Grand Bahia hotel Runaway Bay Jamaica

diamondj

PLease could anyone tell me if they have recently stayed at either Grand Bahia Principe or Luxury Bahia Principe at Runaway Bay Jamaica. Think it is one large complex, split into Adults only or Families.

I keep hearing of bad reviews and poor customer service and am worried about staying here after our cruise. Can anyone give me first hand opinion please.:eek:

TripAdvisor would be my recommendation.

Plus 1. Check Trip Advisor and also look at additional reviews on Yelp and various hotel search engines. If the messages are consistently bad, skip that place.

BTW, if you are making hotel reservations, always do your best to reserve directly with the hotel. Hotel websites have special prices (e.g., senior, AAA, govt.) that are not offered on sites (e.g., Kayak, Hotels.com, etc) and often include perks like free internet. If you see a cheaper price elsewhere, identify the website to the hotel's phone reservation person and they will match it. Also, if you are a FF for the hotel chain in question, note that you may not get points or be able to get a price drop match from the hotel if you booked through a third party (same can be true for car rentals).

Do the homework and you will be rewarded.