Are you having bbq's, smore's. ice cream and a drink

Are you eating to much-want to sleep-put dishes in the sink

On the other hand summer should make it easy to eat

Bbq steak, hamburger, green salad and water then take a seat

Eating inside listening to music and it's you singing

Then it's the bugs outside and your ears aren't ringing

So this Hot August Month let's eat the right way

So it's a loss every weigh-in Thursday

Good morning. I’m up 1 today, but considering our road trip to DC earlier in the week, that’s probably not a bad thing. Always fun going away, but I usually pay for it on the scale! Hope everyone has good numbers today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning!

Up .6#, but we did a farewell dinner at a local pizza/ice cream shop last night for our son before his mission trip. Their small ice cream is 3-4 times what I eat at home:eek: It was worth it though for a relaxing night (in a/c) before C leaves.

Tonight we have an ice cream social for a family that's moving out of the area. I'll focus on the "social" and skip the ice cream this time:')

This week looks promising. Long leisurely walk planned for Saturday (4-5 miles) and a 4 mile run Sunday - I'll need to wait until Monday to see next week's training plan. I'm visiting my Dad and Sister for a few days to sort old stuff, so we should be busy enough to not snack during the day. Dad's trying to lose weight too, so most of the meals will be healthy. We will have a splurge night of local corn ears and BLT's:cool:

Hope everyone had good losses. Have a great week!

Belle, thanks for the poem. I can't believe it is August already.

Mike and pacruise...those are not bad gains.

I gained 5lbs on my cruise. :o We had a wonderful time, but I definitely overate. I hope I see a nice loss next week. I have nine months until my next cruise and 15 lbs to lose to attain my final goal weight.

Rose

Hello,

I stayed the same. Bummer, I only have 6 weeks until our next cruise. Really want to be down more.

Belle, great poem.

Mike and pacruise, not horrible gains.

Rose, the 5 lbs. will come off soon. At least you had fun gaining it!

Have a good day.

Diana

Down .6. Yesterday was my last day on the prednisone so I'm happy that is behind me. I hope everyone else is having a good week. Next week is finals week so I'm not expecting a big loss.

Mike and pacruise, I agree not bad gains.

I have 2 trips coming up though then before the end of August so the rest of the month is going to be tough. Summer can be hard with all of the travel.

Sorry cruises42..it got me. I stayed the same too. (are you really kidding?):D

You'll lose next week I know. No Jinx!

Mike glad you had a good trip.. A pound not bad. You'll get off to.

pacruise that's my problem, hard to give up ice cream. Have a good visit with family.

Rose glad you had a good cruise. Hope your gain is mostly water weight. Great you

have an other cruise planned.

Diana least not a gain. Your next cruise is closer than mine. I have 7 weeks. 2 days!

Jan good for going to nthe gym. Hope you have a loss or stay the same.

katmu hope your feeling well. Good luck on your finals and enjoy your trips.

Everyone have a good weekend.

HI all!

Belle ~ good points in your ditty. I have a couple of bug bites & hardly go outside!! It's been really hot here this summer so I like to stay inside where it's cooler.

A friend sent me a picture of me on the front of a retired teachers' newsletter & it was really scary!! I look like I shouldn't eat another thing for a while!! That being said I have & am now 0.2 lbs heavier.:(

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Sorry cruises42..it got me. I stayed the same too. (are you really kidding?):D

You'll lose next week I know. No Jinx!

Mike glad you had a good trip.. A pound not bad. You'll get off to.

pacruise that's my problem, hard to give up ice cream. Have a good visit with family.

Rose glad you had a good cruise. Hope your gain is mostly water weight. Great you

have an other cruise planned.

Diana least not a gain. Your next cruise is closer than mine. I have 7 weeks. 2 days!

Jan good for going to nthe gym. Hope you have a loss or stay the same.

katmu hope your feeling well. Good luck on your finals and enjoy your trips.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Of course I'm kidding about the jinx. It's happened before. I do everything right and don't lose. I just don't understand it and I hate it when it happens.

Trying not to worry but my son in the military has come down with pneumonia. Waiting to hear if he is improving with the medication or if I’m going to need to fly out there early.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katmu, sorry your son is sick. I hope he is getting good care. There are excellent treatments for pneumonia. I know several people who have had that and recovered well. Hope you're feeling better too.

Shootr, cute post. I think I need to try that diet too.

Gainers, sorry. Stay the samers, better than a gain. Losers, good job.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Diana

Katmu sorry your son is sick. I'm sure their taking good care of him.

Your were going to visit him in the future? Just go early if you can

to make you feel better. A mother's worries never end no matter how

old are kids are. But I'm sure he's going to be fine with the military doc's.

shootr that's what we need "no people food". How do we do that? Acorns?:p

Jo we have to go on shootr's diet! I hate pictures. Why can't they lie?

Jan sorry so hot there. Know it's day by day this losing weight "thing".

Why can't every day be a good day. Seems like we ALL are having Summer struggles.

Diana Hope your having a nice Sunday. It's almost over and then another Monday.

Hate Monday this week...Think have a water leak, not in house but outside. Hope it's where

the water company can fix and not a spot I have to pay.

Have to renew Drivers Lic By birthday 9-1 Tried to make app. few weeks ago. One not available till end of Sept.

To late so going to have to stand in line. Long these days because of the new ID's you need

to have. Will go in a couple of weeks.

Know other people have bigger problems but sorry when things happen to you you don't like it.

We're human and some times feel sorry for ourselves but don't forget what others are going through.

That's me at the moment plus all the other stuff that's been going on just got me today.

Everyone have a Good Week!

Am having to climb out of an overeating spell, triggered by unexpected company and eating out. Partly emotional. Am hopeful going forward because I am seeking a flexible part time job, for added structure to my days. Are there flexible pt time jobs??! Also read on web me that wise diet can help avoid dementia. It of course mentioned Mediterranean diet, berries, fish, nuts, etc.

Jan You should of gone downstairs (exercise:D) and talked to me.

Anytime you see me come in and talk. We both have the same problem of

not sleeping.

Whatbis your time frame from Ca,? 2 or 3 hours ahead. Only thing on here,

they show my time as one hour earlier than it really is here. Try to change it

but doesn't work so I just let it be.

Etta I'm one of the few people in the world who doesn't order any thing off the internet!:eek:

I know..can you believe. I buy strawberries. I like them better than blueberries.

Know hard when have company and emotions going to eat right all the time.

We've all been there.

Edited by Belle

I buy tons of blueberries Etta, but haven't needed to get them online yet. I can only imagine how high they would be. This summer has been great since prices have been so low in the stores. I think a couple weeks ago they were $0.99 a pint and they were actually good quality. I'll have to reduce my intake over the winter when the price goes back up.

Have a good week.

Katmu, I hope your son is recovering well.

Am having to climb out of an overeating spell, triggered by unexpected company and eating out. Partly emotional. Am hopeful going forward because I am seeking a flexible part time job, for added structure to my days. Are there flexible pt time jobs??! Also read on web me that wise diet can help avoid dementia. It of course mentioned Mediterranean diet, berries, fish, nuts, etc.

Etta, what type of flexibility are you looking for? If you want short term assignments (but with dictated hours) temp agencies can be a good source - you can take the jobs you want and they can be anywhere from 1-2 days to several months. If you want to set your own hours (within reason) then having your own service business might be better. I don't know your skill set but house cleaning, book keeping, tutoring, mother's helper, elder care/respite care, pet care are all things that come to mind. Best wishes finding something that fits.

I think I did mostly well over the weekend. My schedule was off Friday with sending son off early and meals were pretty light. I got 6 miles walking in Saturday (plus some speed work) before dinner out and I ordered a fairly healthy salad and skipped dessert (did splurge on :wine-glass:) Kept diet reasonable yesterday too.

I've seen some FB posts from the mission group and it looks like our son is having a good time. Excited to hear all his adventures when he gets back Saturday.

Have a great week all! I'll probably weigh in Friday this week.

eta: I'll often get frozen blueberries at a better price. The frozen fruit helps beat the heat too.

Edited by pacruise804
blueberries

Belle, if you said previously I don't remember....where are you cruising in 7 weeks?

Katmu, update on your son?

Jan, sorry you are dealing with such heat. I hate heat. Where we are from mid-June to end of August it is 100 or more everyday. Only good thing is we don't have humidity.

Diana