Flights out of Rome

MartinsCruise

What is the earliest recommended time to book a flight out of Rome after a cruise? The only non-stop flight we can get leaves at 11:15 AM but I'm concerned this may be cutting it too close. This will be our first time there so we're not sure how long it takes to get to the airport.

What is the earliest recommended time to book a flight out of Rome after a cruise? The only non-stop flight we can get leaves at 11:15 AM but I'm concerned this may be cutting it too close. This will be our first time there so we're not sure how long it takes to get to the airport.

What time does your ship arrive? I have been on a ship that was scheduled to arrive at 6 am and one that arrived at 7 am. I assume that you are going from Fiumicino?

I think that the question of whether or not you have enough time is always one of those "what if?" questions.

Of course on 95% of cruises you have enough time. Just what if something happens. That the ship takes longer to dock, that customs are difficult that day etc.

What would your options be then? If you have insurance to cover and/or if you could easily rebook your flight then you will enjoy your holiday. If missing the flight would be a disaster then you may have to think of taking a less convenient flight.

Sorry if it sounds unhelpful but I always do my travel planning like that. :rolleyes: