Don't miss menu items

suec12

Are the menus in the main dining room the same for all ships?

I've never been able to check on a day-to-day basis. But I find the menus in the Dining Room vary by itinerary. Dinners on a Canada/New England cruise are different than dinners on a Western Caribbean cruise, which are different from a Circle Hawaii cruise. The menus are not necessarily local to the area, but they are different.

Escargot..both in the MDR and Rudi's Sel de Mer

The Gnocchi in Caneletto

Cheese beer soup

Everything in the Tamarind

Crab eggs Benedict..I get a little extra hollandaise on the side too.:)

I've never been able to check on a day-to-day basis. But I find the menus in the Dining Room vary by itinerary. Dinners on a Canada/New England cruise are different than dinners on a Western Caribbean cruise, which are different from a Circle Hawaii cruise. The menus are not necessarily local to the area, but they are different.

Thanks. I was just wondering if I would see all the foods listed in this thread. We're doing the 14 day Alaska next year.

I love foie gras and was curious about the asterisk next to it on the menu in post 32. Does that mean no seconds?! Also how likely it is to be on the Eurodam in Mexico in November.

It usually isn't Foie Gras but is pate. Not very good at that either.

Anything in the Tamarind.

If HAL was listening to it's audience they would close the Canaletto since it is usually empty and put a Tamarind in there. It would be sold out each night in the smaller ships that don't have a permanent Tamarind location.

It usually isn't Foie Gras but is pate. Not very good at that either.

They actually now serve a small piece of fois gras, typically with a tiny tarte tatin - not the best combination to play off the flavors but it is not a paté, it is a piece.

Anything in the Tamarind.

If HAL was listening to it's audience they would close the Canaletto since it is usually empty and put a Tamarind in there. It would be sold out each night in the smaller ships that don't have a permanent Tamarind location.

I also enjoy Tamarind. But, the tinkering that HAL has been doing with Canaletto on my recent cruises is improving the dining and service experience. Does not make much sense, I know, but the steak I ordered on the Rotterdam in Canaletto was far better than any steak I have ordered in any of the PGs.

Are the menus in the main dining room the same for all ships?

As a HAL menu collector, I can report that with a few exception the menus are the same for all ships during the same season on the same regional itinerary (7-day, 10- day, 11-day, 14-day). Fourteen-day cruises use 7-day Series A and Series B menus with the Series B serving the same protein and pastas with some prepared differently. Typically, the 10-day menus are the same as the 11-day menu series with Day 9 removed.

Gala Night menus are color coded silver, blue, gold with the gold menu featuring surf & turf usually served on the last Gala Night.

I also enjoy Tamarind. But, the tinkering that HAL has been doing with Canaletto on my recent cruises is improving the dining and service experience. Does not make much sense, I know, but the steak I ordered on the Rotterdam in Canaletto was far better than any steak I have ordered in any of the PGs.

The worst steak we have ever had on board was from the PG.

As a HAL menu collector, I can report that with a few exception the menus are the same for all ships during the same season on the same regional itinerary (7-day, 10- day, 11-day, 14-day). Fourteen-day cruises use 7-day Series A and Series B menus with the Series B serving the same protein and pastas with some prepared differently. Typically, the 10-day menus are the same as the 11-day menu series with Day 9 removed.

Gala Night menus are color coded silver, blue, gold with the gold menu featuring surf & turf usually served on the last Gala Night.

Thank you!