Rome AirBnB?

birdlord

Completely overwhelmed at searching Air BnB for a Rome home/apartment for 4 nights prior to cruise. Although we have not been to Rome before, I think I have it narrowed down that we'd stay in the areas of Campo De Fiori, Piazza Navona, or Pantheon area (but open to other neighborhoods that are safe and within walking distance to the major tourist attractions - with one exception - not interested in Termini area). It would only be the two of us, but we'd like a private (not room in someone's home) apartment, preferably with a terrace. I like the idea of a washer to wash those clothes we use before leaving on the cruise. I've found some properties on AirBnB that meet almost all of our needs. HOWEVER, looking to see if anyone has any strong recommendations of a property they may have rented -- it's just so hard to know going in blind. If you'd prefer, please send a private message. Thank you in advance. We won't be going until September 2018, so plenty of time, though I'd like to reserve earlier than later.

We stayed in the trastevere area in July at a lovey flat. Im not sure if I can post the link but here is the title- Lungara, lovely flat in Trastevere. We walked everywhere and lovely restaurants all over that area. It is my favourite area. Lively at night.

Several years ago we rented the Boccaccio apartment through Sleep In Italy. http://www.sleepinitaly.com/rome/fontana-di-trevi-apartments/apartment-boccaccio. The apartment is small, basically two rooms, on a quiet street. There are two excellent restaurants within 100 meters (Hostaria Romano and Colline Emiliane). The seafood restaurant up the street is not worth the cost. We have had no issues with Sleep in Italy. Enjoy you time in Rome. We will be in Rome for a week in early April, 2018 after a transatlantic cruise and are starting to look for accommodations.

I have successfully booked Air bnb twice in Rome, both times in the general area of Piazza Navona. When I was looking I noted that many apartments have washers, but few have dryers. Also, make sure the building has an elevator. I had small glitches but was essentially very satisfied and the price was unbeatable. One apartment had no coffee maker, another no English language TV, neither a deal breaker but good things to look out for. Watch out for cancellation policies and make sure to take out insurance in case you are forced to cancel after the cut off date. I love air bnb.

I have successfully booked Air bnb twice in Rome, both times in the general area of Piazza Navona. When I was looking I noted that many apartments have washers, but few have dryers. Also, make sure the building has an elevator. I had small glitches but was essentially very satisfied and the price was unbeatable. One apartment had no coffee maker, another no English language TV, neither a deal breaker but good things to look out for. Watch out for cancellation policies and make sure to take out insurance in case you are forced to cancel after the cut off date. I love air bnb.

Yes, I'm feeling pretty strongly about the AirBnB. I did note many properties have washer but no dryer - some even advertise they have drying racks. If you don't mind, can you recall the "names" of the properties you rented?

Very few homes in Italy have dryers, a combination of tradition, lack of space, and very high cost of electricity.

If you use a public laundromat you'll often see people arriving with loads of wet laundry to toss in the dryers.

As for the terrace, unless you find an apartment on a piazza you won't have much of a view from a terrace. The streets are generally very narrow so all you'll see is the building across the street.

My wife and I have an apartment in Santa Marinella which is one stop before Civitecchia on the train for nine nights. WE are going to take the train into Rome 2-3 times to do sightseeing and then rent a car and do some sightseeing in a 50 kilometer radius of Santa Marinella. The price for 9 nights is $320. fully furnished, so very reasonable and Santa Marinella is a wonderful seaside holiday spot with plenty of restaurants and very nice residents. And the town is very quant and beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

In less than 2 weeks, I will be staying in an Airbnb apartment in the Campo de Fiori area. I am excited as we do Airbnb stateside all the time. The price was great and we have two rooms, plus min kitchen and washer/dryer while we are there. I plan to do a review so I will post pictures to show you. I found this to be a much cheaper option than the hotels.

Kathy

• 10 months later...
Completely overwhelmed at searching Air BnB for a Rome home/apartment for 4 nights prior to cruise. Although we have not been to Rome before, I think I have it narrowed down that we'd stay in the areas of Campo De Fiori, Piazza Navona, or Pantheon area (but open to other neighborhoods that are safe and within walking distance to the major tourist attractions - with one exception - not interested in Termini area). It would only be the two of us, but we'd like a private (not room in someone's home) apartment, preferably with a terrace. I like the idea of a washer to wash those clothes we use before leaving on the cruise. I've found some properties on AirBnB that meet almost all of our needs. HOWEVER, looking to see if anyone has any strong recommendations of a property they may have rented -- it's just so hard to know going in blind. If you'd prefer, please send a private message. Thank you in advance. We won't be going until September 2018, so plenty of time, though I'd like to reserve earlier than later.

Hi Lori,

I'm looking for something similar for our trip in the Spring. Was wondering which one you decided on and would also love to hear a review once you get back! Thanks,

Nancy

It's not the areas you mentioned, but if you're open to others and don't mind being a little farther away from major sights, you might consider Hanky Suite in Trastevere. It shows up on a couple hotel booking sites as well as Airbnb. For our Christmas week stay, we are paying euro equivalent of around $90 for Friday and $133) for Saturday, both with option to cancel. There's also a city tax - 3,50 euros per person per night collected on site. The place is close to a tram that goes to some useful places for sightseeing, and there are lots of restaurants and bars in Trastevere. It looks quite nice to me, and gets good reviews, but I haven't stayed there yet, so can't comment on quality - yet!

• 4 weeks later...

We’ve really enjoyed our little apartment near Piazza Navona! It’s just around the corner from the bus stop and about 1.5 blocks to the Piazza. It has an incredibly comfortable and soft bed and a huge shower. Big bonus, it’s on the ground floor so no steps! We’ve stayed here for three nights and it’s been the perfect place for the two of us!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6610182?s=51