Fave cruise reads

CruiseDreamer28

I'm trying to load my Kindle for an upcoming Caribbean/Panama cruise. I read pretty quickly so I'm hoping to find at least 20 or so new books. I mostly enjoy light, not too intense material, no thrillers or graphic murder stories. Please don't make me cry ;)

John Grisham is my fave, I've read them all. I just finished Beautiful Exiles by Meg Waite Clayton - so good! I highly recommend it, especially is you're an Ernest Hemingway fan.

You can try Nora Roberts she has lots of easy reading books or she also writes as JD Robb those books are kind of a romantic thriller but nothing scary mostly suspenseful. But easy to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to load my Kindle for an upcoming Caribbean/Panama cruise. I read pretty quickly so I'm hoping to find at least 20 or so new books. I mostly enjoy light, not too intense material, no thrillers or graphic murder stories. Please don't make me cry ;)

John Grisham is my fave, I've read them all. I just finished Beautiful Exiles by Meg Waite Clayton - so good! I highly recommend it, especially is you're an Ernest Hemingway fan.

If you like Grisham, you might enjoy a legal mystery series by Paul Levine about a college football star/NFL washout turned lawyer called Jake Lassiter. The first book is called 'To Speak for the Dead.' It has some humor, interesting characters and nothing over the top twisted or graphic (but not cozy or romancey either). TO SPEAK FOR THE DEAD (Jake Lassiter Legal Thrillers Book 1) - Kindle edition by Paul Levine. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SHDUD6/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

If you like Grisham, you might enjoy a legal mystery series by Paul Levine about a college football star/NFL washout turned lawyer called Jake Lassiter. The first book is called 'To Speak for the Dead.' It has some humor, interesting characters and nothing over the top twisted or graphic (but not cozy or romancey either). TO SPEAK FOR THE DEAD (Jake Lassiter Legal Thrillers Book 1) - Kindle edition by Paul Levine. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SHDUD6/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Good call! I think I'm going to like these!

For romance read Olivia Miles’ books...enjoy!:) They are all on my Kindle! Someone recommended them to me and I just love them. I bought several of them and when I finished, I put them in the library of whatever ship I was on. (With permission).

A fun and easy read is Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore Novel by Robin Sloan and Rodrigo Corral

and also a fun easy read is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Novel by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer

The last book is a big big TOME, it's called the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

These are 3 of my favorite books. The first two are very light reading, the last one is about a Historian in search for Dracula, this is not a scary or graphic novel. But it's so very interesting how they intertwine the real Vlad the Impaler with the made up monster of Dracula. It's a historic fiction if you will.

Hope you have luck with finding some good reading and enjoy the sea

Try The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje, Where Did You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (great for S.A. & Antarctica itineraries!), The Last Cruise by Kate Christiansen and Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain (our read for an upcoming onboard book discussion group).

I love Janet Evanovich, Sandra Brown & James Patterson. My Mom loves Debbie Macomber & Nicholas Sparks. Any of those authors will provide you with a ton of options.

I came across a couple of authors just by chance that I've fallen in love with....Bill H Myers and Tim Dorsey. Both write about adventures in Florida. Very light, easy reading....Perfect Vacation type books.

Enjoy!