Or is it to hot so it's a bummer

Do you just walk or run in your neighborhood some days

Or go to a gym and do it your way

Maybe you do both off and on during the week

Any of you hard core exerciser's that leave you weak

Know exercise is good for us .. they say walking is the best

So put your shoes on and give it the test

Do you think you lose more weight with exercise and when you do it alone

Some think they do better without exercise till they lose and then exercise to tone

There's a 3rd choice to pick you know

You just say..never exercise..not for me..I just say no

Which one are YOU

Thanks Belle. I'm up 1. Not walking faithfully and not even trying with snacking. I would like to be surprised about it, but its totally my fault. My heads just not in it right now. Hope you all had better weeks. I'll check in later in the day.

Thanks Belle:D

I'm a combination cardio and strength training. Try to speed walk 3x per week - hope to get back to running once I lose more weight so not as hard on joints. Strength training is typically 2x per week, but some weeks only once, husband and I meet with personal trainer. We do 5 sets of 20 reps for each of 6 major muscle groups (legs, chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps).

Mike, I'm right there with you on frustration and not really feeling it right now - with no one to blame but myself. I was looking back on old running times and weight loss and 3 years ago I was over 40# lighter and consistently running under 12 minute miles - even getting under 11 a few times - and logging at least 3 miles most runs, plus walking 3-5 miles several times per week. Today I am heavier, frequently in pain, low energy, and can feel depression creeping in more:(:mad: I have a great life with a wonderful family that I want to be strong and healthy for, but the struggle to get off my blessed assurance:rolleyes: and do something about my health is real.

I'm up 1# from two weeks ago. After the 5K this Saturday, hubby and I will start training for a 10K in September. Hopefully the increased road miles will help release endorphins and weight, giving me more energy.

Thanks for the vent and support. Hope everyone else has a great week:)

Thank you Belle.:)

Right now, I'm trying to fit in what exercise I can around work and school. Mostly walking with a little bit of resistance training.

Down 1.2# this week. Still 6.2 lbs from where I would like to be by mid-September assuming I go to my class reunion, or 11.2 from my ultimate goal that I'm hoping to make by the time of my cruise in mid-December.

Down 3.8 this week.

It is really crazy.....the weeks that I think I will have a “nice loss”, I gain. Then the weeks I expect a gain I might have a nice loss. I think my body runs about two weeks behind what I think it should do.

I have not been exercising exactly but do try to walk more. I have stairs between my garage and main level of house so I try to make multiple trips to carry groceries, etc upstairs.

Belle, Thanks for the ditty.

I'm up 1. Was the wine trip last week I'm sure.

Mike, Jan, pacruise, bummer on the gains.

Skiiergirl and Katmu, great losses. I think the rest of us gained your losses!

Exercise: I mostly exercise at the gym. Cardio on treadmill, elliptical or bike. About 3 days a week I do weight machines. Wish it would help me lose more weight.....

I also have a stationary bike at home so sometimes burn some extra calories on that.

Have a good day everyone. Will check back later.

Diana

The poem is great! Congratulations to all those who slimmed down this week and to those of us who didn't keep fighting the fight we will all eventually win!

I was home from vacation yesterday and had a hard reunion with the scale up 6.6 pounds but this morning it was "only" up 3.6 pounds, all the salt used in restaurants I'm sure was the 3 pound drop in a day or a lower altitude? We had a great time and I had fun gaining the 3.6 pounds so now it's back on my plan - 21.4 pounds till I am at my goal and I'd like to lose as much as I can while still remaining healthy about it before my cruise and 32nd anniversary on October 18th. Hope everyone has a great week this week!

Belle, I don't like to exercise at all. LOL I do a walking video at home and some slight weight training. Not too much.

mike, pacruise, Jan, Diana and labmom, sorry about the gain. It is so frustrating sometimes.

skiiergirl and katmu, awesome losses.

I am down 2.4 lbs. I weighed in last week but forgot to post, so that is my total loss for the two weeks.

Rose

Watch Out! Friday The 13th!:evilsmile:

I stayed the same..like they say... better than a gain.

Ate to much yesterday. Had 12 women here playing Bunco in the morning/afternoon

and I had lots of food. Then in evening went out to dinner. Hope it doesn't catch up with me

tomorrow because went out to dinner tonight with the"kids".:)

Seems like we had a mixed of ups and downs. So hard anytime to lose but summer:cool: seems

harder at times. Congrats to all of you exercising. ( Some of you a lot, some a little (better than done).

I haven't been doing it,:p know I should. Use to go to a gym years back. Have a treadmill. should see

if it still works!:eek:

Everyone have a good weekend. Stay cool!

Watch Out! Friday The 13th!:evilsmile:

I stayed the same..like they say... better than a gain.

Ate to much yesterday. Had 12 women here playing Bunco in the morning/afternoon

and I had lots of food. Then in evening went out to dinner. Hope it doesn't catch up with me

tomorrow because went out to dinner tonight with the"kids".:)

Seems like we had a mixed of ups and downs. So hard anytime to lose but summer:cool: seems

harder at times. Congrats to all of you exercising. ( Some of you a lot, some a little (better than done).

I haven't been doing it,:p know I should. Use to go to a gym years back. Have a treadmill. should see

if it still works!:eek:

Everyone have a good weekend. Stay cool!

Belle, I get it! I was thrilled over loss this week. We are now out of town for a long weekend with friends and I know as hard as I will try to be good....I won’t be able to stay “on plan” so will be struggling for any kind of loss and hopefully not too large of a gain!

Stay strong everyone!

HI all!

Nice to see some good losses amongst the gains! (y)Add me to the gainers as I put that 2 lbs I lost after my trip back on in just one week! I guess maybe it was the Christmas in July lunch Wednesday followed by the Chinese buffet.:o

Belle ~ I'm not much for exercising, just doing 15 - 20 minutes of Wii Fit per day. I get the most exercise when I go to Town shopping from all that walking. I do think of ways I could get more exercise like standing up or doing steps during tv commercials but never put it into practice.:(

I also have a recumbent bike left from after my knee replacement that could be used but I'm too lazy. I heard somewhere that a sedentary lifestyle is the new smoking healthwise.

Have a good weekend & let's hope for good results next time.

~ Jo ~ :)

Good Sunday Evening,

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Jo, Rose and Labmom, oops on the gains. Cruises42, good loss.

Belle, glad you're having fun.

Not much going on here except the heat is bringing tons of bugs. Yuck.

Trying to watch the eating this weekend. Not easy of course.

Have a nice evening. Diana

Congratulations to all who lost:D

Clothes are starting to fit a little looser, so I might see a loss this Thursday:)

The race was good on Saturday - finished in just under 44 minutes. I met my goals of 1-finish;), 2-sub 45, and 3-(adjusted) sub 44. I had to sprint the last 30 seconds, but my hip wasn't too bad over the weekend.

Hubby and I plan to run a 10K in late September the Saturday after we get back from our cruise, so training starts tonight. The first run is 1.25 miles at an easy pace - hopefully weather cooperates.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Stayed cool if it was hot. Stayed dry if rain.

pacruisers..Great job on the race and happy for you that clothes are looser.

Good luck on your training.

Diana hope it has cooled down for you and the bugs have gone away. Thanks

for being glad I was having fun. But why does having fun mean "food"?:eek:

See on Thursday!

Jo see your fun included food too. At least you do some exercise. I'm just out

of my exercise routine.

Mike..Jan..labmom, Jo, pacruiser and me

Keep at it, don't give up, know we can do it. Know it's hard to lose when we try

and the scale doesn't show what we want.

Congrats to for losing.

Katmu, skiiergirl, Rose, Cruise42,

Have a good week..see you Thursday. Come Back in all of YOU that are MISSING.......

That means the old-timers that are missing and the new-timers who haven't

come in yet!

Thanks everyone:)

10K is a little intimidating for me, but I saw someone post on a running group I'm part of that they were doing a 1/2 marathon and had a pace close to mine. That got me thinking that even if I can't finish in an hour (husband's goal), it's still something doable for me.

I did my first training run this week (1.25 miles) and tried lightly jogging. My body seemed to tolerate it well, but not if I tried to pick up the pace. Tonight is a 15 minute benchmark (7 min light pace, 3 min all out effort, 5 min recovery). I think I will still do a speed walk for the all out effort, but I was getting under 11 minute miles during the race with speed walking so I think I can still do a fast speed.

What is everyone else doing for healthy movement?

I seem to do best with dieting if i stay off the scale. Showing a gain tends to lead to discouragement and more eating. At recent doctor visit, I was surprised I didn't weigh more. Am doing very mild exercise at a gym maybe 4 to 5 times a week, once in a while trying on too-small pants to see if progress being made.