27th. She said also Oosterdam is the contender for Tampa! I look at Cruise Critic schedule and it shows Tampa in 2020, but our PCC said go by HAL because your booking shows actually what will be transpired with TA crossings next. Will see. Either we are on her for the TA or another HAL! So far Riviera Oceania leaves on the 27th to the Med. I want to do HAL but we might need to do Riviera.

From what Jacqui has said about Oceania (KAZU) she was not too pleased😞

Denise 😊

Thanks for sharing this. I hope we get Oosterdam back. Really liked the signature suite that we had on the 14 day cruise in Nov 2016.

The high point of the Tampa embarkation is going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge! It feels like you can reach up and touch it. It is a beautiful bridge.

We would love to sail in and out of Tampa, would allow us to drive to port, but didn't want to do the Rotterdam as they didn't have regular Verandah rooms, just Verandah "suites" that they charged more for. Would LOVE to see a nice 14 day itinerary out of Tampa on the Oosterdam dam, or any other HAL ship!!!

• 3 weeks later...