Passport renewal time

croozlady

Posting for my sister... did a search but didn’t see anything recent.

Does anyone know how long passport renewals are taking lately?

Sister needs to renew and has a trip coming up first week of October, wants to know if she has to expedite.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, she doesn't need to expedite. If she sends everything in now (Aug 14th) she would have back in about two weeks. No need to pay the additional fee. They say to allow four to six weeks. However, some of my co-workers had it back in 12 business days in July.

If all your paperwork, photos and payment are in order you should get them in 12 to 16 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recently renewed mine. I mailed it in and two weeks later received it back with a letter saying I forgot to sign the application. I signed it and sent it back in and received my passport about 3 weeks later. So 5 weeks even with me forgetting to sign my application.

Wife got hers renewed and only took a couple weeks or so, my brand new one that I submitted docs for on July 24th arrived in the mail Aug 9th. Like other people have said they say 4-6 weeks, but seems like as long as all the forms and docs are in order and it's pretty straight forward it seems to process fairly expediently. I know I was worried I'd waited to long as we also set sail in October but thankful I don't have to worry about it now :)

A friend sent his renewal in a month ago. He just got the application for renewal back because he had his glasses on in his picture. He had the picture taken at Walmart. They should have told him he couldn't have his glasses on. Now has to start all over.

A friend sent his renewal in a month ago. He just got the application for renewal back because he had his glasses on in his picture. He had the picture taken at Walmart. They should have told him he couldn't have his glasses on. Now has to start all over.

Ouch. I used CVS and they definitely knew the rules. Told me not to smile. I had a logo on my T-shirt that came up pretty high, she cropped it out...even though I offered to go topless.

Posting for my sister... did a search but didn’t see anything recent.

Does anyone know how long passport renewals are taking lately?

Sister needs to renew and has a trip coming up first week of October, wants to know if she has to expedite.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Current reports are 2 - 3 weeks.

• 3 months later...

Mrs. M's US Passport expiring next month, 2 day Priority Mail from NY to TX's processing center for normal handling on 11/14 (Wed) via local PO, delivered on Fri 11/16 (Fri. AM) ... well done.  

State Dept. onsite status reporting that it will be 4 to 6 weeks for processing & first status won't be available for 7 to 10 days upon their receipt.  But, 11/21 - day before Thanksgiving, checked & confirmed in the system and processing, updated email address on file for alert.

A week after its delivery, got an email this afternoon that processing has been completed & document has been printed, should be returning by Priority Mail, on or about 12/1/2018 ... that is less than 3 weeks door to door, very impressive.  Renewed mine about 3 years ago and it was also a fast turnaround.   Fee paid, still $110 USD only for 10 years, plus postage - tracking included.  

Edited by mking8288