Ventura 60's/70's theme evenings

Lizzy532

Hi

I have just read that there will be themed nights for 60's and 70's on my cruise.

What is the expected dress code for themed nights? Im not sure I would feel comfortable dressing in 60's or 70's gear as a solo cruiser. Would we still be allowed in MDR if we were just smartly dressed?

thanks

ah okay thanks for quick reply.

Love the music for that era but not particularly fussed on dressing for it as well!

A quick question about drinks. If I have my own g and t in the cabin is it ok to take a glass to dinner as it seems the wine waiters only serve wine?

ah okay thanks for quick reply.

Love the music for that era but not particularly fussed on dressing for it as well!

A quick question about drinks. If I have my own g and t in the cabin is it ok to take a glass to dinner as it seems the wine waiters only serve wine?

No its not OK. Either purchase one at a bar pre dinner and take in, or ask the waiter/wine waiter to get you one. Please do not take your own into dinner. Would you do that in a hotel?

Hi

I have just read that there will be themed nights for 60's and 70's on my cruise.

What is the expected dress code for themed nights? Im not sure I would feel comfortable dressing in 60's or 70's gear as a solo cruiser. Would we still be allowed in MDR if we were just smartly dressed?

thanks

Not sure why ypu think they only serve wine. I have seen beer and spirits served.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

No its not OK. Either purchase one at a bar pre dinner and take in, or ask the waiter/wine waiter to get you one. Please do not take your own into dinner. Would you do that in a hotel?

Which is why I asked because I didn’t know that wine waiters would also bring spirits. I had a friend who went on a short cruise on Ventura last year and the wine waiters wouldn’t serve spirits or beer only wine.

Surely that is what this board is about, to ask questions and hopefully get nice helpful replies!

You can certainly ask for a gin or tonic, or any other drink come to that. The wine waiters don't like having to go to a bar to get them as it all takes time, that's why they prefer to serve only wine but they will certainly do that if that's what someone wants. On our last cruise on Aurora I occasionally asked for a gin and tonic at dinner and it was served with a smile. One of my table companions asked for one regularly.

You can certainly ask for a gin or tonic, or any other drink come to that. The wine waiters don't like having to go to a bar to get them as it all takes time, that's why they prefer to serve only wine but they will certainly do that if that's what someone wants. On our last cruise on Aurora I occasionally asked for a gin and tonic at dinner and it was served with a smile. One of my table companions asked for one regularly.

Oh dear they must hate me then as hubby & I are non drinkers & always ask for a coke & diet coke :)

That said, we have never had an issue with the service & quite often on cruises, once they've got to know us they've even had the drinks ready for us. I guess it's that sort of thing that saves them some time.

Joan

If I have my own g and t in the cabin is it ok to take a glass to dinner as it seems the wine waiters only serve wine?

The wine waiters will take orders for any type of drink including soft drinks. It is permissible to enter the dining room with a drink but not really the done thing. If you assemble for pre-dinner drinks in a bar and time catches up on you by all means take them in. The main problem you would find is that of hand sanitising and needing empty hands to do this conveniently. Theoretically if you are consuming g and t which you have brought on board from home you should pay corkage at £20.

Regards John

It is permissible to enter the dining room with a drink but not really the done thing. If you assemble for pre-dinner drinks in a bar and time catches up on you by all means take them in. The main problem you would find is that of hand sanitising and needing empty hands to do this conveniently.

"not the done thing" - I would disagree.

And in fact on Cunard they have waiters with trays stood at the entrance to the restaurant to take your drinks and carry them to the table, so removing the sanitiser issue.