Would be great to have those feelings now and everyday

Well we can but have to work on it the best we can in our own way

Some of us better at exercising others at eating less during the week

Some of us have more time at home to plan and seek

But we all can do it even with our ups and downs we will win

We can never give up till we're healthy and thinner

So hoping you all have fun in the summer months this year

Wishing you have a vacation or cruise that is near:cool:

Hi, hope everyone had a good week!!! I lost 1.4 pounds last week (so 18.6 to go for first goal). I did 15,000 steps per day. I don't know if this will help anyone but at night if I didn't have my steps in I would either march while watching TV or pace around the house during commercials, might have driven my husband crazy but we have been married long enough that he didn't comment on my strange behavior.

Good morning all, Happy Summer:cool:

Thanks for the poem Belle :)

Nice loss, Labmom3:D

I maintained this week. Better than a gain but still:rolleyes:

We will be traveling the week of the 4th. My kids are in a Bible quizzing competition so fast food and college cafeteria food for a few days:o. Hopefully I'll stick to healthy choices, there's usually good salad options. I was pleased when my daughter asked about packing easy to eat fruits and veggies for travel snacks.

Thank you for the fabulous words of encouragement Belle! Always so well written!

I have been AWOL from these boards for awhile but need to get back here and stay here. I have lost 46 lbs since Oct 31. Some weeks are better than others. Yesterday was a weigh-in day. I only lost 0.6 but am am happy that it was a “down” even though it was a “decimal”. We were out of town over the weekend and I had a few things I shouldn’t have. I knew when I ate/drank them that it would throw me off so I tried to be fairly “on plan” the rest of the week. Hoping for a better number next week!

Missed my weigh-in this morning as work called with an emergency at 5:30 am. Is it ok if I weigh tomorrow or just wait until next week?

I hope everyone else had a good week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Traveling home this morning.

Thanks for the poem Belle. [emoji846]

46lbs since October is pretty awesome skiiergirl! Congrats on that!

15k a day is great too labmom.

I just totaled my mileage for the last 12days. 65.7mi!! I was very happy with that. I may eat a lot on a cruise, but I sure pile on the activity too.

Diana, Horizon was wonderful. Our first new Carnival in a while. Makes a huge difference. Had little complaints here and there, but that’s par for the course. Stayed in a Havana Interior which provides a whole separate deck/pool area. A little more $ but worth it in my opinion. Service was excellent. I’ll write a review before too long.

I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning once home. My guess is +7. After watching me eat this week, my wife thinks it’s at least that, but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning, all. Thanks for the poem, Belle.

skiergirl, welcome back. You have had a great loss so far. labmom, congrats on your loss. It doesn't matter what the loss is, down is always good.

pacruise, I also stayed the same this week. We will get a loss next week.

Mike, it's ok to gain on a cruise. Usually that weight comes off pretty quickly. Good luck when you do weigh in.

Jan, sorry about the gain. I know that sometimes I gain and I can't understand why. Hopefully, next week your scale will be kinder to you.

Katmu, weigh in when you can.

Rose

Hello,

I finally lost another lb. That's 5 lbs. now. Been back from our cruise 5 weeks. Slow progress but at least I'm getting somewhere. That's almost all the weight I gained.

Had some happy news this week. An old college friend is moving to the town my hubby and I moved to last year. She has family in the area. She and her hubby were tired of the crazy housing prices in Silicon Valley. They earn a lot of money but can't afford a house where they are, so they bought one here. It will be nice to have her here.

Belle, thanks for the poem. I might have missed it but how did you do on your cruise, did you gain?

Mike, glad you enjoyed your cruise. We were thinking about trying NCL's new Bliss next year but we'll see.

Labmom, good loss. Good job getting your steps in.

Pacruise, maintaining is good.

Skiiergirl, glad you came in. Such a huge loss.

Katmu, you can weigh-in anytime.

Jan, sorry you gained. Giving up wine and gaining? Just not right!

Have a good day everyone.

Diana

Hello Everyone..Better late then never!

I stayed the same from last weigh-in whenever that was.

I didn't gain on the cruise (lot's of walking) but did gain

a couple of lbs after I got home (does that make sense)

But there off today..so the same!

Labmom good loss and doing exercise in any form that you can.

Pacruise not having a gain is always a good thing. Good Luck to your daughter.

Skiiergirl glad your back, you doing great..46 lbs gone! And thank you.

Katmu sorry you had to race off. Hope everything worked out alright.

Jan I'm so sorry your working so hard and gave up wine. (not fair) Hope you have a "whoosh soon"

Mike welcome home. Glad you had a good land trip and cruise.

Rose least you didn't have a gain. That's good. Hope us "samer's" have a loss next week.

Diana nice loss. Happy you'll have friends near you. Are they going to commute?

Gold congrats on loss of lbs and dress size.

Cruise 42 know you'll be here soon

Shootr and the rest of you come back in.(sorry can't remember everyone's names). Know you when I see your name. Miss you all.

Don't you miss us?

Everyone have a good weekend. Hope everyone is safe in whatever weather you have now or coming.

Know some parts have terrible weather and others have a heat wave. Everyone Take Care.

It looks like I'm up 5. I'm happy with that. After 12 days away and 8 of that on a cruise, its a small price to pay.

We plan to sail exactly 6 months from today. Goal right now is 15lbs from (pre-cruise), so 20lbs as of today. It'll be a stretch, but like last time, I can be happy with whatever. A few changes to the routine are in store after a year plus at this project. As I figure out what those are I'll let you know.

Goldconnection, thats wonderful. Great job! "Feels great" is an understatement! :)

PaCruise - I enjoyed our road trip through your part of PA. It was definitely more scenic. But with terrible traffic and stops, it was 10hrs from Pittsburgh to NYC. Yesterday we left the pier at 7:30 and were home by 3 the normal route. It was odd that we'd travel from Pittsburgh, so it probably won't happen again, but it was a nice change up.

Take care guys.

Glad you enjoyed the scenery, but 10 hours is a long trip:eek: Our trip to Indiana next week is scheduled to be around 8 hours driving, probably 9.5-10 with stops. I was glad to here yesterday that we have enough other drivers that M won't have to drive the church vehicle, so he will drive our car and we can leave early July 4th and stop at his family picnic on the way home. He's close with his Great Aunts and Uncles and we are blessed to still have most of them with us, but realistically we know that may not be the case much longer. Most are in their 80's and 90's.

The weekend we get back the church will host a large multi-site yard sale/bake sale/car wash to raise funds for the junior high mission trip my son is part of this August. Lots of travel and activity the next two weeks, so hoping to make smart food choices to balance the lack of physical activity and mental stress of other activities. I got one of my speed walks in last night. 2.2 miles in 33 minutes (5 warm-up, 5 cool down, 23 speed). I averaged 4mph on a humid night so I'm content with that.

Gold connection - 10# is huge! Imagine wearing a 10# weighted vest all day how tired you would feel. The number on the scale can be deceptive too, since muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space. I still do a little happy dance when the number goes down;) but energy level and how clothes fit (inches lost), I think, are a better indicator of your health. Congrats on losing inches:cool:

Gold Connection, awesome. Nice to fit in smaller clothes.

Mike, 5 not too horrible, you'll get it off fast. Nice you have another cruise to look forward to in a few months.

Belle, my friends will find work here so no commuting. Glad you didnt gain on the cruise.

Trying to stay cool. Our weather today and tomorrow, 105. Hot, hot, hot.

Diana

HI all!

I'm back, got home at 11 pm Thursday night so weighed in Friday morning.

I was pretty happy to have only gained 1.6 lbs on a 7 day cruise & 6 nights in Italy! My pedometer got lost somewhere between the airport & my 1st hotel so I never knew how many steps a day I was doing, I had a really great time.

skiergirl ~ wow, what a great loss! Congrats on the good work!(y)

Jan ~ how disappointing giving up your wine then gaining.:( Hopefully you'll see the result next weigh in.

Mike ~ glad you had a good time on Horizon. I did the TA in 2016 on Vista & loved it.

Diana ~ I'm doing the Bliss PC Canal cruise in Nov. & really looking forward to it.

Have a nice weekend & see you next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Jo Welcome Back! Glad you had a great time and only gain

1.6 lbs. "Weigh to go". Bet it could be off in the next 2 weeks.

I hope to to Europe in Oct./Nov.

Diana I wish I could do as well at home as I do on a cruise ship.

Hope your staying cool. Know you have AC.

Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jo, welcome back. Sounds like you a great time. 1.4 lb. gain is nothing. That is so good. Not sure if we'll do the Panama Canal cruise on the Bliss next November. We've done the Canal before so nothing new there and it's kind of expensive. But, Jo, you'll have to let me know how you enjoyed the cruise when you return.

Seems I lose to cruise then gain it back then lose again. Ugh.

Belle, yep, have the AC on.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Diana

Hello on this Monday Morning!

Can't sleep. Have to make so many phone calls to get things straighten out and

errands to run that can't wait :eek: Why can't everything go right ALL the time. Guess that wouldn't be

a normal life if things were always perfect! So can't sleep thinking of things plus TV by

computer not working right. Don't know why. Add another thing to the list. Hope to sleep soon

and start the day fresh with a shower and a phone in my hand!:D

Hope you all have a better start to your day then me. Peaceful and calm. Fair skies.:cool:

Morning all, sorry to have strayed away but life gets in the way, and apathy about trying to be healthy took a solid hold on me.

But, it's another Monday, another beautiful sunrise (though it's 90 already), and another faint determination to try and get back on track.

Up about 20lbs over last few months, and 30 over where I really feel good. Today the scale said 219, so that's where I begin.

Tired of stress eating, tired of buying bigger clothes again, tired of looking at the belt holes that are getting fewer and fewer. It's not that life is bad - actually lots of good going on, but mid 50's is doing something to my energy level and discipline.

Anywho, it's been great to stop in every week and see so many trying so hard and sharing positives (even if it doesn't include a loss per se). Looking forward to see what I can do here on out.

Belle - hope your day has improved:)

Shootr - welcome back! Sometimes we have to reach the point where the pain of staying where we are or continuing on an unhealthy path exceeds the pain of making a change and turning in a new direction. Best wishes on getting healthier:)

Belle, hope the day gets better. Things seem to go wrong all at the same time. Overwhelming.......

Shootr, glad you're back. We are here for you. Funny you mention the mid 50's and energy. I have the same complaint. In my head I'm 20 but my body doesn't agree!

The other thing? Seems as though every year that goes by I get more marshmellowy eventhough I go to the gym everyday for a good workout including weight machines. Bummer......

Hang in there.

Diana