Taking Alcohol on Board Brittannia

Suezi

Hi

Apologies if this is a question which has been raised previously but I am a 1st time cruiser (and its been a while since I have flown too) so thats my excuse ,,,

Flying out to Britannia from Gatwick on 9th Nov and friend who used to work for P + O years ago has suggested buying a bottle of DF Gin or whatever to take with us for our cabin , pre dinner drinks etc

Plan to buy alcohol on board so this will be in addition to spend on board but as there is no spirits package wanted to know if this is allowed.

Will bags be checked once we are through security and in the Duty Free lounge?

Thanks

Hi

Apologies if this is a question which has been raised previously but I am a 1st time cruiser (and its been a while since I have flown too) so thats my excuse ,,,

Flying out to Britannia from Gatwick on 9th Nov and friend who used to work for P + O years ago has suggested buying a bottle of DF Gin or whatever to take with us for our cabin , pre dinner drinks etc

Plan to buy alcohol on board so this will be in addition to spend on board but as there is no spirits package wanted to know if this is allowed.

Will bags be checked once we are through security and in the Duty Free lounge?

Thanks

You are allowed 1 Ltr. Of spirits each, to take on board at the port of embarkation. So no problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also worth bearing in mind is that the prices of bottles of spirits from room service are very reasonable, and come delivered to your cabin with glasses, ice and lemon.

We have always taken 2 litres with us, but from now on I'm going to go room service and save the hassle of buying and packing it, esp on a fly cruise when you are tight for space as well.

Also worth bearing in mind is that the prices of bottles of spirits from room service are very reasonable, and come delivered to your cabin with glasses, ice and lemon.

We have always taken 2 litres with us, but from now on I'm going to go room service and save the hassle of buying and packing it, esp on a fly cruise when you are tight for space as well.

Ok so we wouldnt gain much from buying a litre of spirit each and then just ordering the mixer from room service?

In my experience not, depending what you drink, my wife drinks Bombay Sapphire Gin, and that was only £24 a litre from room service, so not bad for on-board a cruise ship!!

Also my wife drinks posh tonic water, Elderflower or something else exotic!! and that was the expensive bit (About £2.20 a shot) so it was cheaper to take a pack of cans on-board, which is also allowed, but on a fly cruise you might be short on weight or space.

• Thanks 1

In my experience not, depending what you drink, my wife drinks Bombay Sapphire Gin, and that was only £24 a litre from room service, so not bad for on-board a cruise ship!!

Also my wife drinks posh tonic water, Elderflower or something else exotic!! and that was the expensive bit (About £2.20 a shot) so it was cheaper to take a pack of cans on-board, which is also allowed, but on a fly cruise you might be short on weight or space.

Aha your wife has good taste as Bombay Sapphire is also what we drink (although hubby is rather partial to a Spiced Rum currently.

Ok thanks, will bear that in mind