Disembarking Rhapsody in Venice & shuttle time

tyson

We will be reserving a shuttle for our group of 14 to go from the port to a hotel close to the airport after our Rhapsody cruise in November. The scheduled ship arrival time is 6:45. We will be in no hurry to get off the ship, but I'm wondering what a reasonable pick up time would be for the shuttle reservation. Do you go through customs in Venice or are you just picking up your luggage? Also, if you have used a shuttle before and were happy with their service, please give me their name. Thanks!

What time is your flight ?

Backing into this equation ..... you need to be at the airport 2 1/2 - 3 hrs prior to your flight. It's a 20 minute drive to the airport and you'll need time to locate your driver.

(The departures of the airport is chaotic; lots of lines that don't move. )

8:30 or 9:00 should be easy, maybe even 9:30 -- as it was an all Europe cruise, I do not recall any passport check when we got off Rhapsody in late June; arriving at your hotel too early may mean that some or all of your rooms are not ready.

I was thinking 9:30 or 10:00, so thanks for your advice.

I have contacted the hotel and they will check our luggage if the rooms are not ready. We are not expecting them to be ready since we will be there well before the 2:00 check-in time.

Anyone have suggestions for a reliable shuttle service that can accommodate 14 people with luggage?