Ficoncella Thermal Baths

Giantfan13

We were wondering if anyone has ever tried this in Civi? As I posted in another thread, we are in Civi for a day and have no desire to travel to Romo. On looking at different things to do in Civi, this really caught our eye. We have done thermal hot springs in Colorado several times and really liked it.

Would anyone know how I would get to this place from the cruise port? We would prefer to use public transportation if it isn't walkable, rather than a taxi.

Any advice?

Cheers

Len

If you do go to Ficoncella, I'd recommend a stop at the Roman baths (called the Taurine baths) nearby as well.

Yes, that is what we were thinking about. Just something different to unwind from several days full of excursions. Some one mentioned the only way to get there was by taxi, which we don't mind but we were wondering how to get back. Are there taxi's available here to get back to the port?

Cheers

Len

While I haven't done this particular trip, here's what I generally do in situations like this (e.g., where taxis might be scarce).

If you know there will be someone at the place/site (like a ticket office, etc.), just ask them to call a taxi for you when you are ready to go.

Alternatively, if you will have a working cell phone, ask the taxi driver who brought you for a card and then call them yourself when you are ready to return. (Works better if the taxi driver has fairly good English skills, obviously...)

If I'm really going somewhere off the beaten track and don't have phone service, I would estimate how much time you will need at the place and ask the driver to return to pick you up in XX hours.