Port Canaveral Hotel Help

*Flower*

Hopefully someone has some great advice for us.

I'm looking for a hotel in Port Canaveral for the night before our cruise; hopefully including either parking or a discount on port parking.

I'd kind of prefer port parking because of the security factor, and am kind of tired of some local hotels raising room prices because you'd like to park at the hotel.

When we did our first cruise out of PC (2009), we stayed for roughly $80 including parking and paid an additional $12 for transportation to/from PC Cruise terminal (2 people round trip).

When we did our last PC cruise (2011), the room was $150 for room and parking- transportation to/from Cruise terminal was about the same cost.

Help me find something reasonable, and make our vacation carefree!!!

TIA....

We have given up on hotels that include parking due to the inflated prices they charge for the room that includes that. I will gladly pay an additional $10-$20 (room at discount rate + parking at the port) for the ease and security factor. Scouting out deals, using discounts we are eligible for, and on occasion snagging a great Priceline rate, we have been able to stay at Country Inn & Suites for about $80, Residence Inn for $90, and La Quinta Oceanfront (with a spectacular view!) for $90. Tack on the port parking charges to those rates, and I either come out even or have just a bit more to pay than a cruise n park package.

Good Luck!

There are NO hotels in Port Canaveral. There are at least 3 in CAPE Canaveral (Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites, and Radisson), and a ton in Cocoa Beach. I'm not being a semantic pain here--it can make a difference on computer searches for hotel and car rental places.

Parking--there is an excellent facility call Park and Cruise. Normal price is $6.99 per day which includes a fenced, locked lot and good shuttle service to/from the port. Many of the hotel lots are not locked or lighted. I trust you are driving your own car--otherwise return the rental and get it back after the cruise. There are also hotels in the MCO area (Hyatt Place NW and Wyngate are 2 that I'm familiar with, I've read that the Hampton also offers this but no personal experience with them). They do a deal that includes up to 14 nights of parking, an overnight stay, breakfast, and transportation to/from the port. We paid $121 for this for 2 people, but most recently I saw it for $189. For us, usually without car, that's a bargain.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. It was really close to port & worked out very nicely. I don't think the price was very expensive (around $80) for a room with a king bed + a separate partitioned off area with bunk beds & another single bed. Mediocre breakfast included, but we ate light since we were planning on eating first thing at cabanas anyway. A lot of cruisers stayed there. The above poster seemed to have a good deal on port parking( $6.99 seems pretty cheap to me). Might be worth booking both separately.

Archived