Best place to snokel and scuba on Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Tigergenesis

We have a group cruising with us for our wedding in April: Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Some guests are scuba divers and I wanted to scout out the best port for them to go diving. Which port would you recommend? Any tour operators you recommend?

Same question for our snorkelers.

Thanks in advance for you help! :)

I am sailing the Eastern next week... I have two of the same stops and all of my dive research pointed to Grand Turk. The Wall has about 40 dive spots and is supposed to be spectacular. I have chosen to go with Blue Water Divers because of the smaller boats and I still don't have much experience. I will be happy to report back after my trip.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I am sailing the Eastern next week... I have two of the same stops and all of my dive research pointed to Grand Turk. The Wall has about 40 dive spots and is supposed to be spectacular. I have chosen to go with Blue Water Divers because of the smaller boats and I still don't have much experience. I will be happy to report back after my trip.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

We have been looking and debating about booking Blue Water divers for snorkeling in Grand Turk. We aren’t going until January and then February again.

Will look forward to your report when you get back not only of your dive experience but also of Blue Water Divers.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning - 

Sorry it took a while for me to get back here after my cruise.  My day in Grand Turk with Blue Water Divers was great.  At first I was going to be the only diver, but there was a small group staying on the island that was doing some extra certifications.  Three of them joined me on the first dive.  The fourth one joined me on the second dive.  Everyone with BWD was wonderful.  These are not resort type dives where they have food and all kinds of amenities on the boat.  The boats are simple, but roomy.  Bring a snack for your surface interval if you need some energy.  They are knowledgeable, patient and so good at what they do.  I am a new diver and it had been a while since I had been in the water.  Henry was especially patient and helpful!  I would dive with this company again in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

My dive club from Miami spent a week on Grand Turk.  It doesn't get much better than that for diving.  Blue Water Divers and Oasis divers are both great outfits.  I'd go back to Grand Turk at the drop of a hat.....oh wait, I AM going back to Grand Turk next month on the Crown Princess.  Can't wait  Awesome diving (and snorkeling but the diving is better). 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sounds like everyone likes Grand Turk.  I've never been there, but hopefully I'll get a chance to try sometime soon.  Given the stops you have, I like Nassau.  You head out to the ocean in the opposite direction from the cruise ships and snorkel near the exit to the ocean.  It's protected from the ocean so the water's calm, maybe a little cool, lot's of coral and a wide variation of fish.