new terminal at Civitavecchia?

aquafit

The new terminal building at pier 12 Amerigo Vespucci officially opened May 18th. We´ve been there a week later and it didn´t really look open and actually wasn´t used by any of the ships in port (see two photos here). According to the news reports it´s just check-in and baggage handling plus a bar and restaurant and a little museum (see also here). No shops mentioned.

steamboats

Thank you, I was hoping that somebody who has been recently might have some info.

When we left Jewel on May 20 - shuttle bus took us to Largo Della Pace - which is not close to the train station or the original cruise terminal entrance. It's at other end of Civi.

So trying to find out if shuttle bus will now revert & take cruise ship passengers to new entrance by train station again.

We have hotel booked beside Largo Della Pace which is super convenient to just walk to.

Thanks for any updates.

NJ

I haven't been to Rome recently, but it's my understanding that everyone gets taken from the cruise ship to Largo Della Pace, and from there you can catch a bus for 2 euros that goes (directly, I think) to the train station in Civi. See https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/port-civitavecchia-guide-cruise-passengers

steamboats and "Carmen" - thank you for the pictures. I can only understand a little German, but the photos were helpful. The app and free WiFi sound good! Looks like a nice terminal; maybe when we cruise this winter we'll get to see it.

Edited by roothy123

I haven't been to Rome recently, but it's my understanding that everyone gets taken from the cruise ship to Largo Della Pace, and from there you can catch a bus for 2 euros that goes (directly, I think) to the train station in Civi. See https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/port-civitavecchia-guide-cruise-passengers

steamboats and "Carmen" - thank you for the pictures. I can only understand a little German, but the photos were helpful. The app and free WiFi sound good! Looks like a nice terminal; maybe when we cruise this winter we'll get to see it.

That's correct. The original port entrance by the train station was a lot more convenient but walking from Largo della Pace is still walkable if you don't have much luggage & in reasonable shape.

NJ

Yes, even with the new terminal building the shuttle bus takes you to Largo della Pace.

There are two stops near the fortress (which would be closer to the train station). But buses don´t stop there on a regular basis and only at certain times. Bramante (the parking lot for cruisers, on the way from the ship to Largo della Pace) is drop off only from 11:30 am til 2:30 pm. Molo del Bicchiere (on the way from Largo della Pace back to the ship) is pick up only.

So the Bramante stop can´t be used for early trains.

steamboats

Yes, even with the new terminal building the shuttle bus takes you to Largo della Pace.

There are two stops near the fortress (which would be closer to the train station). But buses don´t stop there on a regular basis and only at certain times. Bramante (the parking lot for cruisers, on the way from the ship to Largo della Pace) is drop off only from 11:30 am til 2:30 pm. Molo del Bicchiere (on the way from Largo della Pace back to the ship) is pick up only.

So the Bramante stop can´t be used for early trains.

steamboats

Thank you for the clarification Steamboat. Kept hearing conflicting info about cruise port entrance. We were in Civi cruise port May 20th & didn't even see the new cruise terminal then - left ship thru the tent terminal building. We'll be back for cruise in October so will see what's up.

Usually take the train but plan to take a shared shuttle van from FCO this time, directly to the cruise port.

NJ

NJ,

The new terminal building is at 12. At 25 (on the other side) there´s still that tent building. The old tent was also still there on the 10 - 13 side.

From 10 to 13 you are allowed to walk within in the port area. But at 25 you have to take the shuttle.

steamboats

• 1 month later...

Wondering if someone can clarify the embarkation/ disembarkation for a disabled person. My husband and I use both a Rollator and a scooter and neither of us can push pull or lift bags. We have a private car picking us up at the port and will be traveling for a hotel in Civi to the port on the morning of embarkation.

I am reading that you must take a shuttle bus from the port gate to the ship. How do you manage your luggage? Do you check it at the gate?

The new terminal building at pier 12 Amerigo Vespucci officially opened May 18th. We´ve been there a week later and it didn´t really look open and actually wasn´t used by any of the ships in port (see two photos here). According to the news reports it´s just check-in and baggage handling plus a bar and restaurant and a little museum (see also here). No shops mentioned.

steamboats

Just ran across this thread; thanks for posting photos. The new terminal looks lovely! We first were at the "tent" terminal way back in 2003 embarking on our first WB TA and were surprised that the tents were still in use on our last visit in 2014.

We were in Civi last week and here is a photo of the new terminal and the tent. We did not get off the ship and did not go into the terminal so someone else will have to chime in as to whether you can buy wine there.

And for Knolmom who was asking about mobility around the port, here is what their Port Mobility people told me when I inquired, "yes you can bring on our shuttles your scooter or your wheelchair. There’s a ramp with which you can get on board on some of our buses.

You can ask our operators for help at the infopoint of largo della Pace, main cruise bus terminal of the port."

Plus this website might give some additional information about mobility.

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/largo-della-pace-service-center-port-civitavecchia

1748998983_Civinewterminal.jpg.e93d963aa6b24a7454e7d0875f8cfa69.jpg

1777259107_Civiterminal.jpg.80022ca61b3fb7ba7280405e6f0cc8b6.jpg