The end of PSQ's

Balaena

On the good ship Ventura and find that PSQ's are no longer! seems that we will receive an email on return home asking for the feedback in future. Talking to the folk that serve us and rely on an excellent score for their 'bonus payment' the concern for them is that more will complain on email rather than score excellent. Shame really as it gave us that opportunity to shout how well the various stewards have performed during our cruise and, for the relevant onboard Hotel Management to see our views on their performance. Think it will now be an arms length company evaluating performance rather than their immediate managers. Oh well, it saves paper!

Bal

On the good ship Ventura and find that PSQ's are no longer! seems that we will receive an email on return home asking for the feedback in future. Talking to the folk that serve us and rely on an excellent score for their 'bonus payment' the concern for them is that more will complain on email rather than score excellent. Shame really as it gave us that opportunity to shout how well the various stewards have performed during our cruise and, for the relevant onboard Hotel Management to see our views on their performance. Think it will now be an arms length company evaluating performance rather than their immediate managers. Oh well, it saves paper!

Bal

Thank goodness.

It was embarrassing when the cabin stewards made a point of giving them to you, and pointing out where you had to mark excellent so they would get their bonus.

So many people put excellent to ensure that the cabin stewards got their full share of auto grats that these questionnaires were useless.

Bal

Double posting

The whole thing was meaningless when less than excellent was discounted and the thought that some person down the corridor refused to give excellent for anything used to really annoy me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In my experience, very few of the cabin attendants give an 'excellent' service these days. I don't think it is their fault though - the number of cabins they each service has been increased so much that it would be almost impossible to do so. They invariably are very efficient but - imho - not excellent.

The whole thing was meaningless when less than excellent was discounted and the thought that some person down the corridor refused to give excellent for anything used to really annoy me.

Why? If the service is good then is just good, not excellent. If it it less than good then why not mark honestly?

Am I misunderstanding you perchance?

I’m also glad to see the back of them. They have insufficient space to really give proper feedback and whilst I would never give anything other than an honest score (good or bad), I have read on this forum that so many people give scores that are above the true level of service that they have received, for fear that a steward may lose out, they are completely meaningless. P&O is clearly overhauling it’s staff remuneration, as the things that used to drive it are gradually being removed, hopefully in favour of a better base wage.

Why? If the service is good then is just good, not excellent. If it it less than good then why not mark honestly?

Yes you are the system was flawed. If you gave very good for a steward he got no bonus. One middle mark and one very good was enough to take that person below the acceptable mark for a share of the bonus. Even Captains used to tell people at the welcome that the only score which meant anything was excellent. As I say a stupid flawed system.

Marking honestly was a waste of time. Good riddance.

I agree. Doing what is expected to a fair standard is "good". "Excellent " means a very high standard of service, over and beyond the bare minimum.

It is people marking adequate standard as excellent that has allowed P&O to lower standards.

Yes you are the system was flawed. If you gave very good for a steward he got no bonus. One middle mark and one very good was enough to take that person below the acceptable mark for a share of the bonus. Even Captains used to tell people at the welcome that the only score which meant anything was excellent. As I say a stupid flawed system.

Marking honestly was a waste of time. Good riddance.

Yes good riddance to people feeling obliged to lie. Honest feedback helps an organisation to actually improve and address customer issues, if any.

I agree. Doing what is expected to a fair standard is "good". "Excellent " means a very high standard of service, over and beyond the bare minimum.

It is people marking adequate standard as excellent that has allowed P&O to lower standards.

Yes I would agree with that.

Bal

We got off Ventura in August and got an email survey by the time we got to Southampton airport.

That is good news. I don’t have the time or inclination to complete questionnaires when I’m on holiday, especially at the end when I’m packing.

If this board was run by P&O, you would need to say that it's Excellent news for your comment to count. :)

If this board was run by P&O, you would need to say that it's Excellent news for your comment to count. :)
I don't recall any crew member ever asking for a 10 marking on P&O but several times on RC I have like many others on RC been asked to mark the crew a 10.

I don't recall any crew member ever asking for a 10 marking on P&O but several times on RC I have like many others on RC been asked to mark the crew a 10.

When I have been asked to fill in the questionnaire by staff I always replied, yes I know the game. I have to say I have never had a slightest problem with any cabin steward in all our cruises. I do go out of my way to engage with them everyday when I see them. I had no problem at all giving them an excellent.

Dash it, that’s my end of cruise excitement blown. I always awaited with eager anticipation the PSQ winner’s draw and my chance to get some extra OBC. Only 17 more days until ERNIE has another opportunity to make me a millionaire.

The cabin steward has always made a point of pointing out which box to tick. I now forestall them by pre-empting them, smiling, nodding and saying "I know, I know".

I once left the form on the side for 24 hours and the steward knocked on my door to remind me about it. I now make sure it is out of sight.