Explore 4 package

Wineojim

Explore 4 package to drop on Wednesday officially. Booked March cruise today via Holland call in and received it

Just curious what they are offering in the Explore 4 package this time.....Thanks!

$xplore4 is actually showing up on a few cruises on the website. For example:

10-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer

Nov 2019.

Includes: Signature Beverage Package, Pinnacle Grill Dinner, 50% reduced deposit and Free or reduced fares for 3rd/4th guests. Bonus offer for suites: receive the above plus US$200 onboard spending money!

Don't forget you can ask for the fare with or without the promotion. It pays to compare to see if the promo is worth it. We usually find it isn't.

$xplore4 is actually showing up on a few cruises on the website. For example:

10-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer

Nov 2019.

Includes: Signature Beverage Package, Pinnacle Grill Dinner, 50% reduced deposit and Free or reduced fares for 3rd/4th guests. Bonus offer for suites: receive the above plus US$200 onboard spending money!

Don't forget you can ask for the fare with or without the promotion. It pays to compare to see if the promo is worth it. We usually find it isn't.

What! No free gratuities? :eek: We have a 40 day cruise booked in Oct 2019 and were hoping that was going to be one of the free perks. Oh well. I guess if the price doesn't go up, the signature beverage package and the $200 OBC will have to do until a better sale comes along.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

What! No free gratuities? :eek: We have a 40 day cruise booked in Oct 2019 and were hoping that was going to be one of the free perks. Oh well. I guess if the price doesn't go up, the signature beverage package and the $200 OBC will have to do until a better sale comes along.

HAL had been running their "Ready Set Sail" promo April-June that offered pre-paid grats. To my knowledge Explore4 has never offer pre-paid grats (someone correct me if I'm wrong) They are always in a separate promo.

HAL had been running their "Ready Set Sail" promo April-June that offered pre-paid grats. To my knowledge Explore4 has never offer pre-paid grats (someone correct me if I'm wrong) They are always in a separate promo.

No, you're right. We have X4 for our upcoming Eurodam sailing, and pre-paid grats are not included.

Unfortunately our Oct 2019 Australia circumnavigation cruise wasn't included in the Ready Set Sail promo as it just recently released. Guess we'll have to wait until it comes around next year.

Unfortunately our Oct 2019 Australia circumnavigation cruise wasn't included in the Ready Set Sail promo as it just recently released. Guess we'll have to wait until it comes around next year.

Cyber sale in November usually has prepaid grats. Usually the same week as Cyber Monday. It's done well by us twice now.

2016's Explore 4 promotion included (for suites anyway) the Beverage Pkg, PG dinner, gratuities, and internet credit but no OBC although we were able to add the Cruise Month OBC promo on top of it later. Made the 2017 and this year's Explore 4 not as exciting as 2016's .

Would suggest that anyone thinking of booking a cruise with the $xplore4 promo check today's pricing. The cost of the cruise will probably increase with the promo. That way you can evaluate whether the promo is worth it or not.

Remember, these promos aren't 'free'. They're 'included' which isn't quite the same thing as 'free'.

2016's Explore 4 promotion included (for suites anyway) the Beverage Pkg, PG dinner, gratuities, and internet credit but no OBC although we were able to add the Cruise Month OBC promo on top of it later. Made the 2017 and this year's Explore 4 not as exciting as 2016's .

I thought we had gotten PPGs in the past via the Explore 4 promotion as we always book a vista suite. So thanks for reaffirming what we had thought we had experienced in the past. But, of course, that was then and today is today.

Would suggest that anyone thinking of booking a cruise with the $xplore4 promo check today's pricing. The cost of the cruise will probably increase with the promo. That way you can evaluate whether the promo is worth it or not.

Remember, these promos aren't 'free'. They're 'included' which isn't quite the same thing as 'free'.

Of course no 'promos are free'. Nor are meals in the MDR as opposed to one of the specialty restaurants. MDR meals are not 'free', but simply included in the cruise fare you already paid.

X4 is 'worth it' to us, but agree with you that everyone has to do the math (so to speak), to determine whether it is indeed 'worth it' to them.

Of course no 'promos are free'. Nor are meals in the MDR as opposed to one of the specialty restaurants. MDR meals are not 'free', but simply included in the cruise fare you already paid.

If there are no "free promos", why do so many ask when the new promo with the 'free drinks' will be released?

Last year we were able to combine Ready Set Sail and Explore 4.

We have Ready Set Sale for our November cruise, and would love to add Explore4, without loosing RSS. But we are only at 1 Star status. I'll ask our TA if we can find out prior to the 18th, like today! :cool:;):confused:

Explore 4 package to drop on Wednesday officially. Booked March cruise today via Holland call in and received it

Just got off phone with my TA about this possibility. She called HAL - HAL says they see NOTHING about Explore4. How can that be?

Can I ask how you did that?

When we asked about this year we were told that sometimes the promos are combinable (as they were last year)- we'd need to wait until Explore 4 came out to see,

I'm guessing it depends on the fares and how high they are.