Hose vs NO-Hose

Just read on-line that Meghan Markle broke the (British) rule of going bare legged in public by not wearing panty hose..

It was said that this is now a rule in the U.S.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/meghan-markle-broke-this-royal-rule-at-her-engagement-announcement/ar-BBFYR7k?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I'm considered elderly (by my kids-not me) & have always been told by the kids that I should go bare-legged if I wear sandals.. Therefore, I've been trying to do that, but find it uncomfortable..:cool: When I wear closed shoes I always wear some type of panty hose or knee highs if in slacks or long dresses..

Would I now be in style if I wore hose with sandals, or should I continue to go bare legged with sandals?

BTW I always get Mani's & Pedi's with matching polish..

Just read on-line that Meghan Markle broke the (British) rule of going bare legged in public by not wearing panty hose..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/meghan-markle-broke-this-royal-rule-at-her-engagement-announcement/ar-BBFYR7k?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I'm considered elderly (by my kids-not me) & have always been told by the kids that I should go bare-legged if I wear sandals.. Therefore, I've been trying to do that, but find it uncomfortable..:cool: When I wear closed shoes I always wear some type of panty hose or knee highs if in slacks or long dresses..

Would I now be in style if I wore hose with sandals, or should I continue to go bare legged with sandals?

Only fashionable if you're over 70, live in Berkeley and don't shave your legs. [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't like the look if hose wirh sandals.

My legs aren't pretty, and my decision depends on how I look and the weather.

In the winter, I wear hose or tights because it's too cold not to here.

In weather that's warmer, but not warm enough for sandals, I may wear hose with a knee length dress to cover my ugly legs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

No hose with any type of open toe shoe--sandal, pump, peek-toe bootie.

Go with longer skirts or light weight pants if you are uncomfortable without hose.

I use a self-tanner or Sally Hansen AirBrush Legs. The Sally Hansen covers imperfections (sun damage, spider veins) fairly well.

Thanks for your comments..

Has anyone every tried the toeless hose?

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/hue-toeless-sheers-with-lace-panty?ID=2251649&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=MSN_Bing_Seasonal_PLA-_-All+Product+-+BS_All+Products-_-11617622401-_-pg105214_c_kclickid_7ade106a-8996-45ce-9ea8-da8d562f9530&trackingid=489x105214V

They might be something which would look good on legs which are not tanned..Years ago I had a pair but did not like the fit of them..They might be better now..:cool:

Now that you have an overwhelming response of "no hose with sandals", let me say I wear hose with some sandals. The nude-toed pantihose in the evening with dressy sandals with heels. I prefer how my legs look in hose, I prefer how the sandals feel on my feet, it is EVENING so the lights are dimmer, and seriously if someone can actually see that my pedicured toes are (slightly) obscured by my hose, they are FAR too close to my feet.

Casual sandals during the day? Bare feet.

Now that you have an overwhelming response of "no hose with sandals", let me say I wear hose with some sandals. The nude-toed pantihose in the evening with dressy sandals with heels. I prefer how my legs look in hose, I prefer how the sandals feel on my feet, it is EVENING so the lights are dimmer, and seriously if someone can actually see that my pedicured toes are (slightly) obscured by my hose, they are FAR too close to my feet.

Casual sandals during the day? Bare feet.

Love it! Thanks..I too think my legs look better in hose!:cool:

I'm also in the camp where we wear nude toe hose with our sandals. My legs aren't pretty, and I feel much more confident walking around wearing hose with an evening dress, than not. I have yet to have anyone come up to me and say "Seriously? You're wearing stockings with sandals?" If it's going to bother them that much, let it. As someone once said "what others think of me is none of my business."

Miss Markle has lovely young legs - let her do as she pleases.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

This can't be the only faux pas ... and objection to this girl. Really ... the brouhaha over Charles marrying Diana ... and now her son is marrying a briefcase opener from Deal or No Deal? OMG ...

Thanks everyone for your comments..I ordered a pair of toeless hose for my cruise..Of course my dressy dresses or palazzo pants are long, so no one will see my ugly legs..

Today they are very ugly as ran out to put our car in the garage at 10:30 last night in old sandals which had lost traction.. Slipped on some wet pavement, fell flat on my rump & scrapped some skin off my right ankle/foot..It's now bandaged but we leave on our cruise in less than three weeks.. So hose it will be & might need to spend a few nights like last night on a heating pad.. Now I really need to get a DR's note for my heating pad which comes with me on our cruise.. :eek:

My rump still hurts, & my cropped pants were full of mud, but I'm delighted that I did not break anything as had the right hip replaced a few years ago....Thank goodness no one was around to see me fall.. BTW I hadn't even had one drink..:loudcry:

I guess I am a little puzzled.

I completely understand wanting/needing to wear hose. I am 60 and fair skinned.

But what I don't understand is wearing sandals with hose. Why not wear a closed toe shoe?

Hose with open toe shoes seems sort of like wearing socks with flip flops. The whole point of open toe sandals is naked feet?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate the “.new rule” of no hose. If it’s summer and one is young and tan and wearing sandles fine. But everyone else looks ill kept to me. Most women even with leg makeup .. ( yuck) look cheap without hose. Not a fan of this rule. Agree with the Queen on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely not! I had a professor in college tell us that is a no no :o